See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?ff=2&fp=359

Home  ›  Forums  ›

General

You must log in to post.

annettemcd

Feb 18, 2004, 3:05 AM

moblie units

I live in rural Alaska and operate a small towing company. We have these great mobile units in all of our vehicles; they are Oki phones with a cradle that is connected to a 3 watt booster, a charging system, a speaker, microphone, handset, and external antenna. The only problem is that the phones are analog and it is now to the point that they do not work very well in the urban area that we serve. We occasionally run the business from a vehicle and need to not miss ANY incoming calls.

We need to replace the analog phones with digital, BUT we are not willing to give up the great analog service in our rural area and the convenience of clicking the phone into the cradle and not have to hook up different connections.

Where can I find a c...
(continues)
Travinator

Feb 17, 2004, 6:22 PM

Techs from D1/V12 Sprint PCS Hollar If You Here Me!!!

Very Happy Calling all Freakzilla's in the D1/V12 area.
vicky0801

Feb 13, 2004, 10:54 AM

Samsung E700

I have recently purchased a Samsung E700 on 02 contract. I already have an O2 contract phone but the bill is payed for by work. I have put my new sim card in my old phone but I am having problems sending pictures. Can anybody help
3 replies
JDigital

Feb 15, 2004, 1:51 AM

Attn: Rich Brome

Hello my friend, as a relative newcomer, first of all let me say way to go on this site. It has been a wonderful asset to me. My problem is that when I click on certain links (most recently the Audiovox 9500 description page) I get redirected immediately to a site called popnav.com. Is this a site sponsered advertisement? I can't seem to avoid it, and I can't actually keep the browser on the page that I want to see. Is this possibly something on my computer? Thanks.
2 replies
Mendel

Feb 13, 2004, 2:58 PM

New York Area

how does cingular and verizon compare in the New York Tri State Area?

i.e. is cingular better that AT&T?
4 replies

AD       more discussions below...

howardr

Feb 13, 2004, 10:04 PM

WAP site list?

Does anybody know if there is a list of wap sites for wap enabled cell phones? I have checked the internet and have not been able to find any from a standard google and ms search. As you may know, it is hard to find wap sites by trial and error. Thank you.
2 replies
Travinator

Feb 13, 2004, 11:10 PM

WAP websites found from SprintPCS TLB/D1/V12

Shocked Bingo!!! www.wapdrive.com and
www.wap.com
genealle

Feb 12, 2004, 6:00 PM

Getting pix from phone to PC?

My Cing. contract is up and I'm looking for a new phone. One of the features I want is the video camera to send pictures to clients.

I'm considering the Moto V400, but I can't determine how you get the pix from the phone to a PC. I don't want to pay for service to Email the pix, I just want to get them into Outlook so I can send a group mail.

Do most cameras have a data cable port, or infrared, or some other means to grab the pix?

Ant other phones I should consider?

Thanks!
Jason762

Feb 11, 2004, 10:47 AM

Verizon 2 year contract

I am currently in a 2 year contract with Verizon that doesn't expire until well into 2005. I re-signed w/ them when I purchased their PTT plan. After about 6 months of the service I am disgusted with it. The delays, the set-up times, the dropped calls when using PTT (making regular phone calls is fine, no dropped calls). Now I would like to go to Nextel. Everyone I know who has it, loves it. The problem is there is a $175 early cancellation fee w/ Verizon. Does anybody know if there is a way out of the contract w/o having to pay that fee or does Nextel offer any sort of promotion where they would compensate you for changing over to their service (i.e. giving you a rebate or paying for your cancellation fee)? Thanks.
5 replies
beefunk

Jan 31, 2004, 6:34 AM

Free Polyphonic ringtones, wallpapers, polyphonics, java games polyphonic

Java apps for phones are very cool. And so too are polyphonic ringtones.

You can get some free ringtones and wallpapers at http://beefunk.com/2.html
5 replies
bna_grL

Feb 8, 2004, 3:12 PM

Can the Panasonic G70 be used under T-Mobile network?

Im with T-Mobile. They dont carry any panasonic phones, but im really interested in the G70. It is a GSM phone. so im wondering if there's anyway that it could be unlocked to be able to use under the T-Mobile network. . .?
2 replies
emenefer

Feb 5, 2004, 12:54 PM

who has best nationwide prepaid service

i was wondering who has the best coverage for prepaid througout the United States and the cheapest rates too.

i looked at simplefreedom from alltel and the go phone from at&t. is there something better than these out there?

thanks.
4 replies
socket

Feb 3, 2004, 1:55 PM

cellular phone manufacturing

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the proper forum for my inquiries, but from reading the posts here, everyone seems extremely helpful and friendly.

