Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 22 replies

Hey Rich!

cookiesandcreme69

Dec 2, 2008, 3:39 PM
Have you guys ever seriously considered a phonescoop convention? And I don't mean for users to get together and drink and party but where we can see different phones from manufacters, find out about upcoming phones that are coming out and things like that. I know Blackberry and Sanyo reps always have demo phones you can play with while still in the testing phases before they come out. Also it would be cool if the posters of Phonescoop got to actually do reviews for you guys to post once the phones actually come out! I think it is a good idea then companies could actually send their reps and the reps could get accreditted for it. Thanks!
redbulladdict

Dec 2, 2008, 4:42 PM
oh you mean like a Star Trek convention be realistic like a phone scoop convention would ever happen
llama

Dec 2, 2008, 7:57 PM
CES and Vegas for!
robtheman

Dec 2, 2008, 11:30 PM
Can you imagine what some of those user reviews would look like?

"tha screne aint big enuf and (VZW/ATT/T-Mobile/Sprint) sux anyway so get ur fones from (VZW/ATT/T-Mobile/Sprint) instead!"

Besides, they already have the option for users to create their own reviews of the phones. This is just a bad idea all around.
ajlineman

Dec 3, 2008, 2:49 PM
I like the idea, it would be cool to go to something like this even if its just for educational benefits. However I realise its not only unlikely, it could have alot of problems.
Crapbag

Dec 3, 2008, 4:05 PM
That and events are already put on by other groups and vendors.
ajlineman

Dec 4, 2008, 4:10 PM
Understandable. I think the idea here was more along the lines of having a broad variety of phones and carriers. Other manufactorors only present their phones. The idea of phonescoop ya know is its kind of a unbiased introduction to everything. Any convention help with this group would be VERY different from most other groups or venders.
Rich Brome

Dec 4, 2008, 5:03 PM
It sounds like you mean something for people in the industry?

In that case, I'll say right front that, from my point of view, I have no interest in doing your employer's job. What I mean is, if you work for a carrier, and an event with multiple manufacturers would help you do your jobs, (and I can see the value in that,) then that's something your carrier employer should be doing.

In fact, carriers might not appreciate us assuming such a role, and I don't know if manufacturers would be comfortable participating in such an event.

Therefore, if we ever did do events, they would be more consumer-oriented.
Crapbag

Dec 4, 2008, 5:50 PM
Very true. In fact about a month ago my area manager put together a road show with Samsung, Pantech, Motorola, Blackberry, Palm, Sony Ericsson, and LG. It was a fantastic job with a few free phone raffles. It was also nice because it was low key rather than a bunch of strangers crowding into a giant hall.
ajlineman

Dec 4, 2008, 6:59 PM
I'm not necessairly saying I would want to do it for the benefit of my job, and I could see why you would want to do it to a more comsumer oriented crowd. I'm saying that as someone in the industry, AND as a consumer/someone interested in wireless hardware a typical convention wouldn't do much good. I was saying that if you were to do one it would most likely be in the phonescoop "genre" which like I said I would define as a unbiased opinion on all carriers and manufacturers rather then just one.
llama

Dec 4, 2008, 7:34 PM
Dude, learn to read what Rich said. He said no.
ajlineman

Dec 4, 2008, 11:09 PM
Dude I wasn't tryin to talk him into it, I was clarifying what I said earlier, calm yourself.
Rich Brome

Dec 3, 2008, 2:57 PM
Some kind of small city meet-up, where companies could present, is a possibility. It's not something we really have the resources for at the moment, though.

As for posting reviews, of course we do offer user reviews for just that purpose. 🙂
Rich Brome

Dec 3, 2008, 3:23 PM
PS: It seems every other thread is titled "hey rich" in here. It's flattering to be so popular 😉 but it's really not helpful.

I do check this forum often. "Hey rich" isn't necessary to get my attention.

More descriptive subject lines would be helpful to everyone.

If you really only want to talk to me, you can send me a private message or use the "Contact Us" link on the left.

Thanks! 🙂
Saint.Patrick

Dec 4, 2008, 9:34 PM
I believe the annual CTIA convention is the solution cookiesandcreme to your question. The various ones I've attended in the past as a spectator were mind blowing to say the very least.
Saint.Patrick

Dec 5, 2008, 7:08 AM
Hopefully I'll see some PSers at the 2009 one (April 1-3) in Las Vegas. 😉 Remember, what happens in Vegas STAYS in Vegas. 😎 I'm glad I've my spot already booked. As Garth once sang...I've got friends in low places. 🤣
http://www.ctiawireless.com »
http://www.ctia.org »
pantech.slate2009

Dec 5, 2008, 9:22 AM
Saint.Patrick said:
Hopefully I'll see some PSers at the 2009 one (April 1-3) in Las Vegas. 😉 Remember, what happens in Vegas STAYS in Vegas. 😎 I'm glad I've my spot already booked. As Garth once sang...I've got friends in low places. 🤣
http://www.ctiawireless.com »
http://www.ctia.org
»

Be careful what you wish for. If you meet some PSers in Vegas, you may not get a warm welcome given your track record on the forums.
llama

Dec 5, 2008, 10:03 AM
A waste of time to go see Al Gore...
robtheman

Dec 5, 2008, 12:21 PM
May not? I would make it more of a definite. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get punched in the face.
pantech.slate2009

Dec 5, 2008, 12:42 PM
robtheman said:
May not? I would make it more of a definite. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get punched in the face.

I was trying to be nice to the guy, despite the fact that nobody on here likes him. But yes, I STRONGLY advise that he steer clear of any Phonescoopers at the CTIA 2009, especially the women because he has riled so many of them up and creeped them out to the point that they will get violent if he comes near them.
robtheman

Dec 5, 2008, 12:57 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see him slapped with a restraining order.
ajlineman

Dec 5, 2008, 1:50 PM
LOL! For his sake I just hope he lives in or near Vegas and isn't traveling there for just this convention. Honestly? If you go to VEGAS and the only thing you do is attend a CELL PHONE convention, you deserve anything that you get while attending.
llama

Dec 5, 2008, 5:16 PM
He is in Georgia.

This thread has been closed by a moderator.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.