printed August 4, 2015
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?ff=2&fp=358

Home  ›  Forums  ›

General

You must log in to post.

dtownsound8

Feb 6, 2004, 8:53 PM

how would you rate the carriers out there?

who would you say has the best..

rate plans
features
coverage
customer support
overall

also.. which carrier(s) do you have and which carriers have you had in the past
43 replies
saintsunday

Mar 2, 2004, 2:25 PM

Motorola v60ic for sale (New and unlocked) cheap

Hi..

I did not know where to go and post this, but I guess here would be a better place than any other. I have 5 Motorola v60ic (new with original oem accesories) and I'm selling them for only $134.00 each. If anybody interested please reply to this forum. I'm not posting contact information because I don't know if they allow it or not here on phonescoop.

thank you.

Saintsunday
Jager

Mar 2, 2004, 10:40 AM

GSM vs. CDMA in NYC

I live in Manhattan and I'm about to change from Verizon to either Sprint or Cingular. Does anybody have any opinions on their respective phone service in the metro area? New England? Any problems dropping calls while inside buildings? Etc.

Thanks.
cai

Feb 29, 2004, 5:01 PM

Cost of Phone Service in Europe - How to do it.

I plan to go to Spain this summer and would like to have a telephone to make local calls there.

1- If I get a GSM 900/1800/1900 telephone here in the US, where do I buy the local chip there?
2- How much does the chip cost?
3- How much do calls cost?
4- Who bills me?

Thank you.
dejamesola

Feb 28, 2004, 9:47 PM

Motorola i733 phat farm limited edition Phone

Brand New
Motorola i733 phat farm limited edition brand new in box with sim card BUT IT NOW for $325.00
come see my auction
item number 3081592970
lowest price on ebay!!!!!!!!!!

AD       more discussions below...

umer_jawiad

Feb 28, 2004, 4:12 PM

MIDP 2 Supporting Mobiles ???

Hello!

I want to know that are there any mobiles that support MIDP 2 Appplication Development, Specially gameing.

please reply me at umer_jawaid@yahoo.com

Thanx
cutie

Feb 24, 2004, 9:43 PM

Samsung sph-a600/a500

I just wanted to know from you guys out there who have purchased the samsung sph-a500 or a-600 if it is a worth purchase or not?
4 replies
Mendel

Feb 26, 2004, 3:43 PM

ATTWS North American Package

AT&T has for an extra $9.99 no roaming etc. in canada..

does anyone know if that includes N/W and if that includes long distance to america..
3 replies
tedamenta

Feb 8, 2004, 7:15 PM

Signal sensitivity / Transmit strength

My Kyocera QCP-2035 is dying and I need a new phone. What I liked best about the Kyocera QCP-2035 was its signal sensitivity and transmit strength. In the part of the building where I work (which is underground), I am the only person who has never had any trouble receiving calls and staying connected.

I have Qwest service because they are my land line provider and I can have the same number for both my home and cell phones. Other than being Qwest compatible, signal sensitivity and transmit strength are my only criteria for a phone.

I have tried clicking the FCC link using the phone finder feature of this site but always come up with errors.

Can someone please recommend another way to determine the signal sensitivity and transmit ...
(continues)
39 replies
jforman

Feb 22, 2004, 4:18 PM

Motorola V600 Voice Mail Notification

I've set the master reset, I've was on with ATT&T for 2 hours, done
everything I should to the phone.
When I get a voice mail I check it, press * and the notification never
leaves. When I get new messages I do not get notification that I have a
voice mail. (I do get the message though)
I thought it was my provider so I put my sim card back in my other phone and
I do not have the problem.
Any suggestions other then your typical trials since I've done them all.
Jane
1 replies
jdhilzdsp

Feb 22, 2004, 2:26 PM

Customer Satisfaction

found this interesting since people like to bash VZW cause they claim VZW has bad cust serv and horrible service....guess this fixes that misconception

the third quarter, AT&T Wireless had a rate of 6.4 complaints per 100,000 customers. The rate of complaints for Sprint PCS was next highest at 4.0 per 100,000 customers, while T-Mobile USA Inc., the U.S. arm of Germany's Deutsche Telekom AG, had complaints of 3.5 per 100,000. A spokesman for Sprint PCS declined to comment on the complaint figures. "Sprint continues to place a major emphasis on customer satisfaction, network improvements and product price satisfaction," he said. Until complaints for all carriers soared in the fourth quarter, Sprint's complaint rate was fairly steady for mo...
(continues)
3 replies
Bradus

Feb 23, 2004, 8:23 PM

Use a phone anywhere?

I was wondering if i bought a cell phone off of ebay or somewhere like that, and the phone doesnt have a carrier already programed into it can I just take it to any company and I can use the phone there?
5 replies
Mendel

Feb 20, 2004, 1:28 AM

New York Area Cell Service

what is the best service in the New York tri state area?
1 replies
tasslehawf

Feb 21, 2004, 3:17 PM

Places to buy used phones?

Other than ebay, does anyone know of any place to purchase phones other than from the carriers?

Where do all those deactivated phones go? Phone heaven??
Mendel

Feb 20, 2004, 1:29 AM

New Phones

Any info on new phones with speaker phone coming out from Verizon, Cingular or AT&T?
Travinator

Feb 19, 2004, 6:57 PM

Tier1 traing for Sprint PCS Data Technical Support On Par!!!!!!!

Very Happy Yes thats right, the class was told today that we are on Par for the coarse because we are the best group of Tier1 trainee's to date!!!
plus we also found out that we can become Mentors in less than 1 month if we excel. If we keep perfect attendance we can also become Trainers, or Tier2 Data Support technicians with a significant increase in pay!!! JACK POT
Shocked
btbott

Feb 19, 2004, 7:32 AM

Treo 600 GSM, used on Verizon?

Since Verizon's PDA phones are worthless, could I purchase the Treo 600 GSM and use it on Verizon's network?
Also, does anyone have any insight on the Treo? There are a few guys in my company that have them and love them, but they aren't very advanced in technology so I don't know how much I trust their opinion.
Thanks
3 replies
egfarb

Feb 9, 2004, 12:29 AM

Phone with ADDRESS capability

I'm looking for a Verizon or AT&T phone that has the following features:

1. excellent call quality in SF/Bay area
2. good battery life
3. PC synchronization capability that includes mailing addresses (not just phone/email)
3. small durable package comparable to Motorola v60
4. speakerphone

any suggestions would be very appreciated.
2 replies
Roadstir

Feb 15, 2004, 9:18 PM

VX4500 glitch found...

Confused

I just received my new VX4500 on January 31, 2004. It's an amazing phone, and I've been very happy with it thus far. However, I think I've found a glitch in it's programming.

If I am talking on the phone and it's noisy around me I use the volume control on the side of the phone to temporarily raise or lower the volume. But if I do this, the volume only stays raised (or lowered) for about 4 seconds, and then it bumps down to the volume level set by default in the settings menu. It will NOT stay at the volume you set by the side control for more than a few seconds!

I went by the Verizon store and showed it to the tech people. Einstein there fiddled with it for a few minutes and finally says: "that's one of the phones features...
(continues)
3 replies
BluEyez

Feb 17, 2004, 7:01 PM

35$ phones?

Hey guys!

Have you seen the ads on ebay annoucing v600 and other great new phones for 35$.
I'll give you the link for free! Very Happy

www.thecelltrix.com

I don't know if it actually works - I'm just trying it out myself.

Check it out - it's worth a try I think.
Please, put my e-mail address danyarielly@hotmail.com
as your reference so I can get my phone quicker.

Thanks! Peace!

DanyR
2 replies

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2015 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.