Who's Looking forward to the i1???
- Every oriface is made to be packed with dirt, because we know how much you like to call Nextel!
- Amaze your friends with the unpredictability of a sweat-laden touchscreen!
- Did we mention that is a RUGGED touchscreen? It practicly bounces off of walls!
- The phone is listed as being rugged.
- WiFi can FLY, and is included at no extra cost.
That's right, I can sell this phone while being honest. I just might forget to bring up a few things.
Just because you upgrade to the i1 from an 8350i, doesn't mean that the network is changing.
The Nextel network is the same network it's been on for a while. Sprint/Nextel hasn't upgraded the speed of the Nextel network for ages, so, the length of time it takes to download a text or an app won't change.
If you are asking about if the phone's setup is different and will load quicker than a Blackberry, the answer is yes.
Google's Android software is much quicker to load up th...
Of course it would have been best if Sprint-Nextel and Motorola had designed the i1 with iDEN for voice & PTT and either WiMax or Sprint 3G for data, but unfortunately they chose the iDEN + WiFi route.
But given that the i1 was clearly designed to use iDEN for voice & PTT and WiFi for data/email, why did you not mention the speed of WiFi when accessing email & data with the i1?