printed June 26, 2016
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?ff=2&fp=357

Home  ›  Forums  ›

General

You must log in to post.

chuckstheman0

Apr 14, 2004, 12:04 AM

Confused..A phone I want says "T-mobile-tentative" and more Qs?

what does it mean? Also, for example the kyocera koi says available in july 2004. does this mean that it will be available then ot it will be switched to tentative? please clarify.
2 replies
thecellmaster2000

Mar 24, 2004, 10:43 PM

WHO REIGNS SUPREME

of all the service providers...who would a first time customer sign with?
4 replies
CCityBabe

Apr 12, 2004, 11:51 AM

Do You Think Handset Portability is a good idea?

I work with cell phones and I strongly disagree with tbe idea of handset portability. If this goes through alot of people, like me, would be out of a job. I own a cell also and I had to buy a new handset when I switched to verizon and I didn't huss and fuss about because that's business. Companies would lose money and customers if this happened. My job would be affected by this too. If I sell no phones I have no job. This also has to do with customers wanting everythin for free! For customers : Quit your whining and cough up the money or you get nothing!!!!!
1 reply
agresj

Apr 12, 2004, 10:45 PM

service center number for at&t text messages?

what is the service center number for at&t wireless text messages? thanks (it asks for this in the setup prompt on the phone)
xDanELx

Apr 12, 2004, 8:02 PM

Creating a Cell Phone Selection Expert System

I'm looking to make an Expert System for cell phone selection for my uni project similar to the one in this site, but at a much simpler level. Hoping for advise on how to make one. Looking at using VB for front end, and Access for database which would be populated manually. What I do not know how to do is the selection/inference engine. Thanks for any help.

AD       discussions continues below...

agresj

Apr 12, 2004, 5:29 PM

unlocked v60 doesnt get text messages

i have a v60 that was designed for tmobile and i unlocked it. im using at&t, now i rarely if ever get text messages. whats going on? is there a way i can fix this?

thanks, jack
RosexJustGottheV600

Apr 12, 2004, 12:06 PM

HELLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday I sent some mp3 instrumentals (to use as ringtones) to my phone using bluetooth. I turned it off, turned it back on a few minutes later... I went to look at my "sounds" and the new mp3s and the ringtones i made with motomixer, were gone! I went to "ringstyles" and it was there for me to choose! SO BASICALLY, my ring tones won't appear in "sounds".

This sucks! Mad
2 replies
Prodigy031887

Apr 10, 2004, 4:51 PM

Here's a crazy idea

Have you ever wanted to show off your knew phone but no body ever calls you when you want them to?? Well what if there was a device that would make your phone ring?? And all you'd have to do was pick it up and say "I'm sorry wrong number" then just hang up Wink
5 replies
PiNkYPriNcZ

Mar 22, 2004, 8:44 PM

Verizon Service Issues?

Recently a co-worker of mine was talking about how his Verizon phone did not get good service on the way to Florida(from the northeast) and some of the time he got No service. He is on the national plan(which this shouldn't happen) and when calling Verizon with this problem they told him to dial *228. They say it is supposed to "re-program" your phone but he says it's a scam to keep customer care calls to a minimum and it never works. My parents(who have verizon) are driving to FL in a couple weeks and I wanted to know if anyone could tell me a little bit more about these issues. I really don't want them having any trouble! Thanks! Very Happy
13 replies
Prodigy031887

Apr 11, 2004, 11:00 AM

Im looking at prepaid

Is there any prepaid company that offers free nights or weekends??
1 reply
jhmlbrgr

Apr 10, 2004, 8:05 PM

VZW EV-DO is awesome says the Wall Street Journal

Verizon Crosses The US With Speedy, True Wireless Access

Dow Jones International News Service via Dow Jones

By Walter S. Mossberg
THE WALL STREET JOURNAL

TRUE WIRELESS broadband is coming to the U.S. this year and next. By the end

of 2005, courtesy of Verizon Wireless, you should be able to wirelessly connect

a laptop, PDA or cellphone to the Internet at real broadband speeds from almost

any location in every major U.S. metropolitan area.

I'm not talking about the spread of more Wi-Fi "hot spots" in airports, coffee

shops and similar places. I'm talking about wireless high-speed Internet service

that you can use just about anywhere -- even on the street or in a car.

This...
(continues)
2 replies
recycleyourcellular

Mar 30, 2004, 7:07 PM

EVERONE PLEASE RECYCLEYOURCELLULAR.COM

Hello to everyone on this board,

Please take a moment if you can to go to the following link:

http://www.recycleyourcellular.com »

We are a grassroots organization that is interested in preventing needless damage to the environment from old cellular phones and their corrosive elements. We are in the process of setting up distribution centers to take in, process, and safely dispose of old cellular phones to prevent their arrival in a landfill.

This initiative is still in its very early stages of development to check back at that website often for an ever expanding information base on this topic.

If you have any questions please e-mail us at: recycleyourcellular@hotmail.com.

Webmasters! Please let us know if you interested in ...
(continues)
4 replies
dccaller

Apr 9, 2004, 2:30 PM

Calling all Washington DC cell phone users

I live in Washington DC and am currently a Sprint user. I am going to switch carriers, and Cingular is #1 option I think. Wanted to know if anyone uses Cingular in the Washington DC area, and how the coverage is, both inside and outside of buildings.

Also, if people from other major cities could comment on cingulars coverage too - as outside of DC I would probably use the phone most in cities like NY, LA, SFran, Miami.

Any phone recommendations are also appreciated. Thanks everyone
dkrosnick

Apr 9, 2004, 8:56 AM

Easy question on multiple phones?

I have a small cheap-o LGVX10 phone on Verizon. I may purchase a PDA/Phone to replace it. Can I keep both phones operational on the same number?

I ask, b/c why would I want to bring my PDA Phone out to a bar when I can just bring my small phone?

Thanks
D.
1 reply
elegua

Apr 8, 2004, 10:08 AM

Car kits

• Does any body have any idea what percentage of the people that own cell phones and a car have a car kit installed in their car?
1 reply
Bert19

Apr 5, 2004, 12:09 AM

Nokia Unlock Code

i just bought a Nokia 6800 that is locked to ATT Wireless. If anyone knows what the unlock code for this phone is, could you please let me know. Thanks.
2 replies
minscho3

Apr 5, 2004, 1:47 PM

hi... question about importing phone from korea

Im trying to get a phone from Korea this summer

but iono how to program a phone so that i can use in America...

can anyone tell me how to do that?

I read about some guy who did that in krn dealer shop.... i need to know some details..

so plz anyone w/ info tell me how to set the programs and what i need to do to make krn phones work in US

thx Wink
drake2828

Dec 7, 2003, 3:25 PM

Phone charger for Samsung a460

Does anyone know if the phone charger for the samsung a460 will work on the samsung vga1000?

I cant seem to find the info about this anywhere and was just wondering if my odl travel charger will still work or if i need to get a new one of those too.

Thanks
1 reply
fdobesh

Feb 24, 2004, 10:06 PM

web browser

IS there away to turn off my web browser on the motorola c250 phone I know it is a very new phone Crying or Very sad
1 reply
chuckstheman0

Apr 1, 2004, 10:47 PM

Wide open debate: What is the best new phone?

I know this isnt a very specific, but Im looking for a new phone for my birthday. I love being on top of things and having the newest and best things, so I was wondering what u guys think will be the best new phone, I am waiting for the SGH-D415, I was wondering if there was a better phone out there, carrier is unimportant.
3 replies

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2016 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.