phonescoop.com

all discussions

Sony Ericsson Xperia X1

OfAMightDivine

Dec 29, 2008, 12:48 PM
Why no love for the phone on the site?
filerx

Dec 29, 2008, 4:46 PM
I wouuldn't be suprised if the device is being left off either no major US wireless carrier has committed to SE yet or it is still pending FCC approval.
IrishCarBomb

Dec 29, 2008, 5:28 PM
You can walk into your local Best Buy and buy one!

I bet it is left off because they haven't bought one yet to review, they cost $800!
filerx

Dec 29, 2008, 10:03 PM
Ok, the FCC may have approved it, but apparently the device hasn't been certified by any of of the US wireless carriers that have deployed a GSM network. By the way, the cost of the Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 doesn't suprise me since the device is unlocked. This is actually one of the typical business models implimented overseas. Buy an unlocked GSM device and just purchase your wireless service from one of the many carriers by buying a SIM.
IrishCarBomb

Dec 30, 2008, 2:51 PM
It isn't on a US carrier yet because of business decisions made by Sony Ericsson, just as most of their phones don't end up on a US carrier.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.