See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?ff=2&fp=360

Home  ›  Forums  ›

General

You must log in to post.

LuckySprinter

Feb 4, 2004, 2:07 PM

Sprint contracts

Speaking of waterproof phones, I wish my Samsung A400 were waterproof. It died when water filled up the pocket of my raincoat.

I went to Radio Shack and got a Samsung V1660. I didn't like it, so I returned it within a week. Even though I already had a 1-year contract with Sprint, I had to sign up for 2-years more to qualify for a rebate on the phone. Even though I returned the phone, the Sprint rep I talked to said I'm stuck with the 2-year contract, and will have to pay their $150 fee to get out of it.

Can I undo this, or am I really stuck with my 2-year contract?

Sad
1 replies
duda

Feb 2, 2004, 9:46 PM

Does anyone make a waterproof phone?

Does anyone make a waterproof phone? I just purchased a LGVX4400B a week ago. I used it in the rain and now it has stop working. Was took I was just out of luck and would have to buy a new phone.
Does anyone make a phone that does not fail when it gets wet?
8 replies
cosmic

Feb 3, 2004, 3:27 PM

Inno 90 Phone......

i want to buy The " Inno 90 " (innostream)
does someone see this phone , is it worth the 300$ i'm gonna pay ? ?
CousinCarl

Feb 2, 2004, 10:42 PM

HELP with Samsung N400

I have been trying to locate a repair shop or depot for parts, the flip on my Samsung SPH-400 broke and the speaker no longer works. I can swap it myself but I need somewhere to buy the part or even a reputable repair shop I can send it to. Can anyone help me?????
1 replies
cai

Feb 2, 2004, 9:01 AM

AT&T Bidders

The newspapers say today that Vodafone is preparing to bid for AT&T. This should be interesting news for Verizon.
3 replies

AD       more discussions below...

mikagan

Feb 1, 2004, 5:13 PM

Bluetooth Phones

Anyone have any idea how many Bluetooth-enabled mobile phones are there already in the market? If somebody were to buy one now what is the chance that they'll meet someone else with one and will be able to play games or exchange information?

Michael
3 replies
Mlrub1

Jan 28, 2004, 11:45 PM

Verizon - Early termination fee...

Rolling Eyes

Can anybody tell me if there is a way that I can avoid paying the early termination fee, associated with verizon? - Is there anything that can be said, or done to circumvent this BS charge?? - Any help or guidence on the matter would be greatly appreciated...
5 replies
Starr06

Jan 30, 2004, 1:03 PM

Motorola V600 or Panasonic X70

I have been debating for a while which phone to purchase unlocked. Since you guys on here seem to be the experts, I would like to hear your thoughts.

Should I buy the Panasonic X70 now or wait for the Motorola V600 to eventually come to T-Mobile (or just wait for the unlocked version's price to go down later this year)?

Thanks.
3 replies
Mlrub1

Feb 1, 2004, 10:49 PM

Nextel I730...

Very Happy

I just bought the Nextel I730, and seem pretty happy so far. - But, can anyone tell me if there is a way to set the speaker volume independent of each other? - What I am trying to explain is this: - Say you set the speaker volume @ 3 or 4 as a result your earpiece volume is at that same level. - So if you raise up your earpiece voulme to a higher number - It also is raising your speaker volume. - Does anyone understand what I am getting at?? - Please respond!!! - I am experienceing a constant having to lower and raise the volume depending if I am using the phone or the speaker for direct connect. - Any suggestions???? - Thanks...
sprinthater

Feb 1, 2004, 3:17 PM

The VX4500

Rolling Eyes

Has anyone had any experience with this phone? If so what do you think?
Raheel

Feb 1, 2004, 1:54 PM

New Store - Need Wholesale Phone Contacts for Unlocked Phones

I am opening up a new T-Mobile and Pre-Paid phones store, I was wondering if anyone knows any good Cell Phone wholesaler contacts which can get me some unlocked new phones like P900 and etc. for cheap wholesale price, I am willing to buy in Wholesale ;)

if you want to directly contact me, Email me at Raheel@Comcast.net
ToddD81

Jan 31, 2004, 11:54 PM

Ok what does an "unlocked" phone do special that a locked phone doesnt do

i hear everyone talking about buying an unlocked phone but what exactly is that and whats so special about them
1 replies
sleepingbear

Feb 1, 2004, 4:53 AM

video java magazine?

I found this site www.threeoclock.com offering free video magazines to mobiles, any body else heard of these guys? what is their technology? is anyone else doing this sort of thing?
.....(my first post)
Confused
NaCH

Jan 24, 2004, 2:08 AM

If att merges Can i get out of my contract?

ATT is the WORST company ive dealt with so far. Rude tech support, terrible hidden charges and an overall terrible experience with management and phones in general. If they merge will I be able to get out of my contract? It expires in April but id love to get the hell out and go back to cingular. THanks
7 replies
nuuuuts

Jan 28, 2004, 9:31 PM

7 pm night time mins

Which carriers are offering 7 pm night time mines?? Im trying out sprint but i don't get any reception in my room so i will be returing it shortly.

In hilo hawaii we have only t-mobile, att, verizon, nextel. I think i have taken a look at all their websites but if any of you know if they "may" start to offer 7 pm nights/weekends i would be very interested.

thanks.

nuuuuts
3 replies
MATRIXMIKEY

Jan 18, 2004, 4:48 PM

Who has the best handset upgrade program?

@ Tmo, it's based on tenure. The maximium discount is $130.00 off of SRP.
4 replies
denden

Jan 20, 2004, 1:31 PM

VERIZON PTT

DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHEN VERIZON IS GOING TO RELEASE THE SAMSUNG A690 THIS IS REDICULUS SUCH A GOOD CARRIER SUCH BAD PHONES. IM MOVING TO NEXTEL THEY HAVE GREAT PHONES THE DEPOSIT THEY CHARGE IS WOTH IT. Mad
4 replies
bklynguy

Jan 31, 2004, 1:02 AM

2 megapixel

I just upgraded to a "free" VX6000 with Verizon. Will 2 megapixel camera phones be available in the US by late 2005 ? I know they're available in Asia now and Vodafone (UK) will offer a 2 megapixel Sharp model soon.
2 replies
QueenCity

Jan 30, 2004, 4:19 PM

Samsung Blackberry Agreement

How will this effect existing Samsung phones with email capability? Is this a program you add or one that can only be used on newer phones?
1 replies
RVK20

Jan 30, 2004, 7:01 PM

LG 6000 ?? SPEAKER PHONE ??

TODAY MY LG 6000 WAS GOING NUTS , IT WAS WORKING AS IT WAS A SPEAKER PHONE . I COULD CALL SOME ONE AND HEAR THEM TROUGH THE OUTSIDE SPEAKER AND THEY COULD HEAR ME WHILE MY PHONE WAS 4 FEET AWAY FROM ME . THE PROBLEM WAS THAT I COULDNT SWITCH IT BACK TO NORMAL MODE, THEN I TOOK THE BATTRY OUT AND COOL FEATURE DISSAPEARED , ANY ONE HAS ANY IDEA WHAT WAS THAT , I THINK THERE WAS A PROBLEM WITH THE SOFTWARE . Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2015 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.