Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Attention: New Rules

Rich Brome

Feb 4, 2008, 4:53 PM
Things have gotten a little out of control and really dragged on the spirit of the forums recently, and I'd like to try to change that.

Therefore there are two things I don't want to see any more of starting today:

1. People throwing around accusations of someone being a another (banned) user. It's become a bit like the Salem Witch Trials here lately and no ones needs that.

If a banned user returns, it is a violation of the ToU, so if you notice that, please report it to us. When you report it to us, please be specific. "This person sounds like / has the same personality as X" is not specific. We need more to go on than that.

However, please do NOT make a public stink about it. In fact, please just don't mention it in the forums ...
(continues)
Fenix1003

Feb 4, 2008, 5:00 PM
Hey I remember you!!
Sherman Schrader

Feb 4, 2008, 5:06 PM
*Raising my shot of Drambue up in the air* Bravo bravo bravo! Who's the other moderator since Eric Linn departed? Did Eric M. Zeman step up to the plate as a moderator as well as wireless commentator?
whymeohgodwhyme

Feb 4, 2008, 5:19 PM
Rich Brome said:
Things have gotten a little out of control and really dragged on the spirit of the forums recently, and I'd like to try to change that.

Therefore there are two things I don't want to see any more of starting today:

1. People throwing around accusations of someone being a another (banned) user. It's become a bit like the Salem Witch Trials here lately and no ones needs that.

If a banned user returns, it is a violation of the ToU, so if you notice that, please report it to us. When you report it to us, please be specific. "This person sounds like / has the same personality as X" is not specific. We need more to go on than that.

However, please do NOT make a public stink about it. In fact, please
(continues)
Protege

Feb 4, 2008, 5:36 PM
Leave already ๐Ÿคจ
Sherman Schrader

Feb 4, 2008, 5:58 PM
You can't even see the previous thread of whymegodwhyme. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
ReaperTut

Feb 5, 2008, 7:52 PM
they got deleted..
japhy

Feb 4, 2008, 6:12 PM
Personally, I thought the whole "[user] IS A STOCK PUPPET FOR [former/alternate user]" was just a tad entertaining, but were I a moderator, it would be a spectacular pain.

Not that I'm prodding ๐Ÿ˜‰ , but I'm just a tad curious as to how the whole search for a new contriburor/moderator is going. . . ?
japhy

Feb 20, 2008, 1:51 PM
Dang, I just now noticed my spelling errors - I'll never be a phonescoop mod now... ๐Ÿ˜ข

I'm still curious what the criteria will be for the new person, though...
techguy22

Feb 8, 2008, 8:48 PM
Thank you. I am sure I speak for many when I say that is a job well done.
ReaperTut

Feb 19, 2008, 7:17 PM
ditto..agreed...hurray

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.