http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?ff=2&fp=359

Home  ›  Forums  ›

General

You must log in to post.

nismo200sx_se

Mar 24, 2004, 6:19 PM

The best forum out there

check out www.howardforums.com

it has almost 100,000 members with over 2,500,000 votes. alot of really great information.
Prodigy031887

Mar 21, 2004, 10:21 AM

PTT Phones

I notice alott of phone companies are coming out with PTT phones for providers like Sprint, Verizon and other. But what about Nextel? Is Motorola still going to be the only phone company for them or will they start going for Nokia or maybe even Sanyo??
2 replies
thecellmaster2000

Mar 23, 2004, 7:36 PM

Porting out of AT&T

My current one year plan (which is a two phone shared plan) is up in July '04 with AT&T. If I wanted to port my numbers to Verizon right now...could I? What costs would I have to pay? Would I have to pay the $175 cancelation fee? Thanks
2 replies
thekfc

Mar 23, 2004, 7:57 PM

activating prepaid service

Can any verizon CMDA compatible phone that i purchase (either ebay or other place) be activated for prepaid service?
If so how can it be done?
shells

Mar 23, 2004, 4:35 PM

VX4400

I just recently bought the VX4400 and i want to know what the letters on the back stand for GPS.. thanks for the help Smile
1 reply

AD       discussions continues below...

MaStAmOdEs

Mar 23, 2004, 12:08 PM

NEC e232

Hi everyone!

I was curious if anyone here has heard of the NEC e232. I'm interested in this phone and want to know where I can purchase it. It looks like the NEC n700. It's a clamshell phone in the shape of the peanut. Any information is appreciated.
mohansgs

Mar 23, 2004, 11:35 AM

Do u love CRICKET? watch it here

Do u love CRICKET? Running behind text updates online to catch up with the match! Try www.simgraphics.com.
Here u can watch Live ball by ball simulated animations, Stats and Graphs, Polls, Ball By Ball Commentary and much much more..
just login to www.simgraphics.com for more detals
Mendel

Mar 17, 2004, 8:36 PM

Sim card problem?? (on Cingular)

My friend is right now in Chicago, (he lives in NY) he has a cingular phone that just stopped working, its the Motorola v400, and the phone says; "unregistered Sim card" (or something of that sort)

so he called CS, and was told that its his fault, (although he did nothing), they said they can not help him, and as a courtesy they would waive the shipping on a new Sim card, which would not arrive until SAT (this happened on WED)

the local stores there cant help him, b/c "NY uses different Sim cards.."

my question is;
1) is that protocol? (does this make any sense?)
2) is there anything he could do to help it? should he maybe restore the factory settings?
(they told him, he must have changed the settings.. which he did not)

yes...
(continues)
5 replies
cai

Mar 17, 2004, 9:28 PM

Unlocked Telephones

A few days ago there were two ads on the side of the forum pointing to stores that sold unlocked telephones. Does anyone know where these sites are?

Thank you.
4 replies
Mendel

Mar 18, 2004, 9:39 PM

Cingular Service in NORTH JERSEY??

does anyone have any info on NEW TOWERS? or NEW ROAMING AGREEMENTS? in MORRISTOWN,NJ (and the general New York Metro area)

I am within my 14 days, and my phone does not work the way it should, so I must know, if there are any changes in the near future.

otherwise I can not wait till DEC time, when the merger is suppose to happen, and service will improve,

where I am, in Morristown,NJ
I am on the edge of a orange area and a dead area, and my college campus is in the dead area, where there is a AT&T GSM tower, but my phone will not pick it up, since there is no roaming agreement.
cdmamotohead

Mar 14, 2004, 8:09 PM

whats the hush about!!!!

why is everything so secret for, i mean are we dealing with national security here! when new phones comeout they are so shrouded in secrecy. you ask the carrier about a new phone and they have never heard of it. ask the manufacture and they give you the run around.
why would the people involved want to try to diminish hype around phones and the carriers that will provide them. hum..... lets see hot new phone is slated to got to a carrier lets try to extinguish all the hype so people don't get worked up and cant not wait to go into stores and spend money.?
4 replies
ATTneveragain

Mar 15, 2004, 6:39 PM

The arrogance of ATT!

As of November of last year AT&T Wireless implemented a new policy to charge anyone who Ports out of AT&T at an any point during there billing cycle the entire amount of the month long cycle," (this could be one day into the cycle).

On behalf of all AT&T customers who Port out. This policy of billing a Customer for services never used should be investigated by the FCC and this practice by AT&T should be discontinued. I also hope that AT&T be held responsible for refunding all monies collected in this manner to past AT&T Wireless customers who have "Ported out" since November.
14 replies
raywallace

Mar 17, 2004, 8:58 PM

External Roof Antenna

I have a Samsung SGH-R225M cellphone...I need to connect an external roof antenna to try and improve my signal from tower located about 5 miles from my home. I have no service indication now. Samsung told me there is no RF port on the phone. Anyone have any suggestions for connecting a Trucker Cell antenna to this phone. What is the thoughts on an external antenna improving my signal to a usable level?

Many thanks for any help and comments
GotJazz

Mar 16, 2004, 4:08 AM

Bluetooth phone question

Does anyone make a Bluetooth phone that supports Hands Free Link and doesn't have a camera?

I work at engineering companies, and none of them allow a cell phone with a camera in their building.
3 replies
lmgurl03

Mar 14, 2004, 11:55 PM

audiovox8900

i was intrested in buying the audiovox phone but the thing is ive heard bad stuff from customers.. that it gets bad reception.. dropped calls and also the picutre text messaging where u cant sometimes send it bcuz of the format and if u do send it on the other end it doesnt look good.. it got to the point where audiovox had to recall it.. what do u think? is it worth it or not?
3 replies
Mendel

Mar 16, 2004, 7:12 PM

Cingular & AT&T sharing towers in NJ

does anyone have any info on NJ if Cingular & AT&T are sharing any towers yet?

and when will they start sharing all the towers?
Chris312

Mar 16, 2004, 9:30 AM

Any New AT&T Panisonic picture Phone?

Is there any new AT&T Panisonic picture phone coming out soon?
Mendel

Mar 15, 2004, 4:15 PM

Cingular Vs. Tmobile

who has better coverage nationwide?
and mainly on the east coast?? (NY/NJ)
Mendel

Mar 15, 2004, 12:09 PM

Nokia 6200 from cingular has some settings blocked out!!!

the AT&T version of this phone, has "System Selection" a option to manuly search for service, or to place it on automatic..

anyway the cingular version does not have it, and I just spoke to NOKIA and was told that CINGULAR BLOCKED OUT THOSE SETTINGS

so does anybody know of a way to change that, and to be able to pick other carriers,

so far where I am, even in the OFFICIAL dead spots (cingular acknowledged it themselves) since its in and around a city, where cingular does have coverage, I am picking up 0-1 bar of service, and still does not search for another carrier (AT&T GSM has full service there)

from the way NOKIA put it, ("CINGULAR BLOCKED OUT THOSE SETTINGS OF SYSTEM SELECTION...") sounds like, this plan of free roaming i...
(continues)
tjcdm8900_user

Mar 14, 2004, 4:01 PM

CDM8900 voice message

I just purchased the CDM8900 picture phone and am trying to send a picture to my PC with the audio messaging. My PC receives email with the picture along with the audio (.qcp) file. However, when I try to open the .qcp attachment it says my PC doesn't have a program associated with it. It tells me to go to MY COMPUTER, select VIEW, then FOLDER OPTIONS. What should I do from there? Which program processes .qcp files ?
Thanks in advance for the help!

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2016 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.