Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Linux...

Xadiohead

Mar 21, 2008, 4:04 PM
Does anyone know how to acctually get Linux from a download.
honeysuckle03

Mar 21, 2008, 8:08 PM
i got the same call..

i have no idea..
sjestus

Mar 21, 2008, 9:05 PM
look up Ubuntu through google, it should be the first site that pops up. They'll have links for the Linux images you can burn to CD and then install like you would windows. Ubuntu is pretty cool for new linux users. very friendly, and FREE 🙂
suncomunist

Mar 22, 2008, 2:16 PM
You can also order cds for free at their website shipit.ubuntu.com, you can also check other distros at distrowatch.com, almost all linux distros offer free downloads at their website, just gotta find the one that fits you.

If you're new to linux Ubuntu would be the best choice, I've been using it for 3 years now.
Saint.Patrick

Mar 22, 2008, 5:40 PM
Another good Linux distribution for someone who have been a Windows OS user and is just starting out with Linus for the first time is Lindows. I would recommend either Red Hat or Mandrake distributions of Linus for those who are experienced with the OS.
suncomunist

Mar 22, 2008, 6:35 PM
Actually Red Hat is now an enterprise distro which costs money, the free project is now named Fedora. As for Mandrake I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, there are much better distros like opensuse, slackware, etc.

ps Lindows is horrible and it costs money, go Ubuntu.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.