Home  ›  Forums  ›

You must log in to post.

Big Poppa

Dec 31, 2003, 6:25 PM

Some more info on LNP complaints

LNP complaints to FCC triple in last half of month

by Emily Motsay
Dec. 30, 2003 1:30 PM EST

The Federal Communications Commission said it received 2,394 informal consumer complaints targeted at wireless carriers from Nov. 24 through Dec. 24, which marked the first month of wireless local number portability. Complaints almost tripled in the latter two weeks of the month, or since Dec. 8 when the FCC reported approximately 600 complaints had been issued.

Most of the complaints concerned delays in porting numbers between wireless carriers, with less than 5 percent of total complaints directed at delays in porting numbers from wireline to wireless carriers. AT&T Wireless Services Inc. was involved in 1,221 complaints, followed by Spr...
22 replies

Jan 5, 2004, 11:02 PM

How many of you customers here think you can....

do our job's as CSR's? I mean think about it. You might think it easy, and it is after you have some experience. But think of all the verbal abuse you yourself have put on any CSR for any company and multiply that. A lot of calls are no brainers and easy. A lot make me want to take it out on customers. Customers always calling in and saying "I didnt use my phone for 1 week because i was on vacation, how are you going to compensate me" BELIEVE IT OR NOT I HAD A CALL LIKE THAT!!! So you think you can take all the verbal abuse we do. Personally i have been at it for 1.5 yrs now so i've been called a lot of things. Helping 1 customer greatly really wipes a lot of that away but c'mon customers. Step up. Woo kind of disorganized but i htink i got ...
1 replies

Jan 7, 2004, 8:54 AM

Hands-free in DC (FYI)

The Washington, DC City Council past the sencond law in the nation prohibiting people from using a handheld cellphone while in DC. The law has yet to be signed into law by the Mayor, but if and when it is signed, it will go into effect on June 1, 2004. They say that the first time you are caught you can get out of the fine if you submit a receipt saying that you have purchased a hands-free device (headset or speakerphone) for your phone.

Jan 7, 2004, 1:54 AM

7200 nokia(new fasion phone)

does any one here know if nokia is going to make the 7200 available in GSM 1900 or not and the price of this phone !?
there is not enough information on any web site!!

Jan 5, 2004, 1:31 AM

GPS for E-911 and TDMA/GSM issues

For many years, I've been happy with a nice reliable Nokia on the Sprint PCS network in the Northern Virginia area. Alas, my phone appears to have become possessed and I'm forced to get a new phone and carrier.

I've finally figured out that I'm best served by an AT&T local calling plan, so now it's just the phone selection that's making my head spin. I pretty much use the phone only for basic calls in the Northern VA area, with occasional forays to Maryland/DC and New England, and really could not care less about all the bells and whistles like camera, games, colored screens, email, etc. Most of my life is spent carpooling kids around, so I need a reliable phone to be able to use when I'm running late, in an emergency, etc.

So I thi...
1 replies

AD       more discussions below...

Jan 5, 2004, 3:25 PM

Toshiba/AudioVox 9500 Camera Add on

I bought this phone thru Alltel a year ago under the impression that there was going to be a camera attatchment. I love this phone and I just hate to think to spend another few Hundred $$ to buy another phone. Please help if you can.

Dec 14, 2003, 1:11 AM

AT&T Wireless rises above the industry standard.

Its been said by many media and news services that AT&T wireless had a substandard porting system. Friday (2days ago) boasted a 98% success(on Port request submitted with proper info. like authorized user name and correct billing add.) rate compared to other top 6 carrirs, AWE tops them all. As well as gaining ground on a seperate glitch that plauged a software launch on NOV. 2-the system that supported the GSM/GPRS side of the activations.One Major thing you did NOT hear is that Sprint pcs has a system glitch that arose last week in spurts that didnt allow it to see or respond to requests, its been progressing as a Major problem for them, T-mobile has a similar problem only they can prosess most single ports, however multi requests and resp...
59 replies

Jan 3, 2004, 12:14 AM

Please help...

