See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?ff=2&fp=362

Home  ›  Forums  ›

General

You must log in to post.

kboro

Jan 25, 2004, 5:41 PM

HEY LOOK HERE!

does anyone know any info about nextel coming out with new phones soon?

ty
term182

Jan 22, 2004, 11:43 AM

Moving out of town-Charges or fees?

My contract is up with Cingular and I'm thinking about a new contract to get a new and better phone. I may be relocating to another city in the next 3 to 4 months and would like to hear from other what fees or problems they've had with other carriers.

Cingular says no problem if I sign the new contract and want to move later, just pay a new setup fee if I move to an area where they have coverage.

Any other carriers that have caused you problems?
8 replies
cbrstyles

Jan 24, 2004, 5:50 PM

motorola v810

anyone have the release date or at least what month the motorola v810 for verizon is coming out????? Smile
1 replies
ejlee54

Jan 24, 2004, 1:12 PM

Samsung SGH-D415

i was just wondering when this latest model of the samsung sgh-d415 was going to go on the market to be bought???? and also the tenative price range with a contract??? please reply and inform me.........
MATRIXMIKEY

Jan 9, 2004, 6:07 PM

Authorized/Indirect Dealers VS Direct Dealers

There's a lot of bad blood here.

Basically Indirect or Authorized Deales can offer better prices on phones and the questionable "monthly rate plan rebates", etc.

Direct Dealers on the other hand can't offer Indirect Discounts dollar for dollar but can offer more account security, less chance of a shady deal, and better long term care.

Being on the direct side, It's frustating to lose sales AND end up with the grief of a pissed off customer because they didn't get what the dealer ofered. Basically if the customer had come to a direct in the first place we would have the sale and a happy customer.

But being an adult I know there are other factors invloved and that all Indiects can't be bad. What are your thoughts on this topic?
7 replies

AD       more discussions below...

MATRIXMIKEY

Jan 23, 2004, 1:55 PM

Goodbye ATT Wireless, Hello Cingular!

Looks like ATTWS is not long for this world....they are up for sale....the business world is pointing at Cingular as the potential winning buyer making them the number one wireless carrier (customer base wise). What do you guys think?
3 replies
USFHETT03

Jan 21, 2004, 2:12 PM

Deposits

Alright, I know every company is represented here by reps, so I want to know what every carriers deposits range from and what is the most popular. Since I work for Sprint, I will start. Sprint has two deposits, $125 and $250. To get the $250, you must have really really bad credit, or haved owed Sprint in the past. I know Sprint's is probably the lowest, thats why I get alot of scums and dirtbags that say other companies won't give them credit.

P.S. Lets please keep the responses clean and not start a flamewar about who is the best. Thanks
6 replies
Eric33

Jan 20, 2004, 11:01 PM

The ruth About Att & T Wireless

I just want to make it public knowledge that Att & T Wireless does not supply service to the New York area because they are changing their network from CDMA to GSM. This means that if you were suckered into a contract like my self and given a CDMA they do not help you or care that you might get there the following messages

" Hello, Hello , I can't hear you, call me back later!" or even a " Your Breaking up... What.." from friends

You can't even call the police to report crime

And when you dispute the Charges with your credit card company the wrong doers at Att & T Wireless will try to attack your credit rating.

I am asking anyone at this time who has experienced similiar problems with this awful wireless carrier in the NY L...
(continues)
3 replies
cai

Jan 20, 2004, 1:54 PM

Palm PDA Telephones

Has anyone heard of any new Palm based PDA telephones coming out in the near future?
2 replies
kboro

Jan 16, 2004, 1:42 PM

OMG SCREW VERISON!!!!!

they dont even have a gsm network. geeze whats the hype on verizon, screw them!
9 replies
MATRIXMIKEY

Jan 17, 2004, 5:25 PM

Verizon VS T-Mobile

T-Mobile beats Verizon hands down.
We have better rate plans, more account flexibility, and a more unified billing system and network.

