Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 21 replies

Is it an April Fool's Joke?

Rich Brome

Apr 1, 2008, 3:46 AM
I wish it were, my friends, I wish it were.

But no, we've turned Phone Scoop magenta today in protest of T-Mobile threatening Engadget Mobile over their use of the color magenta. Sound like an April Fool's joke? It's not. They really are.

It's just as bad (if not worse) than RIM (the BlackBerry company) suing Samsung over the BlackJack... because they essentially said they owned the word "black". They also sued Samsung over a Korean phone with "berry" in the name of the COLOR of the phone - not the actual name of the phone... where will this nonsense end?

That's all crazy enough, but owning a color... really?

Phone Scoop is proud to stand by our friends at Engadget Mobile against this insanity.
CSIdude42

Apr 1, 2008, 5:51 AM
G O P H O N E S C O O P! I stand behind this. T-Mobile is nobody speacial and they can't "own" a color. Also Happy April Fools!

So we protest until... T-Mobile apoligizes for the theat?
Ask The Shack

Apr 1, 2008, 8:21 AM
Wow, I've been waiting quite some time for the April first edition of phone scoop, and this is what you show? A pretty color? Amature hour.

Ever since I've been coming here, I've always anticipated the April fools edition of the Phonescoop news page, and I've been very let down this year.

Yeah, it's a cute show of solidarity to put one section of your website one color, but couldn't you have done both, or maybe put the changed the color tomorrow if you thought people would believe it was part of the prank?

Don't get me wrong, I love Phonescoop, but I've come to expect certain things from you guys, and get let down when the ball gets dropped in this fashion.

Once again I state, amature hour.
Blumpelstiltskin

Apr 1, 2008, 8:47 AM
I think the reason they don't put garbage on the news screen is because people rely on the site for information - it is bad for business to put a feed full of crap... we both know there are morons out there who would actually believe it and spread it.
eljeffe666

Apr 1, 2008, 8:49 AM
ya i remember one year when the April fools joke on the radio was talking about some restaurant that was serving horse as a main course

and it was amazing how many ppl were calling in to get directions cause they wanted to try it
Blumpelstiltskin

Apr 1, 2008, 8:58 AM
For those of you Opie and Anthony fans - who remember why they got kicked off the air.
Rich Brome

Apr 1, 2008, 9:17 AM
๐Ÿ˜• What I said is that this is NOT an April Fool's joke.

We're not doing April Fool's this year because it is the first day of CTIA today. It is - by far - our single biggest (real) news day of the year. We can't ignore that.
Fenix1003

Apr 1, 2008, 9:59 AM
๐Ÿคจ
Watch me believe you and then a few hours later or tomorrow you say it was the April fools prank....
๐Ÿ™„
LordObento

Apr 1, 2008, 8:39 AM
Looks like Phonearena joined the protest too.
I think the legal departments are trying to keep busy by making up crazy letters and threats.

- Blackberry sues Samsung over the Blackjack
- Blackberry sues Verizon over the word BLACK cherry and strawBERRY as the name of the color some chocolate phones
- MobiTV threatens to shut down Howardforums
- T-Mobile threatens Engadget Mobile over the use of the color Magenta

Look for more letters like:
- Blackberry sues AT&T over the BLACK RAZR
- Verizon/Verizon Wireless sues U.S. Education System for using a Red Checkmark when grading papers
- AT&T sues Lucas Arts Films over the Death Star
- The singer Pink sues any manufacture for using the color Pink
eljeffe666

Apr 1, 2008, 8:45 AM
i get all of them except att and the death star
LordObento

Apr 1, 2008, 8:54 AM
the AT&T Logo looks like the Death Star
eljeffe666

Apr 1, 2008, 8:56 AM
o ok i see ๐Ÿคญ ๐Ÿ˜
llama

Apr 1, 2008, 8:31 AM
I kinda like the color...easier to see.
yoboy8

Apr 1, 2008, 10:14 AM
true
ErikaMarie

Apr 1, 2008, 8:32 AM
Blue was much less conspicuous on my screen... it matched Windows. ๐Ÿ˜ข
princessn1984

Apr 1, 2008, 9:43 AM
๐Ÿ˜‰
Blumpelstiltskin

Apr 1, 2008, 8:33 AM
Shenanigans!!
Chaos

Apr 1, 2008, 10:44 AM
Unless CNN has decided to participate on April Fools Day, because I saw the story there before even coming here.
aavera

Apr 1, 2008, 10:55 AM
and T Mobile can kiss off. That's just rediculous!
ralph_on_me

Apr 1, 2008, 1:18 PM
I thought my monitor was just going out.
Sphcc01

Apr 1, 2008, 2:09 PM
๐Ÿคฃ me too...
crackberry

Apr 1, 2008, 1:29 PM
Rich Brome said:
I wish it were, my friends, I wish it were.

But no, we've turned Phone Scoop magenta today in protest of T-Mobile threatening Engadget Mobile over their use of the color magenta. Sound like an April Fool's joke? It's not. They really are.

It's just as bad (if not worse) than RIM (the BlackBerry company) suing Samsung over the BlackJack... because they essentially said they owned the word "black". They also sued Samsung over a Korean phone with "berry" in the name of the COLOR of the phone - not the actual name of the phone... where will this nonsense end?

That's all crazy enough, but owning a color... really?

Phone Scoop is proud to stand by our friends at Engadget Mobile against this insanity
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.