Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Question for everyone re Sponsors

Rich Brome

Sep 12, 2007, 12:40 PM
How would you guys feel about Phone Scoop accepting sponsors for certain In Depth articles (such as trade shows or holiday gift guides) and/or site features (such as Phone Finder)?

All it would mean is a small "sponsored by" graphic at the top of those pages - nothing more.

It's really just another form of advertising and wouldn't affect our unbiased coverage in any way, but we wouldn't want to imply otherwise for anyone that might visit the site.

Do you think most people understand how sponsorships like that work, or do you think some people might think we've "sold out" or are biased in some way?
cellphoneguy

Sep 12, 2007, 12:51 PM
I think it would be fine if it helps you guys out in anyway! I don't see it as selling out and also i think it would be 50-50 on understanding how the sponsorships work.It would be nice if the major carriers put the ps link on there sites as well 😁
foxiangel5

Sep 14, 2007, 1:32 PM
agreed! anyone who would think you are biased obviously hadn't read ANYTHING on the site yet.

Hey CellphoneGuy!!!!
Gemini

Sep 12, 2007, 2:01 PM
It's no different then having adds up for certain phones and carriers and not others. Go for it.
motodude69

Sep 12, 2007, 2:41 PM
I don't think that it is a "sell out" mind state. I wouldn't appose the idea of sponsors. I say do it to it! Rich, Eric, and Eric, rock out with your c........you get the idea. 😁
ralph_on_me

Sep 12, 2007, 4:06 PM
Most people would get it, but you could always put AD above or below it for the rest who didn't understand.
Rich Brome

Sep 12, 2007, 7:02 PM
It would say "sponsored by" and at the bottom would be something like "click here for our sponsorship policy" or something like that. Do you think that would be sufficient?
Guy Montag

Sep 12, 2007, 8:16 PM
I think a disclaimer would be good for those in doubt.
DeepFryerDan

Sep 13, 2007, 10:08 AM
i agree... that would be fine for most people
nextel18

Sep 12, 2007, 8:32 PM
I think that is a wonderful idea. More sponsors and advertising revenue goes to you in which you can provide more content for users because of the additional resources. I say a win win situation for everyone involved. Go for it.
malibu_377

Sep 13, 2007, 10:36 AM
if it betters the site and is just a little bar on the top i say have at it!!!
Rich Brome

Sep 13, 2007, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I appreciate it.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.