See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?ff=2&fp=365

Home  ›  Forums  ›

General

You must log in to post.

kboro

Dec 26, 2003, 10:30 PM

i need help deciding which phone to get!!!! :roll:

hi readers, i am in a cycle of confusion. i have read everything about the nextel i95 and the nextel i730
but now I need your help. I am pondering which of the two to get.
PLEASE post and tell me your thoughts about both and/or which one to get

thank you Very Happy
13 replies
magus

Dec 24, 2003, 9:32 PM

help with new phone/plan selection!

hi, I'm trying to decide if i should get a new phone/plan or wait until 1st quarter of 2004.
3 replies
Jeff_Williams

Dec 23, 2003, 3:25 AM

Speaker phone

Does anyone know which phone AT&T Wireless sells has the best speaker in terms of loudness and voice quality.
1 reply
MrPhoneScooper

Dec 25, 2003, 6:20 PM

V300 or E715

I want a cool phone with nice features.The E715 doesn't have speaker phone but has a real good camera so i hear.The V300 also has a camera and speakerphone, a plus for me, but my friend said motorola phones fall apart.
What phone do you think i should get?
1 reply
GSMphone

Dec 27, 2003, 11:54 AM

Dobson Communications - GSM

Does any one know anything about Dobson's GSM service? Can't find anything on their website. Shocked

AD       discussions continues below...

Big Poppa

Dec 24, 2003, 6:39 PM

Think the SE T608 is 1st CDMA phone with Bluetooth, Think Again!

The SE T608 is NOT the FIRST CDMA phone to support Bluetooth. Actually the Motorola 270c Timeport from Verizon Wireless was the first CDMA phone to support bluetooth.. So all you VZW customers that WANT a Verizon phone with Bluetooth, can probably find it on Ebay or something... The only downside is that it is 2G not 3G so you connection speed will be limited to 14.4kbps.. but hey that is good enough to check email and such.. just not real good for surfing the web.
2 replies
vpaultimko

Dec 4, 2003, 4:38 PM

Car Phone Kits Integrated with Car Audio?

I would like some assistance in my quest to install a truly integrated car phone kit in my 2000 Infiniti Q45. I want it to integrate with my current car speakers.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I determine if it is even possible and then how to go about it after that?

I have been offered an option that uses a car kit speaker and mutes the car speakers, but I want the sound to come through the car speakers. Am I asking too much if it is not already part of the car's design?

Thanks
Paul
4 replies
abellaboy

Dec 15, 2003, 10:36 PM

Motorola V600 release Q1 2004????

I know this sounds stupid but could someone breakdown the time period for the quarters? I'm anxiously waiting for the Motorola V600 and people are saying the release is going to be during Q1. Well, I can understand January, but does Q1 also mean the phone could be released in Feb and March, or is there a good chance it would be in Jan. Also the Motorola website says First Half 2004. When do you think the phone will be available in the US?
1 reply
expiditer

Dec 23, 2003, 4:51 PM

Large number display ??

I need a phone where the incoming called ID # is displayed in LARGE numbers for someone who needs reading glasses to see without using the glasses just to answer the phone. Any help ??
Thanks
1 reply
moobak

Dec 22, 2003, 11:05 PM

Merry Christmas!

Just wanna wish everyone a great holiday season, and a very merry Chrismas!
1 reply
AA55US

Dec 4, 2003, 1:23 PM

just curious plz,about cell phones

hello all,Plz maybe someone can give me some stra88 answers,
situation
useing a cingluar NOKIA 3360, works ok,but do not like the 'smallness'of the phone in past used a GTE NOKIA 5165, with external antenna, and like the feel,viewing,size of this phone, but no longer available from cingular,
Question
i am under the impression that a phone with external antenna would give out & recieve a better signal, would this be correct??
am thinking of trying to buy a cingular use nokia 5165 off of ebay. any suggestions appreciated, "take care ok, "AA"
5 replies
aalwings

