Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 5 replies

In reference to the new "forum policy"

everman

Mar 22, 2007, 4:30 PM
Did you guys decide to change standards based on complaints or based on a sort of sense of civic responsibility?
I dont understand some of your new policy anyway. It is kind of vague and seems to give you license to delete any thread based on the fact that you just dont like it. Of course, you have that perogative as the creator/moderators of the site anyway, but at least we could see that there was a reason for it based on the terms of this site.
Now it seems more like a slow slide towards fascism based on good intentions than anything truly beneficial to your website.

Personally, threads or posts directed towards me, negative or not, are the reason I frequent this site now. I dont need this site as a cell phone salesman anymore, s...
(continues)
everman

Mar 23, 2007, 7:43 PM
Im sort of looking for a response with this thread.
Rich Brome

Mar 23, 2007, 8:42 PM
The policies haven't changed.

We usually lets things slide a little more in the Lounge forum, but when people take advantage of that and it gets out of hand, sometimes we need to crack down. That's all.
everman

Mar 24, 2007, 7:42 AM
https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »

But I dont think your policies have changed too much.
I think a thread I posted on in shop talk that mentioned Ray Carroll (Who is this Guy????? I keep hearing all this crap about him, but I have yet to see why his name makes it into so many threads) was deleted, and it may be because I said he was overrated.
Seriously?? I dont understand the need for SOME of the deletions. Yeah, delete racist threads and kill the users accounts, but most of us are adults, and some of us even try to act like it, but adults disagree too, and sometimes the word idiot has to be used.
Look, I know that the forums really shouldnt merit this much of your attention, so Im sorry you have t...
(continues)
captainplooky

Mar 24, 2007, 9:30 AM

yeah, so I guess there no easy solution except to ban plooky. 😈

🤣

There is no reason to ban me, they have secured my obedience with a Motorola Q... at least until I move and change my name 😁
not2brite

Mar 24, 2007, 10:20 AM
King of the PS Borg!

Long live the King!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.