http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?ff=2&fp=367

Home  ›  Forums  ›

General

Page 1...364365366 367 368

You must log in to post.

deejayk

Nov 24, 2003, 6:26 PM

GSM unlocking

I've got a Motorola v60i which was used on the Cingular system. I believe the phone is "locked" to Cingular, but am not certain as I am not the original owner. I'd like to take the phone with me to Australia next month to use on a prepaid system, so I've got a couple of questions:

1) Is there a way that I can confirm that the phone is locked?

2) Assuming the phone is locked how do I go about unlocking it? Through a Google search, I've found several websites that promise to perform this service. Are any of them reputable?

3) How can I confirm that the phone has been unlocked? It would be nice to know this before I get over to Australia.

4) What are the legal issues involved in unlocking?

Any help will be greatly appreciate...
(continues)
1 reply
SKiPDoG

Nov 26, 2003, 4:15 AM

Web browser

I came across something interesting today, my wireless carrier is a local carrier here in northern California that offers unlimited wireless (SureWest Wireless), I have a Kyocera 2325 CDMA phone and two of my friends have Motorola T720 phones, My carrier DOES NOT offer wireless web but stated in the past they are working on it, we are offered something called "Data Connectivity" which allows us to connect our phones to a laptop and use as a wireless modem, both of my friend pay for the data connectivity, one of them bought his T720 used from our carrer and there was an IP address setup in the Uplink.A setting in the browser and a port # of 9202, the IP address resolves to a DSL IP in Canada but when they open thier browsers on the phones it ...
(continues)
2 replies
Dennis72

Nov 24, 2003, 11:15 PM

problems hanging on to a signal

Our home location has marginal antenna reception. I am looking for phone models which will hang on to the signal.
3 replies
Damion

Nov 24, 2003, 10:11 PM

What would be sacrificed by using a phone like the Motorolla A920 in the U.S.?

If it's GSM shouldn't it work just fine on all the U.S. GSM networks? Does it fail in things like internet connections or some other high technology feature?
Damion

Nov 24, 2003, 7:21 PM

Are there plans that offer good international rates yet still competitive domestic rates?

I want to get 3 phones but only one of which will be used in europe a lot. I know there are savings to getting just one plan but does the different usage patterns demand at least 2 different plans?

AD       discussions continues below...

Damion

Nov 24, 2003, 7:15 PM

Is there a web site that allows easy comparison of GSM carriers?

One that shows differences in coverage? Quality of antenna distribution within said covered areas? Different pricing plans?
PixToPix

Nov 24, 2003, 2:43 AM

Picture messages between different providers

PixToPix.com is looking for a few beta testers, to get AT&T, Cingular, Nextel, and T-Mobile support working.

We already have picture messenging between Sprint and Verizon working.

http://www.pixtopix.com/ »

Thanks in advance to those of you who can help out!
signalcker

Nov 23, 2003, 7:15 PM

Just Created a New Forum !!!

Howdy, I'm ready to switch providers after Monday. I'd like to find out your views on all the providers out there. Help me out and head over to http://www.phonesignal.com and talk about your specific providers, especially the signal strengh around your areas. I travel frequently around the US and would like to stick with a good provider.

Thanks,

Very Happy
cK-Snipe

Nov 22, 2003, 9:07 PM

Smartphone: Motorola MPx200, Mitac Mio 8380, or Sendo X?

I am getting a new service sometime in the near future(by december) I am trying to figure out what phone to get. The camera on the mio 8380 is tempting, but ive heard things about it's unstability. Size is not a problem and the mp3 and VIDEO playback is what attracts me most. What do you guys think? (Sendo X isnt out yet, but it seems to be the best -- a combination of both.)
Big Daddy

Nov 21, 2003, 9:21 AM

PURCHASE MOTOROLA... NOT

do not buy motorola no matter what service provider you have.
2 replies
pjones2

Nov 21, 2003, 3:42 PM

swapping sim cards

Can i use my sim card from my nokia 3560 from at&t in a sony ericsson p900 i plan to but when thye're available in the us?
QueenCity

Nov 21, 2003, 12:15 PM

Treo 600 & AT & T

Does anyone know when AT&T will introduce this phone to their line-up? Can't wait to try it out.
2 replies
nicks5522

Nov 18, 2003, 2:54 PM

SHOULD I WAIT FOR V810 BY VERIZON OR GET A PHONE THEY HAVE OUT NOW

QUESTION LIKE THE V810 THAT SUPPOSED TO COMEOUT FIRST QUARTER '04....BUT HATE MY NEXTEL THAT I HAVE NO PLN ENDS DEC.17TH AND IM WANDERING IS WORTH THE WAIT FOR THE V810...OR SHOULD I JUST BUY A PHONE THEY HAVE ON THE MARKET NOW?

WHATS THERE BEST TR-MODE PHONE THEY HAVE NOW?
15 replies
McG

Nov 16, 2003, 12:50 AM

Activating Unlocked Phones

I was just wondering. Do you think if a customer activated an unlocked phone, of any kind, on their service they would lock it so its their phone? Or can they? Do they have the right to do that. Or can they just say they wont activate it. Cause obviously companies don't like unlocked phones. And yes people can argue that its just one phone and they wont care. But then what if your the one person the company makes an example out of and fines for $100,000 and 5 yrs in jail or something like that. Anyone ever been refused to activate a phone that was unlocked?
4 replies
DSM4Life

Nov 20, 2003, 10:24 AM

Phone reviews

I havent been to the site in a while and just saw the new look. Looks nice but when i look up a phone theres no review under it from other users ?!??!?! am i missing something ?
2 replies
Big Daddy

Nov 15, 2003, 12:04 PM

Wav Tones

Does anyone know how to send wav files to a cell phone ( Nokia 3650 ) to use them as ringtones?
1 reply
r.carpio

Nov 15, 2003, 9:41 PM

selling mitac 8380

i need to sell my mitac 8380. i am used to having a small phone, and the mitac is larger than i would like. i love the windows operating system and will stick with a smartphone but will get a smaller one. i have had the phone for only three days, and am willing to sell it for the same price that bought it for, 450 usd. please contact me with questions or interest.
the package includes all original items
two batteries
usb cable
leather case
64mb memory card
hands free kit
curious shopper

Nov 14, 2003, 8:00 PM

San Francisco service?

Has anyone done a comparison of the different providers in the SF Bay Area for quality and extent of signal coverage? Is the signal reception better with a GSM phone than with my current Nokia 3360?
Cris

Nov 14, 2003, 3:04 PM

Need some help

I have ATT multi band service using a Siemens S46. The S46 only uses the digital part of TDMA. I am in Colorado and need a phone that will allow me to go analog when needed. ATT offers a Sony phone that does both but you can't manually set it to TDMA only. It drops calls takes an hour to search for networks etc. I am looking or a backup phone I can drop in my sim card and use as a TDMA only phone when needed. Any advise is appreciated.
I guess I am looking for a TDMA phone that is unlocked that uses a sim card. Any advise is appreciated.
1 reply
rdm_24

Nov 14, 2003, 2:08 PM

Anybody had any experience w/the lock\line ins. company?

Looking to hear your responses.
Page 1...364365366 367 368

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2017 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.

This is a preview. Click for full glossary page.