Audiovox 8900 Reviews
- Tri-mode: I live in Boston, but I'd hate to be on a highway somewhere and lost with the VX6000, and there still is analog in a lot of places.
- Good menu system: took me a little bit to get used to, but now it's pretty intuitive.
- External LCD: Good and bad. It keeps flashing back and forth between the date/time and "Verizon Wireless", no way to change this. Not color. Can work as a viewfiner for the camera in monochrome, which is pretty cool.
- Ringers: The ringer quality is excellent, though the built-in ringers aren't very good. But that's what Get It Now is for.
- Camera: OK quality... for the most part, I just trans...
I may get this phone because of tri mode... I am preatty sure that they might upgrade the phone firmware and fix it..
No word on why they issued it for the 8900 though. all they are doing is removing them from the shelf, and placing them in the storage room till whatever issue with the phones have been resolved..
Do you know if there will be any way to get the outer display to stop switching between the date/time or CID and "Verizon Wireless"? The most annoying thing about the phone is that when a call comes in, it displays the CID, then switches to "Verizon Wireless", so you can't see who's calling.
Thanks in advance.