Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 7 replies

All reviews are frustrating

Finicky

Jul 28, 2007, 8:57 PM
😕 I have a simple question to all who are listening. Does anyone else find all of these reviews as frustrating as I do? For as many positive things someone may say about a particular phone, there are just as many negative reviews of that same phone. True, the info some share about features of a phone etc. can be helpful, but overall it all comes down to personal opinion. And as I have always been told, "Opinion's are like armpits, everyone's got one, and they all stink!". I was told about this website by a VZW sales person as a means to make an informed decision about purchasing a new phone. Unfortunately, other than looking up specs about a phone (which I can get from my providers site), I find it almost useless because of the cons...
(continues)
Globhead

Jul 29, 2007, 1:29 AM
Your coffee analogy makes it sound pointless to look at reviews at all, so I don't what you would be expecting.

People come here and write reviews for free. You can't expect all of them to be well-written and thorough. You have to examine each one and give it some mental weighting, keeping in mind that some people say a phone is junk because of one feature, or say it has bad reception when they really have bad service, etc.

But a lot of times you do get a clear difference in total ratings. One phone might have an overall of 1, and another almost 5. This is a big help, assuming there are enough total reviews to be sure.

If you are overwhelmed by large amounts of extremely varied reviews and want some extremely general advice, I f...
(continues)
chkchkchk

Jul 30, 2007, 10:52 AM
Z'actly. It takes a while, but so long as you read through all of the reviews and, for the most part, they agree on a few key things, you should be fine.

If everyone says that the reception on phone X is terrible, but the camera is great, or the keypad on phone Y is just the right size... those are the key things. Everything else is fluff. If the first review hates the camera on a phone and the second person loves it, consider the pro and con to cancel themselves out.
Lapdog

Jul 29, 2007, 11:58 AM
Go find another place for reviews...

Try a Google search, Ask.com, or any other search engine.

This is a place where you get to make a decision based on what people think. Mostly, equipment reviews are, all in all, pretty good.

It's a free internet.
GirlNextDoor

Jul 31, 2007, 5:31 PM
Of course not everyone is going to agree on a phone. That's actually what makes reviews valuable. A good reviewer will list what they are looking for a in a phone, then state whether or not the phone delivered. Because different people look for different things, the key is to read the reviews of people who are looking for the same features as you. Not everyone wants a cell phone to be a cell phone, so if you DO want it to be a phone first and text device last, it doesn't pay to read the review of someone who texts a lot but never talks.
BlondeBombshell

Jul 31, 2007, 11:30 PM
🤣
Finicky

Aug 25, 2007, 9:02 PM
Hi..thanks for taking the time to respond with your views on things. Obviously I'm not on here that often, but I did appreciate reading what you had to say. 🙂 Oh, and by the way..I was looking through some of your past threads etc...and the story about the "Four Mothers" was hilarious..I had never heard that one before..too funny! Have a great day.
eric Lin

Aug 26, 2007, 3:15 PM
if you click the "in-depth" link in the left hand sidebar, you'll find our own reviews of most recent phones. while our reviews do point out both positives and negatives about each phone, we tend not to contradict ourselves! ;-)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.