Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 16 replies

chatbox......

jscoop

Dec 28, 2008, 1:30 PM
Why cant there just be a chat box where we can chat live just like we do in the forums but much easier to follow...all the backspacing and trying to find the replies to each subject ...any future hope of chat boxes which are free and easy to put on your site? I'm sure everyone will agree and maybe already has posted something about this but I'm new so thought i would voice my aggravation
Rich Brome

Dec 29, 2008, 12:04 PM
For the Lounge forum, or other forums as well?
ajlineman

Jan 5, 2009, 2:34 PM
I agree that this is a good idea, I spend enough time in Shop Talk that a chat box would save ALOT of time.
And to answer your question, I would suggest that if your going to do it to the lounge, do it to all forums, or at least the most popular.
ElTriste

Jan 6, 2009, 4:22 PM
Agreed, it would also be more efficient, if someone needs quick advice, or information that's not already readily available (like blackberry or palm shortcuts, tips and tricks, etc...) I think it would make for an extremely efficient process, and I think that there would be triple the users if the site was used like that aswell...I think it's win in 😁
Rich Brome

Jan 13, 2009, 8:39 PM
1. For all forums, we do plan to make it dramatically easier and faster to navigate threads. It's something that's been planned for a while and it years overdue, but... it's still on the ol' to-do list. It will come sooner or later. (I hope sooner.) I suspect this will address many of your concerns.

2. For the Lounge, I can see chat being a decent idea, however... to be perfectly frank, we're not in the business of helping employees of other companies kill time at work.

Please don't get me wrong; we love that so many carrier employees are loyal visitors of the site and we do want to make this a good site for your needs. 🙂

However, the Lounge forum generates no revenue for us, and is actually quite a drain on resources. Adding cha...
(continues)
ajlineman

Jan 13, 2009, 9:47 PM
That makes a lot of sense.
I'm not disagreeing with you but I wanted to point something out that I've noticed with as much time I spend in these rooms.
Alot of the people that post in the "busy" forums (I.E. lounge, shop talk) are agents or other wireless personel as you pointed out, but these are also the same people that are giving informed answers to your "customers" in the other forums where imput creates more "revenue" for you.
I don't know if anyone else feels this way but for the most part I'm here to talk about phones, so I find myself staying away from the lounge and do most of my "Breeze shooting" in the shop talk forum. I agree that the chat rooms wouldn't be best in the other forums, but possibly adding one to the shop talk (...
(continues)
Jayshmay

Jan 7, 2009, 7:28 AM
Yeah Rich, I feel the same. Sometimes I have to press back numerous times, to get back to the main thread.
It would be a much, much smoother experience.
Rich Brome

Jan 13, 2009, 8:21 PM
Jayshmay said:
...Sometimes I have to press back numerous times, to get back to the main thread. ..

You should never have to press "back" multiple times. Just click "Top message" to go to the top of the thread, or "Back to message list" to see all threads.
Jayshmay

Jan 14, 2009, 2:52 AM
This is what my experience has been like using Opera Mini 4.2, after I make a post, click submit, and "attempt" to click "Back To Message List" the page just loads, and returns to the same page, again, and again, I click and it loads the same page. I do more than 90% of my web browsing on my N95-3 using Opera Mini, this has become my experience.
Rich Brome

Jan 14, 2009, 11:31 AM
That sounds like a bug in Opera Mini. You should report it to Opera.
Jayshmay

Jan 14, 2009, 11:36 AM
Yes sir Mr. Phone Scoop, I'll report it, hopefully they'll do something about it.
robtheman

Jan 7, 2009, 12:08 PM
I may be in the minority here, but I prefer the way the website it now. If someone responds to something I say, then I may not be able to get back to a computer to check the response for a few hours. If there was a chat room instead, I would never see the response. I guess you could set up some sort of chat room in addition to the current structure, but getting rid of the actual message board seems like a bad idea to me. I would probably stop coming altogether if the website was set up that way.
ajlineman

Jan 7, 2009, 4:26 PM
I'm in agreement with ya here too Rob. I think most of us were suggesting it be an addition to, rathen then a replacement of the current post structure. I think it would be nice to "chat" about some topics but like you, I would never see any responses to anything posted if that was the only option.
reason.voice

Jan 8, 2009, 11:38 AM
The way I see it, all the regular forums would remain in place. But instead of a sometimes-crazy-to-follow Lounge, with six or seven (loosely related, and almost immediately off-topic) threads in play at any one time, this banter would move into the chatbox.

So you can keep your place in your discussion about how stupid the iPhone is in the threads, but not necessarily feel the need to go pawing through 80 posts about who is going to make whom a sandwich...
jscoop

Jan 9, 2009, 5:02 PM
exactly
ajlineman

Jan 8, 2009, 2:57 PM
Any update on if this is a possible reality or just an unrealistic dream?
llama

Jan 8, 2009, 3:02 PM
I'm sure Rich is currently busy at the CES...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.