Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Gravatar 2.0

muchdrama

Feb 27, 2007, 3:24 PM
Since Gravatar is back up and running, anybody having trouble posting an avatar on phonescoop?

For some reason, after opening a new account with Gravatar (the first Gravatar.com was a mess), my avatar will not post to phonescoop for some odd reason. Can't figure it out, either...my email address is the same for both sites, so I should be having no problems.
J0hnnyM

Feb 27, 2007, 3:36 PM
I have the same problem.

I even used a new email address and changed the email address associated with phonescoop.com and no avatar shows up.
deeterman

Feb 27, 2007, 3:41 PM
same here I have done everything I am supposed to do but it does not show up
J0hnnyM

Feb 27, 2007, 3:45 PM
Now no one gets to see my crazy eye!
muchdrama

Feb 27, 2007, 3:49 PM
J0hnnyM said:
Now no one gets to see my crazy eye!

Oh, that's creepy. My avatar's an evil eye, too.

Twilight Zone.
J0hnnyM

Feb 27, 2007, 5:39 PM
Mine is Johnny the Homicidal Maniac.
muchdrama

Feb 27, 2007, 3:48 PM
J0hnnyM said:
I have the same problem.

I even used a new email address and changed the email address associated with phonescoop.com and no avatar shows up.

I'm not sure if this could be the culprit...but has anyone noticed that when you type in "Gravatar.com" into your address bar, it automatically redirects you to "site.gravatar.com". I wonder if THAT's throwing things off.
everman

Feb 27, 2007, 3:58 PM
Clearly phonescoop isnt allowing the presence of Sauron into its realm.
muchdrama

Feb 27, 2007, 4:22 PM
everman said:
Clearly phonescoop isnt allowing the presence of Sauron into its realm.

Clearly.

Although the fact that we're talking about this makes us giant dorks.
Rich Brome

Feb 27, 2007, 5:59 PM
Reading the comments of the Gravatar Blog, it's clear that the "new" Gravatar service isn't working correctly yet, and the person who runs it is only working on it part-time (or not at all at the moment).

If it were trivial to do avatars on our own, we would do it, but it's not. Unfortunately, the options for us are Gravatar or no avatars at all.

Until the Gravatar service is fixed, I recommend:
  1. If you have a working avatar already, keep it and do not change it. Changing your avatar may cause it to stop working.
  2. Do not pay money for the "Gravatar Premium" service. I hate to make that recommendation for what is - in theory - a great service, but at the moment it's broken and it's not clear that fixing it is even priorit
(continues)
muchdrama

Feb 27, 2007, 7:10 PM
Rich Brome said:
Reading the comments of the Gravatar Blog, it's clear that the "new" Gravatar service isn't working correctly yet, and the person who runs it is only working on it part-time (or not at all at the moment).

If it were trivial to do avatars on our own, we would do it, but it's not. Unfortunately, the options for us are Gravatar or no avatars at all.

1. If you have a working avatar already, keep it and do not change it. Changing your avatar may cause it to stop working.
  2. Do not pay money for the "Gravatar Premium" service. I hate to make that recommendation for what is - in theory - a great service, but at the moment it's broken and it's not
(continues)
muchdrama

Mar 2, 2007, 1:27 PM
Rich Brome said:

2. Do not pay money for the "Gravatar Premium" service. I hate to make that recommendation for what is - in theory - a great service, but at the moment it's broken and it's not
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.