@ VZ Wireless, not all phones work in all territories, even in the home teritory of the usa!!! You can't even subscribe to the same rate plan in different areas of the US if you move!

@ TMO not only do all our phones work in all areas that T-Mobile has service, but most of our phones work outside of the country!!!
This is due to our advanced GSM/GPRS network - it IS the worldwide standard after all.

They claim they have more coverage, but most people I know only use their phones at their primary place of use, and at major cities.

I can go on and on, but the service @ T-Mobile speak...
(continues)
3 replies
MATRIXMIKEY

Jan 8, 2004, 3:57 PM

Why does everyone expect a free phone?

I work in Mobile Phone sales and am astounded by how many people want free phones, accessories, rebates and discounts. If your Mobile company is giving you everything for free, how are they supposed to stay in business?

I'll give you an example:
I buy a typical mid-range phone at wholesale for about $200.00. I give you the phone and all accessories for free.
Let's itemize:
Phone $200.00
Car Charger $19.99 - this is the real deal, manufacturer version. The $10.00 ones are generic - break in a week.
Leather Case: $14.99.

So far that is $234.98
Let say you also get a additional $50 mail in rebate too. Now Me/Mobile Company is $284.98 in the red.

Lets say I am waiving the activation fee also, that another $35.00/$36.00 dollars gon...
(continues)
9 replies
Big Poppa

Jan 14, 2004, 1:16 PM

Sony Ericsson T608 Rebate??

If anyone here has purchased the T608 from Sprint PCS and recived a rebate form for it, can you PLEEEEEEESE scan the rebate form if you have not already filled it out and sent it in, and email me the scan at big_poppa_tn@yahoo.com

I did not recive one with me order and would like to get the rebate as well.
4 replies
SKYLER

Jan 12, 2004, 3:49 PM

PULLIN TEETH IN JANUARY!

THIS IS MY SECOND JANUARY IN A ROW WHERE SALES HAVE PLUMMITED! ARE THERE ANY OTHER SALES REPS OUT THERE AGREE. BE HONEST. I DON'T FEEL LIKE HEARING RIDICULOUS CLAIMS LIKE IT IS THE BEST MONTH OF THE YEAR FOR SOMEONE. I SEE A TENDENCY, I WANT TO HEAR FEEDBACK. DO I HIT UP REFERRAL REQUESTS, INCREASE FLYER DROPS, ETC.. ANY SUGESTIONS. PLEASE ONLY POSITIVES OR RESONABLE FEEDBACK. Confused
2 replies
vcxzcxzv

Jan 20, 2004, 1:12 AM

Internet Speed w/ Samsung A660 &Sprint

I am getting really slow internet speeds using the above phone, barely breaking 10ks/s will the lucky jump to 22kb/s (rarely). I am using sprint connection software... anyone know how to speed it up to et atleasst closer to the advertised speeds?\
Griffin

Jan 19, 2004, 7:28 PM

Rich Brome

Hey Rich You kknow what carries the wildseed is going to be on. Or if kyocera got some more phones planeed for Virgin mobile. Our anything new about kyocera virgin mobile and thw price of the wildseed phone
McG

Jan 19, 2004, 6:52 PM

Make Your Own Phone

Just wondering what everyone would put into their phone if they could make their own. Would it be a flip phone, internal/external antenna, color screen, camera, mp3's, GSM/CDMA/TDMA/Multi band, which carrier would you trust with it and most importantly price.
lungrunner

Jan 19, 2004, 12:02 AM

Motorola V600 and Mercedes

Does anyone know if this phone will be the car phone for Mercedes Benz replacing the V60?
plac45

Jan 17, 2004, 1:13 PM

existing att trying to upgrade phone

any one frustrated trying to upgrade without spending $150 and then being told i cant have gsm on my contract but that it all is to change in 6 months?
3 replies
Mlrub1

Jan 16, 2004, 7:41 PM

The Verizon V60S...

Very Happy

Does anyone have any thoughts or first hand experience with this phone & is this a good choice? - Thanks for any kind of input...
2 replies

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2015 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.