Nov 28, 2003, 6:58 PM

using cell phone to connect to internet

Hi,
I am using my Samsung N400 (Sprint PCS) cell to connect my desktop to the Internet. Web sites download much faster than my dial-up. However,
when I try to connect to Sabre (AAL website for flight attendants) it won't connect. Sabre uses a Citrix ICA 32 bit client connection. My cell can't handle this. Is there some type of software available to correct this problem? Thank you.
1 reply
nicks5522

Dec 11, 2003, 4:54 PM

Is the new vzr audiovox 8900 worth it

Contract ends on the 17th wit nextel switching to vzr on the 17th with lnp.....the phone i was planning on getting is the samsung sch a530 but today i see this new phone is it better than the 530 and is it worth buying

does it have a flash
and are audiovox phones reliable i need some info thanx
2 replies
thatphoneplace

Dec 10, 2003, 4:52 PM

liberty wireless lg1010

Does Liberty Wireless have the worst customer service ever? I get back 6 out of ten phones I sell. When these phones "jump out of service" what can I do about it? Does the customer always need a new phone?
1 reply
jpg

Dec 16, 2003, 3:46 PM

FutureDial SnapSync/Dialer

Do not waste your money on the software made by FutureDial that transfers phone numbers from the phone to a pc and back into a phone.
It stinks in everyway. Should have known better as Radio Shack had it on sale. Radio Shack usually carries crappy products anyway and the sale items are really bad. Naturally, the manufacturer will do nothing and Radio Shack will do nothing. So, I am out $29.99 but I will never buy another product from Radio Shack. Their customer service even admitted to me that the product is not up to par since it is new to the market place. Duh! Then why carry it and why would they not give me a credit to keep a customer happy.
2 replies
fonefact

Dec 17, 2003, 5:57 PM

Port times

just some fyi awe portins take 30 min.....as for other tsi users still 2.5hours minimum and for tmobile 24 hours

UNLESS YOU WORK IN THIS AREA(NOT RADIOSHACK) DONT REPLY YOU DONT KNOW NPAC FROM SOA.....if u can define these terms ill give a shot to challenge my messages, btw my proof that some of you aksed for I work closely in this area not a rep or a salesmen who initiates the port req. but on the tech side, manuel intervention and commuication errors....kinda like vz taking 30k numbers of people who wanted to stay from what i hear vz has to pay us $150 per line so we can reinimburse the customers, since the accounts that are port outs cant be reinstated vz has to pay for the new accouts....FCC thank you!
intoler8

Dec 17, 2003, 2:35 PM

Sanyo SCP-5500 Colors

In addtion to the blue version, I have heard they will also release a charcaol and grey colored model as well. Has anyone heard this or have any pictures they can share? Thanks
CHIP

Dec 16, 2003, 10:23 PM

Samsung- i700

I am looking for a sleeve or case for my Samsung I700 phone. I do not care for the case that comes with this phone. I am looking for a case/ sleeve to protect the face, but also fit in my front pocket.
Thanks!
Varangian

Dec 12, 2003, 6:40 PM

PLEASE help me understand

Can I get any CDMA phone and expect it to work on the Verizon wireless network?

for ex: the Treo 600 is CDMA but is offered by Sprint. Would it work with Verizon Wireless since Verizon Woreless is CDMA?

I realize there is a GSM version of the Treo 600 as well.

Thank you.
10 replies
maricel504

Dec 5, 2003, 11:52 PM

A few ?'s... please advise...

I've been w/ Sprint for over 5 yrs now, and I didn't renew my contract w/ them (now m-t-m) because I've been experiencing a lot of dropped calls since I hooked up a wireless internet modem at home. Anyways, I'm contemplating switching to ATT, so I have a few concerns:

1. Is ATT any better than Sprint? How are their services?

2. How are the phones? Particularly, the NEC T616 and Nokia 3650. Any ratings and/or reviews.

Anything will help. I have to make a decision tonight since ATT has some killer online deals.

Also, I'm in the Bay Area of CA.
6 replies

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2017 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.

This is a preview. Click for full glossary page.