To the point, I just wanted to find out if any one here is interested in creating/designing and manufacturing their own cellular phones? Essentially, I would design and manufacture the phone to your specifications/needs.

If you or anyone you know might have an interest in manufacturing design specific phones, please reply or email me at mybtsocket@aol.com

Once again, I apologize if this is the wrong forum to post, and if any rules were broken it was unintentional.

Thank you.
1 replies
bigmack

Feb 2, 2004, 1:32 PM

Problems with Sprint Connection

I have 2 phones/service plans and cannot use them at home. I live in the outskirts of Raleigh, NC. I had Sprint a couple years back and there was a known hole where I live, so I dumped the service in favor of Alltel. Alltel was no better so I came back a year ago because (according to their charts of my area) I would get full coverage (known hole was filled in). I have no problem with the service in town. I work downtown inside a block building and get excellent coverage. At home, inside a wooden structure with plenty of windows, I get marginal at best service. I loose calls if I go into another room. I have called customer service which in turn gives me to tech support that puts in a Trouble Report. I have done this maybe 9 times in the las...
(continues)
8 replies
wolfmstr97

Feb 5, 2004, 9:57 AM

MMS with Nokia 6600

Hey,
I'm new at this site so please bear with me if my question seems redundant... I have a nokia 6600 which works great except for sending and receiving MMS. What I mean by this is that it doesn't work if I send it via t-zones(t-mobile)... it works fine via bluetooth... infrared also works but only as text... I've called t-mobile several times but was unsuccessful in resolving the problem... I've also talked to nokia but they don't seem to have the answer either, except for the nokia 6620 (US version of 6600)... If anyone out there has the same problem, and you've found the solution, please don't hesitate to share... I'd greatly appreciate all the info and help..

Thanks, in advance Smile
3 replies
cellhound

Feb 5, 2004, 10:04 AM

S>>>

MAJOR SCAM:
Don't respond to Emails, phone calls, or web pages which tell you to call
an "809" area Phone Number.

This is a very important issue of Scam Busters because it alerts you to a
scam that is spreading *extremely* quickly, can easily cost you $2400 or
more, and is difficult to avoid unless you are aware of it.

We'd like to thank Verizon for bringing this scam to our attention.

This scam has also been identified by the National Fraud Information
Center and is costing victims a lots of money.

There are lot of different permutations of this scam.

HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:

You will receive a message on your answering machine or your pager, which
asks you to call a number beginning with area cod...
(continues)
2 replies
CDMA Guru

Jan 24, 2004, 11:42 AM

4 Rules to Buying Cellular Service

Hi I am new here but I am a customer service rep for Verizon WIRELESS. I just thought I would Introduce myself be giving my personal 4 Rules to Buying Cellular Service. In my experience I have developed a non-bias view of the Industry in saying that I came up with these rules to HELP my customer that call determine the best company for their needs not mine. They are in Priority and desending format.

1. COVERAGE AREA
2. ASK A FRIEND HOW THERE SERVICE WORKS.
(not what they think of the company)
3. READ THE CONTRACT BEFORE YOU SIGN IT.
(some companies have additional restrictions or privacy related issues that you may or may not like.)
4. LAST BUT NOT LEAST... CHOOSE A PLAN TO MEET YOUR NEEDS OF CELLULAR CALLING.
(everyone wants a good...
(continues)
11 replies
Raheel

Feb 1, 2004, 1:50 PM

I hear theres a new Unlocking Law coming OUT :)

Some one was telling me in 2-3 months all phones from all providers will come fully unlocked due to gov't regulations or something, u know so people dont make monoplys and stuff, sort of like u dont pay $400 for a phone which is stuck on one network.. Kinda like the law they made your phone number universal. Laughing
7 replies
TMGuru

Feb 4, 2004, 6:41 PM

upgrade programs through customer care for different company's

I've noticed that a lot of people discussing on these forums are customer service reps for different companies. I currently work for T-Mobile.

I'm interested in finding out how the upgrade programs work for other companies. This has always been one of the most frustrating parts of my job, as we've been hard stretched to compete with new activations through websites such as amazon.com. Even regular new activations without huge rebates can sometimes get the same or better deals than long term customers.

I know there are several factors involved. New activations often include rebates, which skew the actual cost of the phone when compared to the advertised price of the phone.

Are the upgrade programs for other companies simliar? Do th...
(continues)
3 replies
Mannydog

Feb 3, 2004, 8:06 PM

Phone dimensions/external anttennas

When Phonescoop (and manufacturers) list dimensions for length, does that include the external antenna? Or is it just for the body of the phone?
2 replies

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2015 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.