Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

Suggestion for the forum.

Big Poppa

Nov 1, 2003, 3:15 PM
Hey Rich, are you planning on adding a way to collasp and expand the threads?? What I mean is, as a way to not have to scroll through soo much, just have the forum show the Starting message and a way to expand all the replies to view them, and then unexplan them when your done viewing them.. Kinda how USENEST works when going through Outlooks, or how Windows Hierarcy format goes, they have the little box with the + in it if there have been reply to the message, and you click the little + to show them all in a heirarchle format.
Rich Brome

Nov 1, 2003, 4:20 PM
On the web, that gets really complicated, really fast. I'm not sure I could do something like that and keep performance acceptable.

Have you tried the "Threads - Top" view? It lets you see the top of the tread, plus the number of replies and the most recent reply. Then if you want to view the whole thread, you can click on the top message to see the top message and the whole thread of replies. That's essentially very similar...
Vipermad

Nov 12, 2003, 5:56 AM
I am sure this has been said before.....but if you need a hand, let me know. 🙂 Yes, I am a newbie here...but I have run the Forums and Advertising over at http://www.viperclub.org for over four years, going through 3 different "boards". 🙂

Threaded is nice. 🙂
Rich Brome

Nov 12, 2003, 6:36 AM
I appreciate that. I will be looking for moderators soon. Look for an announcement in a few weeks.
Big Poppa

Nov 12, 2003, 11:14 AM
Hey Rich, I would like to apply for a job as moderator when you do this. I am also a moderator over at 3GUpload.com too, under the name vzwguy2003

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.