Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 12 replies

SO PC IM SICK

will I am1980

Oct 28, 2008, 4:51 PM
why does everything we say on here have to be scrutinized...and if it doesnt pass judgement we get a warning email and our post removed. where is the freedom of speech...i mean really when did we get so soft that it became a big deal if someone we dont even know says something we dont like..now im not sayin i want to go around ranting and taving but why not be able to express yourself how you chose to..if someone is being a jerk you should be able to say they are being a jerk in a much harsher way....just my opinion...im just so tired of censor.
ralph_on_me

Oct 28, 2008, 4:59 PM
You agreed to the terms of service when you became a member of this site, so don't complain that you have to abide by them.
will I am1980

Oct 28, 2008, 5:16 PM
i didnt assume my words would be quite that limited
ralph_on_me

Oct 28, 2008, 5:29 PM
They err on the side of caution. Take it with a grain of salt, they don't hate you. They also tend to be slightly more lenient in the lounge, in case you just have to vent.
Rich Brome

Oct 28, 2008, 6:11 PM
That's a valid question. There are a few reasons:
  1. We think it's important that this remain a family-friendly site. Kids of all ages have cell phones these days, and if their parents give them some choice in the shopping process, I do hope those kids are doing a bit of research. They shouldn't encounter foul language when they do.
  2. Everyone has different tolerances for certain types of language and joking around. Language that you and your friends might consider "casual" might be "offensive" to your mother or your uptight neighbor down the street. We want this site to be one where everyone feels welcome. The only way to do that is for everyone to be civilized and use respectable language.
  3. New users - and everyone, real
(continues)
ElTriste

Oct 28, 2008, 6:35 PM
Well said, I've been guilty of it from time to time, it's easy to get upset about something that's said. I don't think you guys are nazis for deleting posts, that in hind sight, were probably inappropriate. I think you guys are doing a great job on the site, and it helps pass the time at work while there are no customers...which in this desolate economy...is almost everyday...thanks rich, and keep up the good work 🙂
llama

Oct 28, 2008, 8:59 PM
ass-kisser! 😁
ElTriste

Oct 28, 2008, 9:47 PM
...ass! đŸ¤Ŗ
Rich Brome

Oct 28, 2008, 11:10 PM
😡
Rich Brome

Oct 28, 2008, 11:10 PM
☚ī¸
llama

Oct 29, 2008, 6:48 AM
Rich, don't be sad. I did use an emoticon to indicate the sarcasm as you had mentioned before.
ElTriste

Oct 29, 2008, 8:10 PM
That you did, he was sad with you and mad at me. 👀

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.