Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Question about Device info

carbonbasednerd

Oct 1, 2007, 2:06 PM
Hi. Your contact page doesn't match my question so I am posting it here in hopes of a response.

I work for Third Screen Media and we have a need for keeping an accurate list of mobile devices and their capabilities. Right now we use wurfl(which i think i am just going to stop using because it just doesn't seem that accurate at all) and uaprof to get our device data from but have noticed that they are not always as current as we would like - unlike phone scoop. Do you have anything set up which would let a third party query against your databases and retrieve information?

thanks,
-jay
NoanswersonlyQs

Oct 1, 2007, 6:42 PM
google and um that bar at the top of the screen that says search 👀
carbonbasednerd

Oct 1, 2007, 9:47 PM
I guess i wasn't clear. We want to automate it - not enter all the device info, or search for it manually. When a phone connects to our app and we detect an unknown user agent (at least to our databases) the server will handle the look up through RFC's if possible and retrieve the needed data.
eric Lin

Oct 2, 2007, 1:13 AM
we have many requests for access to this information, and our looking into ways to provide it to interested parties. if you would like to be on our list to be notified when we have something in place, please send us an email. you can plainly see the administrators' first names - eric or rich @phonescoop.com
Rich Brome

Oct 2, 2007, 12:25 PM
Eric gave a good answer.

To sum up, that is a service we plan to provide in the future. You can use the Contact Us form to inquire for more info and be added to the list for news on that. Choose "I have a suggestion for this web site" on the first Contact Us page.

Thanks! 🙂
carbonbasednerd

Oct 2, 2007, 3:20 PM
ok - I sent and email to eric to be added to the list. Thanks again.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.