Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

Another Phonescoop.com feature request

WinHack

Oct 15, 2004, 8:17 PM
This isn't really a major significant feature in and of itself really, but I think it could be helpful nonetheless.

You guys do a great job getting images of the phones--especially those all important angles when you're allowed (and either given the time or the images themselves).

What I would like to request is one additional shot of the phone (like the initial face-forward shot) that has another phone or even a ruler or some identifiable object that could provide people with some context as to how big the phone REALLY is. Yes, I know you do a fantastic job providing measurements on each phone as it is released, but for some people, that just NEVER translates into what the phone looks like size-wise (me being one of them).

To have ...
(continues)
Rich Brome

Oct 15, 2004, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the suggestion.

It's something I've thought about before.

I couldn't simply take a picture of the phone next to something, because the photos are usually supplied by the manufacturer. I do sometimes take my own photos, but not that often.

I could photoshop in some reference object and make it to scale, but unfortunately that would be way too time-consuming for me.

If I did anything like this, it would be automated. That might be possible, but the problem is that I'd need to have a view of each phone straight-on, closed, and I don't always have that. A lot of the closed views are from an angle, which wouldn't be very accurate for an automated size comparison.

But it's definitely something I'll keep in mind. It would ...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.