Phone Scoop

printed August 4, 2015
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/carriers/forum.php?fm=m&ff=4&fh=2141013

Home  ›  Carriers  ›

AT&T

Info & Phones News Reviews › Forum  

all discussions

So dissappointed in ATT

New ATT Guy

Aug 25, 2009, 7:53 AM
Honest to God, I have no clue what has happened to AT&T's network. You guys were number one and on top of your game just two years ago. I paid an ETF to leave Sprint this summer and joined AT&T. My coverage has been horrible, the phones have been average, and CS hasn't even been helpful when I had questions. Technical Support did an awesome job helping me, but CS didn't seem to care. Then, this past weekend helped me in making my decision to leave AT&T and once again pay another ETF. Their billing systems merged and they could do NOTHING during this time for three days in my region. It's sad, I really had high hopes and respect for AT&T, but that all went out the window this summer.
...
acdc1a

Aug 25, 2009, 8:57 AM
I have to chime in again. You ,like the last poster who left Sprint, did so at the wrong time. While AT&T and Verizon have been taking market share, Sprint's been improving their customer service metrics by a lot. AT&T on the other hand has been doing just the opposite. It's almost like a God complex having the i-Phone. It's going to come back to haunt them. Once the i-Phone was the last big thing like the Razor, AT&T will likely start to bleed subscribers.

Wireless providers as a whole need to realize the reason their in business...to serve customers.
...
Verde321

Aug 25, 2009, 10:10 AM
acdc1a said:Wireless providers as a whole need to realize the reason their in business...to serve customers.


As much as I would like to agree with this sentiment...

A business is in business for one reason: To make money for its owners.

If that wasn't the goal, it would be a nonprofit.
...
acdc1a

Aug 25, 2009, 10:11 AM
Without customers it wouldn't be a business.
...
Verde321

Aug 25, 2009, 10:13 AM
Without profits, there would be no business.

/shrug
...
famoussasjohn

Aug 25, 2009, 10:23 AM
acdc1a said:
Without customers it wouldn't be a business.

doesnt ATT have 2nd most customers? quit being dumb. you should have canceled your subscription with ATT within the first 30 days if you didnt like the service. you wouldnt have to pay the ETF if you used your brain
...
acdc1a

Aug 25, 2009, 10:25 AM
I don't have AT&T. If I did, then perhaps you could call me dumb for expecting that I get the service that I pay for. Since I don't have AT&T...I'm not the dumb one.
...
famoussasjohn

Aug 25, 2009, 11:45 AM
acdc1a said:
I don't have AT&T. If I did, then perhaps you could call me dumb for expecting that I get the service that I pay for. Since I don't have AT&T...I'm not the dumb one.

my bad meant to direct that to the OP, not you.
...
New ATT Guy

Aug 25, 2009, 11:49 AM
Well, I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt, considering they are #2, plus the only reason they're not #1 is because Verizon bought their way to the top. And the first 30 days was ok, it's the past two months when I started having bad experiences. I didn't mind paying the ETF just to get away from them. So maybe it's you that needs to use your brain before you open your mouth, and you need to quit being dumb. Damn, you must work for them too, because they're all ass holes.
...
VZW611LA

Aug 25, 2009, 12:05 PM
Verizon has been number one in a lot of things even before we bought Alltel. We do hold the larges 3G coverage, Largest voice calling network, the largest coverage area, and we have the number 1 rating customer service. We have the best ratings for call quallity and a reliable network. We are now in the top 10 largest wireless networks in the world. Overall now we are number one, but there is more to a wireless network then just having the most customers in the US.
...
LicorShot

Aug 25, 2009, 12:50 PM
VZW611LA said:
Verizon has been number one in a lot of things even before we bought Alltel. We do hold the larges 3G coverage, Largest voice calling network, the largest coverage area, and we have the number 1 rating customer service. We have the best ratings for call quallity and a reliable network. We are now in the top 10 largest wireless networks in the world. Overall now we are number one, but there is more to a wireless network then just having the most customers in the US.


LoL..... where do u VZW guys get this stuff at ? show me the facts behind everything u mentioned above and i would believe u ....
...
Menno

Aug 30, 2009, 3:32 PM
Customer service: Look at any official Customer service poll. It is either Verizin/Tmobile tie, or verizon consistently every quarter. You can also do the same for Call quality and reliability. Verizon towers all have backup power so even if the power grid goes down, they can continue running.

the top10 statement was a press release awhile back.


