Replying to: Audiovox 8900 Reviews by dhaligas
Re: Audiovox 8900 Reviews
- Tri-mode: I live in Boston, but I'd hate to be on a highway somewhere and lost with the VX6000, and there still is analog in a lot of places.
- Good menu system: took me a little bit to get used to, but now it's pretty intuitive.
- External LCD: Good and bad. It keeps flashing back and forth between the date/time and "Verizon Wireless", no way to change this. Not color. Can work as a viewfiner for the camera in monochrome, which is pretty cool.
- Ringers: The ringer quality is excellent, though the built-in ringers aren't very good. But that's what Get It Now is for.
- Camera: OK quality... for the most part, I just transfer pix from my digital camera to the phone, and they look very good. No flash.
- Speakerphone: Very good. Gets distorted at high volumes, but is very loud, and people have had no trouble hearing me talk into it.
Overall, it's a very good phone, though ideally the best phone would have camera, flash, speakerphone, dual color displays and bluetooth... but that's a pipe dream for the moment.
- Re: Audiovox 8900 Reviews by iampedro