Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 11 replies

New Phone Scoop Forums!!

TMoGuy

Feb 6, 2008, 4:55 PM
Please, Phone Scoop, can you change these forums!? They are terrible! Not the content of the forums, that is great, just the way they (the forums) are set up. I don't know if you guys developed this format, and I don't mean to put you down for it, but it is absolutely terrible! If I'm reading a thread, and someone replies to the thread, I should just be able to scroll down the page and see everyones response, (I'm not sure if there is a specific name for this type of forum, so hopefully I explained it well enough) I shouldn't have to click on the top message and go back, just to click on one response, and do it all over again. I know I sound like an angry wireless customer and I apologize. Trust me, I know how it is. I just find these forums...
(continues)
Crapbag

Feb 6, 2008, 7:01 PM
This has been posted some nine hundred times already. Not that I'm trying to bag on you, but if you do a quick search you'll find the same response time and time again.
TMoGuy

Feb 7, 2008, 2:28 PM
Oh, my bad.. I was just in a fit of rage due to an issue at work when I was posting, I didn't think to look. Thanks though, I'll do some research.
fyredawg

Feb 6, 2008, 7:18 PM
The current format is better anyway. Makes it easier to tell who is replying to what.
Rich Brome

Feb 6, 2008, 8:17 PM
That is one of the main advantages of the way we do it. With other forum systems, there's no structure, so you can't always tell who is replying to what.

We do know it's a major pain to click and load whole new page for each message. That's something we do plan to address. I know I've been saying that forever and I apologize it's not happening sooner. It will happen, though! 🙂
Moruitelda

Feb 7, 2008, 6:29 PM
I think the implementation of the something awful forums is just about perfect. Why not go to a more traditional layout with a "quote post" option?

I really agree with the first post, this format is horrible, but the information makes it worthwhile!
ErikaMarie

Feb 8, 2008, 11:08 AM
That's what the quote feature is for... so that you can reply to a certain message. One response per page load is a painful way to operate.

... but I've been asking you to change the forum for years.
techguy22

Feb 11, 2008, 6:27 PM
Just an idea, but.....

1.) If possible you could try to make it where the two forum styles (this one and the list style) were an option that the user could choose to from in their profile.

2.) Or you could keep it as is but the spicific user has to expand or close the reply as they wish.

If you don't get what I mean I will try to explain it better.
StoreLead

Feb 12, 2008, 8:16 PM
i really like the idea of getting rid of the 'one response per page', but i cant figure out how to keep the organized format without going to a java applet, or loading the whole conversation in a list that can be opened and expanded. either way, they have their disadvantages... java would probably be inaccessable by anyone on a firewalled network, and loading the whole conversation can get pretty bad.

but i have total faith in you! i'm sure that you can figure something out. your doing a great job! thanks alot! 😁
Bufford T. Justice

Feb 13, 2008, 2:42 PM
Thank you for the clarification I'm sure many people had regarding this thread.
irockash

May 1, 2008, 8:24 PM
How about 2 different setups, one for news and one for the regular forums?

The current setup works really well for discussing news...
crackberry

May 3, 2008, 10:47 AM
I like the layout of phonescoop. I wasn't into blog sites or forums until '03 when I started coming to this site and I like the way it's laid out. I cannot stand some of the other forum sites because it looks like one big cluster *&*&*. All differences aside, I think phonescoop is laid out the best.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.