Phone Scoop

printed August 31, 2015
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/carriers/forum.php?fm=m&ff=6&fh=1830505

Home  ›  Carriers  ›

Nextel

Info & Phones News Reviews › Forum  

all discussions

Nextel Repeater HELP!!!!

cbd32

Aug 26, 2008, 1:20 PM
Does anyone know of a specific repeater for the i355/i570 to improve the phone service? I was told there were mutiple inexpensive repeaters, but all the prices I've received are over $1,600.

Any help is much appreciated!!
...
jrfdsf

Aug 26, 2008, 3:46 PM
cbd32 said:
Does anyone know of a specific repeater for the i355/i570 to improve the phone service? I was told there were mutiple inexpensive repeaters, but all the prices I've received are over $1,600.

Any help is much appreciated!!


Is it for a business, home, or car?
...
cbd32

Aug 27, 2008, 6:49 AM
Sorry, I should have been more specific.

It is for a construction site (business). I have an area of about 10,000Sq ft. that PMs, SUPTs, frequent and I need reception in this area. It has about (6) double wide trailers, and (3) barns scattered throughout the area. The area that needs the most coverage is the trailers, which are all together in one area. The barns that are scattered have little traffic, but it would be nice if the repeaters would improve them too.
...
jrfdsf

Aug 28, 2008, 3:28 PM
cbd32 said:
Sorry, I should have been more specific.

It is for a construction site (business). I have an area of about 10,000Sq ft. that PMs, SUPTs, frequent and I need reception in this area. It has about (6) double wide trailers, and (3) barns scattered throughout the area. The area that needs the most coverage is the trailers, which are all together in one area. The barns that are scattered have little traffic, but it would be nice if the repeaters would improve them too.


Is your outdoor reception good? If so, a set of Wilson repeater antennas for each trailer and building should do the trick. Sorry, but in order to get good clear reception inside, you will need to invest a little $$$ to th ...
(continues)
...
cbd32

Aug 28, 2008, 3:36 PM
Thanks for the info. I ended up spending about 900, and from what I've heard, this should do the trick.

Thanks again!
...
jrfdsf

Aug 28, 2008, 3:37 PM
cbd32 said:
Thanks for the info. I ended up spending about 900, and from what I've heard, this should do the trick.

Thanks again!


Excellent! Smile Sorry I couldn't get back sooner. What type of solution did you go with?
...
cbd32

Aug 28, 2008, 5:21 PM
Its a 60db Wilson iDEN repeater set. Comes with both the outside, inside antennas, cables, repeater, etc. Went to repeaterstore.com and got it from them.

Thanks again for the help! Very Happy
...
working man

Aug 26, 2008, 10:01 PM
SPRINT NEEDS TO STOP BEING TIGHT AND IMPROVE THEIR POOR COVERAGE!!
...
Trygon

Aug 26, 2008, 10:08 PM
I never got people complaining about coverage. Sprint has the best US coverage of any provider, except Verizon, who we share coverage with.
...
Trygon

Aug 26, 2008, 10:09 PM
Owait, unless you mean iDen, in which case, let that money-sink die out peacefully.
...
cellphonesaretools

Aug 28, 2008, 1:22 AM
Before Sprint got hold of it, iDEN was minting money for Nextel. The ARPU and ARPE that Nextel had, up until the "merger", was head & shoulders better than any other US wireless provider. So, not only was iDEN generating approximately 18% MORE average monthly revenue per subscriber than the closest competitor, Nextel iDEN was doing it with approx 40% FEWER EMPLOYEES per subscriber. Made more money, operated considerably more efficiently. How do you arrive at the statement "...let that money-sink die out..."?

Also, at the time of the "merger", the iDEN network was the largest all-digital network in the US. Verizon & Sprint roam onto each other's networks, making them appear larger than they really are; same for ATT, T-Mobile and all the re...
(continues)
...
Trygon

Aug 28, 2008, 6:23 PM
Hey, I work in iDen business premier. I'm well aware of the facts. I just feel that the network is outdated and, with the advent of DCS, obsolete.

A little tolerance around your sacred cow, eh?
...
jrfdsf

Aug 28, 2008, 7:05 PM
Trygon said:
Hey, I work in iDen business premier. I'm well aware of the facts. I just feel that the network is outdated and, with the advent of DCS, obsolete.

A little tolerance around your sacred cow, eh?


I think you missed the point of his post.

He was challenging your assertion that Nextel iDEN was a big liability to Sprint. The fact is that Sprint is the one responsible for the churn due to poor customer service and mismanagement. Nextel was the top moneymaking wireless provider before they became one company. Hardly a coincidence they went from first to worst under Sprint.

As for iDEN being a "dated technology" do you know how old CDMA is? Try about 1940's technology. It was used durin
...
(continues)
...
Trygon

Aug 28, 2008, 9:15 PM
The whole reliability image of nextel gets me. Makes me want to clock every complaint about outages I get all day. It's all tech, it all breaks.
...
jrfdsf

Aug 29, 2008, 3:54 PM
Trygon said:
The whole reliability image of nextel gets me. Makes me want to clock every complaint about outages I get all day. It's all tech, it all breaks.


True, but only Nextel has a backup system that works when the phonelines don't and even when the tower is down. iDEN may actually incur more tickets and problems than other systems, but it works when others can't (i.e. Katrina, 911, etc.).

Sprint needs Directalk on ALL Nextel DC phones, both CDMA and iDEN.
...
cellphonesaretools

Aug 30, 2008, 2:48 AM
Given that you have stated that iDEN is an "outdated money sink that should be allowed to die", don't you think that you should go to work elsewhere?

If your opinion of iDEN is so low, why don't you go to work for a different department, or switch to a company with a technology that you can believe in?

It doesn't feel right that you would be working in "iDEN Busines Premier" when you obviously have no faith in iDEN and wish it would go away.

True, the iDEN network was stretched to the breaking point because it was at or near capacity, hence the large number of network trouble tickets. But when it is not stretched to the breaking point, iDEN is a phenominally reliable workhorse of a network. And as jrfdsf has stated so well, the fact...
(continues)
...
Trygon

Sep 2, 2008, 6:25 PM
Because, of course, there's call centers for EVERY company within three miles of my home, amirite?

Your fanboyism and ideal projections of 'what could have been' make you dim. Please resist the urge to speak to me regarding iDen, as it will be simply disregarded.
...
cellphonesaretools

Sep 3, 2008, 12:19 AM
Wow, what a comeback!

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Nextel certainly does not need your attitude. So far you've shown no substance, no real-world understanding, no help to anyone posting here, just negative opinions and now you've stooped to name-calling.

Go find a job other than in a call center, genius. Or better yet, go to work for Verizon in one of their call centers, even if you have to drive an extra mile or two. I hear VZW is a good company to work for, AND they soon will have the PTT market cornered...just ask them. You should do yourself & all of us a favor and get while the getting is good.

And don't forget that it's people like me that are paying your salary, genius. You didn't exactly graduate at t...
(continues)
...
jrfdsf

Aug 28, 2008, 3:32 PM
working man said:
SPRINT NEEDS TO STOP BEING TIGHT AND IMPROVE THEIR POOR COVERAGE!!


Nobody gives a crap about this! The poster needs an indoor coverage solution, not your opinion of Sprint as a company.

In the future, if you don't have anything helpful to say, don't say anything. Mad
...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.


all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

 

All content Copyright 2001-2015 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.
2