Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 30 replies

Huge Troll Squattin' on the Verizon Forum

VZWVan

Feb 28, 2005, 7:23 PM
Hey Rich, you want to consider blocking Kingfrog from the VZW forum? If you read his posts, they're all nuthin' but trolling, ad nauseum.
Grantizzle

Feb 28, 2005, 7:24 PM
i think he should be allowed to stay. he is super entertaining. 😁
VZWVan

Feb 28, 2005, 7:25 PM
Yeah, if you like flame wars that go on forever.
canddmeyer

Mar 3, 2005, 7:32 PM
Kingfrog is not trolling, but rather is disagreeing with the Verizon propaganda. Classic example I've been told in person and via email by Verizon employee's: Verizon won't release a phone until it passes Verizon's rigorous testing.

B.S.

Everyone including Verizon employee's know Verizon has the worst phone selection of all the major carriers. And the two NEW phones I received from Verizon that went through all this supposed rigorous testing were defective. So I went to the competition and lo and behold I found phones that work. It's why I left Verizon.

This is just one of many examples. I really liked my Verizon service, but their phone selection if horrible. Kingfrog brings some interest to the Verizon forum which would otherwise...
(continues)
VZWVan

Mar 8, 2005, 12:09 AM
canddmeyer said:
Kingfrog is not trolling, but rather is disagreeing with the Verizon propaganda.

Naw, the guy was trollin like there was no tomorrow. And he was flaming quite a few people in the process too. What he was doing wasnt 'debate' or discussion of any usuable kind. You know its bad when even PhoenixAshes calls him an idiot, and they're both Cingular zealots. 🤣

Speaking o which, why does the Cingular lunatic fringe always camp out on the Verizon forum picking fights anyway? Insecure? Guess so.
PhoenixAshes

Mar 24, 2005, 4:40 AM
VZWVan said:
canddmeyer said:
Kingfrog is not trolling, but rather is disagreeing with the Verizon propaganda.

Naw, the guy was trollin like there was no tomorrow. And he was flaming quite a few people in the process too. What he was doing wasnt 'debate' or discussion of any usuable kind. You know its bad when even PhoenixAshes calls him an idiot, and they're both Cingular zealots. 🤣

Speaking o which, why does the Cingular lunatic fringe always camp out on the Verizon forum picking fights anyway? Insecure? Guess so.

Yet another person who insists that when a Cingular employee says, "Sorry, Mr Verizon employee, you are wrong", that this is indeed "picking a figh...
(continues)
bigdaddyjay

Mar 24, 2005, 5:24 PM
Maybe it's time that VZW forum users start going over to the Cingular forum where they bash their customers and bitch about how the company isn't paying them right or crying about unions and talking about how the company is forcing ATT customers to migrate to plans that cost more. This guy put VZWFan and you attack him?? You work for the number one company now (subscriber wise) but they still don't have the nations most reliable network and VZW will add more subscribers in the first quarter of 2005 and when the news is released you will be getting slammed in the Cingular Forum 😈
VZWVan

Mar 24, 2005, 8:44 PM
PhoenixAshes said:
Yet another person who insists that when a Cingular employee says, "Sorry, Mr Verizon employee, you are wrong", that this is indeed "picking a fight".

You're coming to the aid of the wrong damsel in distress- Kingfrog isn't a cingular employee. He's either self-employed or unemployed, depending on how you take it.

Oh and as far as being a "zealot", I've worked for everyone... I just happen to work for number one now...
Being called a "zealot" by someone so smitten with their company that they name themselves AFTER the company is extremely ironic...

Everyone who's ever had the displeasure of sitting through one of your "Cingular GOOD, Verizon BAAAAD" tirades o...
(continues)
PhoenixAshes

Mar 25, 2005, 12:44 AM
VZWVan said:
Everyone who's ever had the displeasure of sitting through one of your "Cingular GOOD, Verizon BAAAAD" tirades on the Verizon forum knows that you're a Cingular zealot. Why you'd want to camp out on the forum of a carrier you obviously hate is beyond me. Insecurity? Probably.

Ok.
Go for it.
Show me a link of when I just randomly started ranting and raving "verizon baaaaad".
Go ahead.
I'll be right here.
More than likely, it was my counterpoint in response to the typical "cingular baaaaaad" crap that your ilk are prone to...
Good lawdy, even muchdrama is getting tired of the monotonous drivel you guys drone on about.

Insecurity? No.
When debating technologies for instance, when I t...
(continues)
pizpiz80

Mar 25, 2005, 12:05 PM
waaa waaa boo hoo... go grab a bottle and take a nap. 🙄
PhoenixAshes

Mar 26, 2005, 1:59 AM
pizpiz80 said:
waaa waaa boo hoo... go grab a bottle and take a nap. 🙄

This... coming from the biggest bottle feeder in the bunch... 🙄
pizpiz80

Mar 28, 2005, 11:36 AM
Cain is that you? 😳
bigdaddyjay

Mar 3, 2005, 10:40 PM
I would say he could stay if he had a clue about what he is talking about but he is only flame baiting and can't back anything he says up. If he loves Cingular so much why is he always trolling on the Verizon page but never contributing to the Cingular forum?? GEt RId of HIm and PHoenixAshes I say!!!
VZWVan

Mar 8, 2005, 12:12 AM
Can't say I disagree.
VZWVan

Mar 13, 2005, 4:06 PM
And guess what? Ubertroll/ubertool Kingfrog is back camping on the VZW forum. We need to punt this chump- he pretty much admits he's a troll in some of his posts.
bigdaddyjay

Mar 19, 2005, 5:51 PM
People need to stop fighting with him. I say we just start answering his posts with positive feedback and kill him with kindness. I'm on my way now!!
speedywalk

Mar 21, 2005, 12:27 PM
Awwww....Rich deleted it again. 😢

Oh well.