3g coverage: Look at our 3g map (you can see it on our website) and then compare it to ATT's, Tmobiles, and Sprint. There is really no comparison

Where do we get these facts? We read the news.
...
monwella

Aug 28, 2009, 1:50 PM
well i work for ATT and the reason why the network has been having issues lately is because of the new 3GS that came out. so many people switched to ATT just for that reason so we have been basically overloaded with too many people on the network. ATT usually has goog service if you're in a good service area but i just dont agree with how much we charge people for service and i wish there was something that we could actually do about that but it isnt. its a revenue generated company so you really cant blame em.
...
Jayshmay

Aug 30, 2009, 7:24 PM
It's so sad that we live in a world where frinkin stockholders matter more than customers.
...
ccareatatt

Aug 25, 2009, 11:24 AM
Did you read the 4 letters AT&T sent you advising you that account changes during that weekend may not be possible? Customer Service is not technical care no offense; there are some people who just are not that technically adept to do the job while others are. Customer Service is there to make you happy and reach out to other teams to accomplish your resolution. I am really sorry you had some dingbat reps who cant think outside of the box to get that assistance for you. Hate to see you go over something AT&T notified you in several letters.
...
New ATT Guy

Aug 25, 2009, 11:55 AM
AT&T never sent me any letters notifying me of anything. I dont' know if it's because I'm a new customer, but nothing came to my mailbox. The questions I had for the reps were not even technical issues. They were simple things like what type of plan did I have. Why didn't they sign me up for internet when I asked them to? Why was my messaging showing that I was over when I had unlimited?
...
Verde321

Aug 25, 2009, 2:38 PM
New ATT Guy said:
Why didn't they sign me up for internet when I asked them to? Why was my messaging showing that I was over when I had unlimited?


Where did you sign up for att at?
...
ccareatatt

Sep 1, 2009, 10:20 AM
All easy answers had you not had a dingbat; I would have repeat called on them. Never call on Sundays thats after hours care. Guarentee the rep who started your service forgot to add the data package (probably a conflicting feature code alert that was skipped instead of accepted). I would give it another chance and call in again. Sorry you had an idiot who should have followed up with you.
...
New ATT Guy

Sep 2, 2009, 8:42 AM
As for right now, things are straightened up, for the moment. They offered to reverse my cancellation and work my account out with the overage charges. So, I agreed to give it another try. I did have to pay full price for a cell phone though since I had given mine to my nephew. I have the Motorola Karma, which i thought would be bad, but it's actually very nice. The district manager got involved in my case, and that's how and what it took to get something done. Coverage has been good the past two weeks now.
...
ATnT Nokia

Aug 25, 2009, 12:03 PM
New ATT Guy said:
Honest to God, I have no clue what has happened to AT&T's network. You guys were number one and on top of your game just two years ago. I paid an ETF to leave Sprint this summer and joined AT&T. My coverage has been horrible, the phones have been average, and CS hasn't even been helpful when I had questions. Technical Support did an awesome job helping me, but CS didn't seem to care. Then, this past weekend helped me in making my decision to leave AT&T and once again pay another ETF. Their billing systems merged and they could do NOTHING during this time for three days in my region. It's sad, I really had high hopes and respect for AT&T, but that all went out the window this summer.

...
(continues)
...
ATnT Nokia

Aug 25, 2009, 12:07 PM
I read your prior posts and you hate Verizon too, so scratch that. I say, go with a 2G phone on AT&T and your service will improve.

I don't think too many people will disagree with me that AT&T's 2G is more reliable than their 3G.
...
jbecool80

Aug 25, 2009, 3:27 PM
I was also dissappointed in the services that At&t was providing me which is why I paid the ETF fees and went to Verizon. After being with them for about a year and a half the last six months were just horrible. More Bars in More Places is A complete GIMMICK! You can have all the bars the phone can show but that doesn't mean guarenteed service. I found this out in a horrible way. My then Bold would show full 3g bars and would say "call Failed" whats up with that? Even though its only been 2 months since ive been with verizon service has been good, I dont get as many bars as AT&T but at least I can make calls and recieve them. And I have the Tour so I'm right at home. Smile
...
ATnT Nokia

Aug 25, 2009, 5:12 PM
jbecool80 said:
I was also dissappointed in the services that At&t was providing me which is why I paid the ETF fees and went to Verizon. After being with them for about a year and a half the last six months were just horrible. More Bars in More Places is A complete GIMMICK! You can have all the bars the phone can show but that doesn't mean guarenteed service. I found this out in a horrible way. My then Bold would show full 3g bars and would say "call Failed" whats up with that? Even though its only been 2 months since ive been with verizon service has been good, I dont get as many bars as AT&T but at least I can make calls and recieve them. And I have the Tour so I'm right at home. Smile


The Blackberry Bold ...
(continues)
...
monwella

Aug 28, 2009, 1:51 PM
if you upgrade to the new software i heard it helps with the dropped calls for the BOLD
...
Anxiovert

Aug 30, 2009, 1:32 PM
The difference is night and day. I love my Bold even more now!
...
LicorShot

Aug 30, 2009, 5:06 PM
i can agree also ... the newest update solved alot of my bold problems finally ....


i don't have to do a battery reset every 8 hours and everything works flawlessly even the VVM
...
Jayshmay

Aug 30, 2009, 7:38 PM
What's VVM?
...
Anxiovert

Aug 30, 2009, 8:11 PM
that would be visual voicemail.
...
Jayshmay

Aug 30, 2009, 8:12 PM
Ah!
...
Anxiovert

Aug 30, 2009, 8:12 PM
have noticed that with this upgrade the phone also has a much better connection to the 3G network? I haven't seen my phone switch to Edge ever since....
...
LicorShot

Aug 31, 2009, 8:29 AM
u know u are right about that .. now that i think about it Laughing
...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.


all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

 

All content Copyright 2001-2015 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.
2