Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 35 replies

Petition to get Cain Back

schnozejt

Dec 15, 2004, 9:47 PM
I think Cain should be allowed back in, he made a mistake and he probably has learned from his mistake. Cain provides great information to people and is good part of this forum.

Would you let him back in if I get enough people to reply to this post agreeing that Cain should be let back in?
TexasJulie

Dec 15, 2004, 9:50 PM
I personally agree. I work alone 90% of the time, and am fairly new to the wireless game and Cain has provided me with lots of knowledge for both MY employer-- as well as his. 😉

I think there is far worse trolling going on around here (Not gonna be a whine bag and dime folks out) than Cain...

For the sake of a good time-- please let Cain back!
Julie
speck

Dec 15, 2004, 10:02 PM
He has my vote. Let the goober back in.
ShunAsa

Dec 15, 2004, 10:46 PM
Please let Cain back in! He may have been harsh at times, however, he is highly intelligent and knowledgable, you're not going to like everyone you work/live with....some folks should grow up.
tyrjohn

Dec 16, 2004, 9:02 PM
I haven't been here much since Cain has been gone, Please let Cain back
VZWVan

Dec 15, 2004, 10:25 PM
Gotta disagree there. He seems like one guy who doesnt ever learn from a mistake. Every thing I ever seen from him, its always someone elses fault, never his
TexasJulie

Dec 15, 2004, 10:26 PM
I believe the conversation you are looking for is in the Verizon Forum.... 🙄
ali_dawn

Dec 15, 2004, 10:31 PM
i've been reading the forums for a couple weeks. i think Cain expresses his oppinion and keeps it interesting. Our jobs can be boring and ineventful enough, where we go to vent shouldn't be.
TexasJulie

Dec 15, 2004, 10:33 PM
😉 Is that a yes or no? LOL
ali_dawn

Dec 15, 2004, 10:34 PM
a yes
TexasJulie

Dec 15, 2004, 10:35 PM
🤣 I thought so!
TexasJulie

Dec 15, 2004, 10:36 PM
4 Yes

1 No
ShunAsa

Dec 15, 2004, 10:47 PM
ignore the no, nobody asked him
VZWVan

Dec 16, 2004, 5:02 AM
ignore shunasa, rich made the right call so its over
ShunAsa

Dec 16, 2004, 2:11 PM
hmmmm, ignore people who's opinions you don't agree with, rally to kick out people you don't like...this seems like timetravelbackintothe50'sscoop.com
sammy2

Dec 16, 2004, 5:05 PM
I had not specifically followed any of the postings but from what Rich has stated many of the postings (many removed straight away) were not appropriately written and violated the user agreement. This is very different then agreeing or disagreeing on any specific topic of the forum. For a forum moderator it is important to be consistent in enforcing the agreement and I have not seen Rich do otherwise. I have also seen a great deal of latitude given to posters involving personal comments. Based on that experience I can only assume that this poster crossed the line beyond what had been acceptable practice.

Personally I do not see why the posters can not stick to the technical topics at hand. There is not one topic that I have seen that...
(continues)
PRTHUG

Dec 21, 2004, 10:16 PM
I definitely agree with sammy2's comments. Some people on here just take it too far when it comes to the topics at hand. They feel that it's allright to bash on people who have a different opinion than them, or don't have all of their facts straight. These people need to learn that this is first and foremost, a public forum. It is also an educational forum meant to enhance one's knowledge of the cellphone industry. This is a complex and diverse industry, as well as a highly competitive one. It's ok to have strong opinions of a certain carrier or a certain type of network technology, but don't try to shove your beliefs down other peoples' throats. What Cain did was unacceptable, and he paid the price for it-plain and simple. He may have had v...
(continues)
VZWVan

Dec 22, 2004, 3:18 AM
couldn't agree more. Phonescoops a place to get educated, and its tough to get educated when you got some loudmouth spraying four-letter words around just because you dont agree wit him. rich did the right thing kicking cain through the goalposts. Three points.
VZWVan

Dec 16, 2004, 7:41 PM
yeah and in your previous post you said to ignore my opinion. so i guess you're a hypocrite
ShunAsa

Dec 16, 2004, 9:31 PM
i don't recall saying that...but ok....i haven't talked to you before this exchange and i don't feel the need to know. it's not necessary to go back and forth, so let's agree to disagree on the Cain issue.
Rich Brome

Dec 15, 2004, 10:39 PM
schnozejt said:
Would you let him back in if I get enough people to reply to this post agreeing that Cain should be let back in?

Unfortunately, no.

In moderating, it's important to create standards and stick to them. I can't bend the rules for one person, especially when they crossed the line so blatantly, so often.

If you didn't see any messages from him that you thought would justify my action, well, yes, that's kind of the point... I delete inappropriate messages the moment I become aware of them. So I doubt any one person (other than myself) has seen even half of the inappropriate messages in question.

If for some reason you doubt me, I would be willing to e-mail you examples, but I'm not going ...
(continues)
TexasJulie

Dec 15, 2004, 10:43 PM
😢 Heartbreaking as it is... your reasoning makes sense. It was just sort of handy to have a "Wireless Encyclopedia" at our fingertips.
ShunAsa

Dec 15, 2004, 10:50 PM
You've done your job, as sad as it makes me....however, i (at the risk of labeling myself a "potty-mouth") haven't seen anything as bad as you suggest, just to give me some closure, i would like to see what Cain said that was so bad: shun@iamit.com
TexasJulie

Dec 15, 2004, 11:18 PM
love your email shun! LOL..

I too would like a copy... I mean, I saw him use words I see on Prime Time TV... so I dont really label them "bad". LOL

I think you can click my name for my contact information.
njbigdog_44

Dec 22, 2004, 10:50 PM
Couldnt he just get anthor sign in name..or they made sure they hack into his ip addrs and block it out...I dont know who he is but i guess he abuse somepeople for not agreeing...but cant he jsut get anthr sign in name...?
ShunAsa

Dec 23, 2004, 7:44 PM
hope so 😁
schnozejt

Dec 15, 2004, 11:34 PM
I completely agree with you Rich
Slander

Dec 15, 2004, 11:39 PM
Bravo on sticking to your guns, Rich. You're a good and fair mod.

Did you also ban BlueToOrange22? I haven't seen him spewing hate lately.
speck

Dec 15, 2004, 11:52 PM
Not questioning or arguing your motives and T&C... But to be fair and unbiased... Shouldn't those that were equally spiteful and crude in return to Cain's comments... Sometimes even instigate Cain be banned as well?

To keep things fair...
VZWVan

Dec 15, 2004, 11:59 PM
Huh. I saw a little of the stuff Cain got banned for. no one could instigate someone into saying stuff like that. The guy did it to himself and got booted. That was fair
speck

Dec 16, 2004, 12:10 AM
*shrug*

What's done is done...
LOVELYT11

Mar 27, 2005, 1:35 PM
may i have an copy of cains forums emailed to my email address to see what everyone is talking about. 😉
njbigdog_44

Dec 22, 2004, 10:44 PM
Who is Cain?
ShunAsa

Dec 23, 2004, 4:15 PM
a fallen soldier 😢
PRTHUG

Dec 24, 2004, 11:48 AM
More like a GSM cutthroat dictator who was tried and punished for war crimes.
timslo

Dec 24, 2004, 4:58 PM
I'm all for it. He knows his stuff. Bring him back!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.