Rolling Eyes
I have had service with sprint, nextel, & verizon. - Currently I am debating wheather I should get the verizon v60p and go with their version of direct connect or should I leave verizon, and go back to nextel and get the motorola I730? - The thing is, that verizon phone service has been really good to me, but I want the ability to have a walkie/talkie feature. - When I had nextel the phone service component basically sucked for the most part, while the W/T feature was great so long as you could get a free line. - If this makes any sense could you please try to give me some guidance on the matter? - Please send email response to: - Let me know your thoughts and give me any comparison info. that you can. - Than...
3 replies

Jan 1, 2004, 11:37 PM

CDM8900 Audiovox Cell phone

Just bought a CDM8900 Audiovox Cell phone few days ago. When I go to send a picture to an
e-mail address or cell phone number this message appears
"Network Authenication Failed". Can anyone please give me some input on how to reslove? The manual has no troubleshooting section.
Thank You!
5 replies

Dec 16, 2003, 8:12 PM

Just need a phone I can trust

A cell phone is more than a convenience for us, it is a piece of safety equipment. We are currently using Sanyo 5300 phones on Sprint.

We have always experienced a problem with the receive signal strength going from max to zero and calls dropping. This happen even when we are standing still. We have downloaded the new PRL lists until we are blue in the face but it has no effect on the problem.

On a recent dive trip I was trying to make a call with the usual bad results (thank God it was not an emergency) when I looked over and saw my sons girlfriend busy chatting away on her cell phone. I ran over and asked who her carrier was, she said "Sprint." I stood right next to her and tried again to make my call but all I got was "No servi...
6 replies

Dec 31, 2003, 10:53 AM

SE p800 vs. Treo 600

Can't decide which one to get. which one is better? Please help!!

Dec 28, 2003, 10:24 PM

question about the i730

the i730 has speaker phone in the back. is that just where the incoming voice comes from and you talk into the front? ~or~ do u listen in the back and also talk in the back too?

please post, it would REALLY help me out Cool

Dec 26, 2003, 10:30 PM

i need help deciding which phone to get!!!! :roll:

hi readers, i am in a cycle of confusion. i have read everything about the nextel i95 and the nextel i730
but now I need your help. I am pondering which of the two to get.
PLEASE post and tell me your thoughts about both and/or which one to get

thank you Very Happy
13 replies

Dec 24, 2003, 9:32 PM

help with new phone/plan selection!

hi, I'm trying to decide if i should get a new phone/plan or wait until 1st quarter of 2004.
3 replies

Dec 23, 2003, 3:25 AM

Speaker phone

Does anyone know which phone AT&T Wireless sells has the best speaker in terms of loudness and voice quality.
1 replies

Dec 25, 2003, 6:20 PM

V300 or E715

I want a cool phone with nice features.The E715 doesn't have speaker phone but has a real good camera so i hear.The V300 also has a camera and speakerphone, a plus for me, but my friend said motorola phones fall apart.
What phone do you think i should get?
1 replies

Dec 27, 2003, 11:54 AM

Dobson Communications - GSM

Does any one know anything about Dobson's GSM service? Can't find anything on their website. Shocked
Big Poppa

Dec 24, 2003, 6:39 PM

Think the SE T608 is 1st CDMA phone with Bluetooth, Think Again!

The SE T608 is NOT the FIRST CDMA phone to support Bluetooth. Actually the Motorola 270c Timeport from Verizon Wireless was the first CDMA phone to support bluetooth.. So all you VZW customers that WANT a Verizon phone with Bluetooth, can probably find it on Ebay or something... The only downside is that it is 2G not 3G so you connection speed will be limited to 14.4kbps.. but hey that is good enough to check email and such.. just not real good for surfing the web.
2 replies

Dec 4, 2003, 4:38 PM

Car Phone Kits Integrated with Car Audio?

I would like some assistance in my quest to install a truly integrated car phone kit in my 2000 Infiniti Q45. I want it to integrate with my current car speakers.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I determine if it is even possible and then how to go about it after that?

I have been offered an option that uses a car kit speaker and mutes the car speakers, but I want the sound to come through the car speakers. Am I asking too much if it is not already part of the car's design?

4 replies

Dec 15, 2003, 10:36 PM

Motorola V600 release Q1 2004????

I know this sounds stupid but could someone breakdown the time period for the quarters? I'm anxiously waiting for the Motorola V600 and people are saying the release is going to be during Q1. Well, I can understand January, but does Q1 also mean the phone could be released in Feb and March, or is there a good chance it would be in Jan. Also the Motorola website says First Half 2004. When do you think the phone will be available in the US?
1 replies

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2015 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.