Just ignore him. Not look at the posts. Don't respond to the posts. AND MOST OF ALL END THIS THREAD RIGHT NOW!

All this bickering by the 'normal' users of the forum just validates his actions.

Speedywalk
"It ain't broke, it just needs duct tape!"
froggirl

Mar 20, 2005, 11:41 AM
He is incredibly offensive. I work for Verizon's competition and even I get pissed off reading his posts! 😕 Something should be done, but maybe there's something other than banning him? Rich - do you suspend people ever?
VZWVan

Mar 21, 2005, 7:24 PM
froggirl said:
He is incredibly offensive. I work for Verizon's competition and even I get pissed off reading his posts! 😕 Something should be done, but maybe there's something other than banning him? Rich - do you suspend people ever?

Yep, you're right.

And y'know, since Kingfrog's just here to troll to the Verizon forum (he pretty much admits it), the cruelest thing you could do to him would be to bar him from the VZW forum only. Its a fair punishment too, since if he actually had something to contribute, he could still do it on all the other forums.

It'd be funny if Rich ever did that- you can just picture KF trying to login and screaming "NOOOOOOOOO! I can't TROLL anymore! WAAAAAAAH!!!"
bigdaddyjay

Mar 22, 2005, 4:44 PM
I somehow wonder if Rich finds some sick happiness in watching this guy tick everyone off with his B.S.
PhoenixAshes

Mar 24, 2005, 4:53 AM
bigdaddyjay said:
I somehow wonder if Rich finds some sick happiness in watching this guy tick everyone off with his B.S.

Maybe he just likes to hear all of the hypocritical whiners complain and cry that they don't like to read someone Else's opinion.

"Rich,[sniffle], can you ban this guy?[sniffle]
He says things that I don't agree with and hurts my feelings[sniffle]..."

When I was going to elementary school, my teacher would make all of the whiney tattle-tales wear a sign on them for a day that told the rest of the school how much of a big baby they were...

Maybe if Rich also posted how many times people "report to the moderator" we could all return to being responsible adults instead of bratty ...
(continues)
BetterThanJake

Mar 24, 2005, 8:18 AM
Well, THAT was certainly a heapin' helpin' of bile, wasn't it, Phoenix? 🙄

You may not personally like the moderation feature, but it IS useful, as some ppl on the 'net have the self-control of toddlers, and getting their sorry ass banned or modded is about the only thing that keeps a site from devolving into a profanity & flamefest-laden three-ring circus. Trust me, I've been to sites where the modding was non-existent, and its amazing how puke ugly and vulgar ppl got. 😳

I do understand that you're a little sympathetic to Kingfrog because, like you, he hates Verizon. That said, the criticism of him comes not so much from the fact that he hates Verizon, but that he insists on TROLLING THE VERIZON FORUM 24-7, with garbage attac...
(continues)
PhoenixAshes

Mar 25, 2005, 12:07 AM
BetterThanJake said:
Well, THAT was certainly a heapin' helpin' of bile, wasn't it, Phoenix? 🙄

No, it wasn't. It was a comment on how people can't seem to stand up for themselves instead of acting like kids who had their candy stolen. You call it bile because I said it.

You may not personally like the moderation feature, but it IS useful, as some ppl on the 'net have the self-control of toddlers, and getting their sorry ass banned or modded is about the only thing that keeps a site from devolving into a profanity & flamefest-laden three-ring circus. Trust me, I've been to sites where the modding was non-existent, and its amazing how puke ugly and vulgar ppl got. 😳

I d...
(continues)
Rich Brome

Mar 25, 2005, 12:11 PM
I assure you that's not the case. I try not to watch.

But of course when a message is reported, we investigate.

If someone wants to complain about a company, they are free to do so. If you disagree, you are free to ignore them or engage them, as you wish, as long as it stays civilized.
speedywalk

Mar 25, 2005, 12:21 PM
Rich Brome said:
If you disagree, you are free to ignore them or engage them, as you wish, as long as it stays civilized.

I guess calling people "empty-headed animal food trough wipers" isn't civilized.... 😕

Lighten up people. If Kingfrog gets that bad, then just report it. I engaged him, and he seemed to shut up. He's nothing when you actually engage him on facts...went after the root of the problem and I actually got him to shut up. It's possible.

Or just ignore him.

In either case, lighten up!

Speedywalk
bigdaddyjay

Mar 25, 2005, 8:02 PM
I guess the Frog has every right to do as he does and at least he never swears so we will just have to debate him and respect him for his freedon of self expression.
dca

Mar 24, 2005, 11:15 AM
I think Rich needs to create a separate members only section dedicated to "Phonescoop Gone Wild". He can place all the deleted "report to moderator" posts and copies of messages he might of sent users reprimanding them for whatever profanity etc.
speedywalk

Mar 24, 2005, 11:43 AM
I'm still sore he keeps deleting my Monty Python insult! 😢

Can anybody even take being called an "empty headed animal food trough wiper" seriously? 😛

Speedywalk
dca

Mar 24, 2005, 12:16 PM
"There's just no pleasing some people..."
speedywalk

Mar 24, 2005, 12:22 PM
I think he reads it, laughs his head off, and then hits the "delete post" button and laughs again! 😉

Speedywalk
CoziKitti51

Mar 27, 2005, 1:57 AM
This may sound sooooooo stupid, but can someone inform me what trolling exactly is. I have an idea, but not quite clear what classifies that.
Did I mention I'm a dirty BLONDE??? Thanks in advance!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.