Home  ›  Forums  ›

You must log in to post.

Big Poppa

Jan 14, 2004, 7:58 PM

Some good news from Verizon

Verizon converts Phone Marts, enhances S.D. coverage

by Dan Meyer
Jan. 14, 2004 1:18 PM EST

Verizon Wireless reported customers can now pay their wireless bills and establish new or add advanced Verizon services at 76 Verizon Plus retail locations located in 16 states. The carrier noted the new locations are in addition to the 1,200 Verizon Wireless company-owned stores.

The Verizon Plus outlets, which were formally known as Phone Marts, include locations in California, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia and Washington.

Verizon Wireless also announced it had invested $27 million last year into its South D...
Big Poppa

Jan 14, 2004, 7:47 PM

Bad new for customers of South Dakota

Taken from

Breaking News

Verizon Wireless S.D. tax suit thrown out

Jan. 14, 2004 1:43 PM EST

WASHINGTON—A South Dakota judge granted a state request to throw out a suit filed by Verizon Wireless that challenged a new tax on mobile-phone companies.

Circuit Court Judge Lori Wilbur issued her ruling from the bench last Tuesday. The 4-percent tax on gross receipts, passed last March, is designed to help balance the state budget.

Verizon Wireless, the nation’s No. 1 mobile-phone operator, and other cell-phone operators are facing similar taxes as financially strapped states look for revenue to erase budget deficits.

Basically South Dakota is going to require a 4% tax on gross reciepts from ...
1 replies
Big Daddy

Jan 9, 2004, 8:44 AM

20 replies

Jan 14, 2004, 6:47 PM

Bluetooth Operation Clarification

If I am to understand it correctly, if one uses a T3 with Bluetooth, together with a cell-Bluetooth telephone one can connect to the internet and then have the web pages appear in the T3 for viewing and manipulation. In other words, is the telephone providing the connection and the T3 the interface?

As I have not found an acceptable Palm/telephone, I may go this route, or wait a few long months to see if what I want comes out. I am not partial to the present crop of Palm/telephones. I do not like the clutter of a keyboard, and the Samsung 500 works only on Sprint, has old Palm software, and has no memory card slot. The others are too big. The Samsung 600 would be ideal, except that it has MS software, not Palm.

Jan 14, 2004, 3:03 PM

Samsung A310

Can anybody tell me if the Samsung SCH-A310 is bluetooth capable? I have an Axim hand held that needs to get on the internet and thought the phone would be a good place to start.
1 replies

AD       more discussions below...

Jan 13, 2004, 6:20 PM

External antenna

Looking for a source for a residential roof mounted antenna to improve cell reception. Can anyone help?
1 replies

Jan 13, 2004, 3:01 PM

I think it absolutely b.s that the U.S government is allowing MCI/WorldCom to bid on work for them. This is the same company that has devastated thousands of employees and investors. It seems unfair that a company can claim bankruptcy, get there debt wiped clean, then compete with companies that have not claimed bankruptcy with millions in debt. MCI should have been split up . The reason that the U.S govt. turns a blind eye is because MCI provides much of there data and phone service. The pentagon uses them almost exclusively. MCI 's biggest customer is the US govt. MCI/Worldcomm also operates Skytel which provides paging and a cellular phone service for military and government in Iraq.

Jan 10, 2004, 2:20 PM

Phones that PC sync?

I need a phone that will sync with my MS Outlook and automatically alert me for appointments, meetings, etc. without my having to manually setup alerts.

Is there one out there that does this but isn't a $500 PDA? I don't need a full-blown PDA -just this one feature.

1 replies

Jan 11, 2004, 3:21 PM

does anyone know.......

y was the 195cl by nextel discontinued?

Jan 11, 2004, 12:30 PM

PLEASE help..thanx

I just bought the motorola V400(cingular) i put my t-mobile sim card in it and it works as far as calling ppl. But i cant connect when i try to download ringers or wallpapers, and i cant send an image to anyone. Can i not send an image or download because im trying to connect to cingular with a t-mobile card?
And if so will "unlocking" the phone fix that?

Jan 5, 2004, 8:50 PM

Does anyone kno if the moyorola V300 has megatones? please help
1 replies

Dec 29, 2003, 12:24 PM

who's got the best family plan?

need advice on which cell providers have best family plan. I really want to know which provider out there offers reasonably short contract, good selections of cell phone and are not too pricey. Thanks in advance.
11 replies

Jan 9, 2004, 2:32 AM

looking 4 a new phone and need help!!!

i'm looking for a bluetooth and weather proof and camera phone who do you think has it!?
2 replies

Jan 8, 2004, 10:00 PM

does anyone know why nextel discontinued the i95? it was a pretty good phone, it wasnt old or anything, its kind of confusing.

1 replies

Jan 9, 2004, 4:56 PM

E715 picture ID, etc.?

I was just wondering is there anyone out there that has the E715 that can tell me if it has picture ID or any other mistaken things phonescoop might have wrong.
1 replies

Jan 8, 2004, 4:11 PM

Which mobile company has the best Customer Service?

I've had Sprint, Verizon and T-Mobile and I would have to say its T-Mobile with Verizon in a close 2nd.

3 replies

Jan 8, 2004, 3:25 PM

How many companies work indoors?

I know Verizon does, and T-Mobile does as long as it's a building built after the 1950's. Any other companies?

Twisted Evil
4 replies

Nov 17, 2003, 8:02 PM

Verizon Service

We just signed up with Verizon. We are experiencing trouble with an echo/delay on our phones. The first phone was a LG VX4400, liked the phone but the echo and delay were really bad sometimes. Now we are using a Motorola T730, it seems better but I don't really like the phone.

Does anyone know if the problem is with Verizon or with the phone? And do you have any suggestions on which phone is best? Thanks
5 replies

Jan 8, 2004, 1:14 PM

Anyone know how to create a WAP site?

I am looking to create a WAP site where users can download Rings, Pictures and Games like or, etc. Why question is, how do I create a WAP enabled directory on my website? Do I need any special software? Also, anyone know of any good MegaTone/Ringtone Software? For monophonic and Polyphonic Ringtones?

AiM: MaTrIxMiKeY

Jan 7, 2004, 6:44 PM

NEXTEL users? i gotta question

any nextel users in the house?

please tell me what you think bout your service and/or the new i730... i am thinking bout getting this phone OR waiting for the new v600 by attws

thanx a lot
1 replies

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2015 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.