Phone Scoop

printed October 4, 2015
See this page online at:

Home  ›  Forums  ›

You must log in to post.

Mar 13, 2004, 6:17 AM

HELP! How to load applications to Games menu from PC?

Whenever I use the Nokia Application Installer to upload java games to my phone from my PC, it always end up in Applications menu rather than Games menu. How do you load java games to Games menu?

Thanks and Regards

Mar 5, 2004, 11:15 PM

Is there a phone that has a built-in mp3 player?

I don't want one where I can connect an mp3 player to the phone.
I don't need the built-in camera and video games?
If there is such a phone, can it work with Apple Macs so I can upload mp3 songs to the phone?
3 replies

Mar 12, 2004, 7:57 AM

midi ringtones

I finally saw a site that had my phone able to download a polyphonic ringtone but, there was only one problem my carrier qwest wasn't on the list how much longer do i have to wait for qwest to associate with these ringtone company's
1 replies

Mar 12, 2004, 12:41 PM

Bluetooth in lexus cars

Does anyone know what is involved in making a bluetooth capable handset communicate with a bluetooth in a vehicle? Handset: Nokia 6610, Car: Lexus

Mar 8, 2004, 11:35 AM

Has Anyone Ever Bought a Telephone Chip Abroad

My question about setting up a GSM telephone abroad is still active, but no one has answered.
So I will ask the question differently:

-Has anyone here ever bought a GSM chip abroad for a USA 900/1800/1900 telephone?
-If so, how much did it cost?
-How were you billed or did you get prepaid calls?

Thank you.
6 replies

AD       more discussions below...

Mar 12, 2004, 7:49 AM

motorola c343 ringtones

when is qwest going to apart of downloadable polyphonic ringtones?

Mar 11, 2004, 7:17 AM

8k Nokia 7600's per week in Carphone!

8,000 plus connections a week, this annihilates the previous Carphone weekly record. The best they have ever done is 2,300 connections and that was way back in last summer.

Just goes to show the power of the device, once 3 have compelling devices across all channels the other operators will be panicking like mad »

Mar 11, 2004, 12:15 AM

i would just like to ask where can i download a high resolution photos of cellular units? thanks so much.

Mar 7, 2004, 1:16 PM

answering machine

Does anyone know an answering machine program that would work with a voice modem and that recognizes pressed keys(this is very important).
For example: when a user presses nr 1 on his phone then he will be played one sound file, when a users presses nr 2 the he will be player another sound file, when a user presses 3 then another one and so on...

thanks in advance!
1 replies

Feb 26, 2004, 1:12 AM

Real Map of Coverage

does anyone out there have a Real Map of Coverage, as far as any carrier..
3 replies

Mar 4, 2004, 10:54 AM

What do you think, new nokias for £20

I've found this site,
where it looks like you can get the latest phones for £20, anyone out their tried this and what do you think ??
1 replies

Mar 4, 2004, 9:22 PM

Megapixel camera phone USA???

Anyone know when the first mega pixel camera phones will be coming out in the USA? I don't mean giant PDA phones, just regular normal sized phones. Will any of them have MP3 playback or ring tones? What carriers will have them? Thanks,

2 replies
Cell Pimp

Feb 27, 2004, 12:45 PM

How Do I look Up a Number??

remember a while ago someone posted a link to look up numbers suing the area cose and pre fix. Any one know that link I think ti was like Primersco or somehting? Or anyone know anothers..I need as much info as I can get, Name Carrier, Addres whatever...If you know it please post it..Thanks
2 replies

Mar 5, 2004, 12:37 PM

anyone a testuser at

For the last 4 months I have been a test user of

They have been sending my 3650 weekly video/text magazines to me for FREE!!

At the end of this month goes live and I have been told by their tech department that anyone that preregisters will always be able to use the service for free.

I can really recommend the service (but you need a java phone)

Their 60 magazines cover every subject. I have been getting the music and the sports ones and they are really fun.

Draw backs.
Long download on GPRS (4 mins)
Need a bit of storage space.
Video is a bit jumpy

Has anyone else been using it, is anyone else a memeber, what do you think??

Mar 4, 2004, 3:29 PM

Managing Mobile Phone Bills

Does anyone have any information on companies that manage your mobile phone bills for you? I get an 800 plus page bill from Verizon every month, as well as smaller bills from Nextel, ATT, Cingular and T-Mobile. It's no secret that carriers make mistakes on bills. I have discovered overcharges of up to $3,000 per month. But I don't have the bandwidth to fine tooth comb the 800 page bill every month. Surely I must be able to hire a company whose expertise is in this area. Any leads will be gladly welcomed. Thanks!
2 replies

Mar 3, 2004, 2:59 PM

Order of events for new cell phone?

Is a prototype phone sent the FCC first before it's sent to carrier for testing? It seems to me that a supplier would first send the prototype to a carrier(s) to guage interest in a new phone. Otherwise, why bother sending it to the FCC? It seems that some posts suggest it's the other way around.
1 replies

Mar 3, 2004, 4:39 PM

Just wondering

I was on the subway about a day ago and noticed that the women sitting next to me was using her phone on the metro. I check if mine work and it said no service. I asked what carrier she had and she told me AT&T. I have nextel. What matter most; the carrier, or the phone for the best reception??
2 replies

Feb 29, 2004, 7:56 PM

what do U hear about touch to talk phones. Mine are OK but have some bugs to work out as anything new will. The phone is kinda big I'm use to the v60i which had terrible reception. So the T2T kyocera is some better than the v60i. Just wish it was smaller or had a front guard on it every time I sit somewhere I hit buttons on it. Maybe I just need to loose weught. Anyone else in rural USA have the T2T yet.
1 replies

Feb 6, 2004, 8:53 PM

how would you rate the carriers out there?

who would you say has the best..

rate plans
customer support

also.. which carrier(s) do you have and which carriers have you had in the past
43 replies

Mar 2, 2004, 2:25 PM

Motorola v60ic for sale (New and unlocked) cheap

I did not know where to go and post this, but I guess here would be a better place than any other. I have 5 Motorola v60ic (new with original oem accesories) and I'm selling them for only $134.00 each. If anybody interested please reply to this forum. I'm not posting contact information because I don't know if they allow it or not here on phonescoop.

thank you.

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2015 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.