Phone Scoop

printed August 30, 2015
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/carriers/forum.php?fm=m&ff=2&fh=3244387

Home  ›  Carriers  ›

Verizon Wireless

Info & Phones News Reviews › Forum  

all discussions

Galaxy S4 Release

sparker781

Mar 19, 2013, 6:42 PM
Does anyone know around when this phone will be released?
...
Jayshmay

Mar 20, 2013, 9:51 AM
Likely 6-8wks from now.
Most of the world will be getting it last week of April or the first week of May. But if my memory serves me right Verizon was a little late launching the S3,...so who knows.
...
sparker781

Mar 20, 2013, 10:39 AM
Jayshmay said:
Likely 6-8wks from now.
Most of the world will be getting it last week of April or the first week of May. But if my memory serves me right Verizon was a little late launching the S3,...so who knows.


I decided last night that whether I like it or not I have to bite the bullet and upgrade my phone. The Droid X has served me well in the past but it's out of date and the phone has been experiencing issues that in the past wouldn't bother me but they're now starting to get on my last nerve.

The only thing I need to decide is what data plan i need to choose
...
Jayshmay

Mar 20, 2013, 10:41 AM
Your not grandfathered in with unlimited data? Tough life.
...
sparker781

Mar 20, 2013, 10:42 AM
Jayshmay said:
Your not grandfathered in with unlimited data? Tough life.


I am but people keep telling me I can't keep it....How do I keep the unlimited data? or find out if I'm grandfathered in?
...
Below.Me

Mar 20, 2013, 12:04 PM
sparker781 said:


I am but people keep telling me I can't keep it....How do I keep the unlimited data? or find out if I'm grandfathered in?


It has been stated many times that that only way to keep the unlimited data feature is to purchase a phone at full retail price or buy a used device on ebay, craigslist or anywhere on line that will not renew your contract. There is no more "grandfathered in" in regards to unlimited data.

There is no secret way of getting to keep it at the store, over the phone, or online.

You could add a line of service to get the phone you want. Pay for the discounted phone. Then cancel the line of sevice and only pay the termination fee, activation fee, and partial mon...
(continues)
...
sparker781

Mar 23, 2013, 6:08 PM
Jayshmay said:
Your not grandfathered in with unlimited data? Tough life.


How do you get grandfathered in to Unlimited Data?
...
Jayshmay

Mar 23, 2013, 6:13 PM
By KEEPING it on the account BEFORE Verizon murdered unlimited data,. . .you must be new on Verizon.

As of today, I've been with Verizon 3yrs.
...
sparker781

Mar 24, 2013, 5:40 PM
Jayshmay said:
By KEEPING it on the account BEFORE Verizon murdered unlimited data,. . .you must be new on Verizon.

As of today, I've been with Verizon 3yrs.


No I've been with Verizon for 4+ years but I am being told on a daily basis that if/when I decide to upgrade I'll lose it. Yet your telling me I can keep it. How is that possible?
...
Jayshmay

Mar 24, 2013, 5:45 PM
You can,...but you have to pay full-retail for a smartphone, if you get a new smartphone on contract you'll lose unlimited data forever.
...
SupremeSound

Mar 25, 2013, 12:35 PM
We have been over this with you time and time again. You can't sign a new contract and keep unlimited data on that line. There is a thread with plenty of work arounds and lord knows you've asked enough times.

give it a rest, will ya?
...
sparker781

Mar 25, 2013, 12:40 PM
SupremeSound said:
We have been over this with you time and time again. You can't sign a new contract and keep unlimited data on that line. There is a thread with plenty of work arounds and lord knows you've asked enough times.

give it a rest, will ya?


Huh Funny M8......Someone made me think it was possible to do so...I know you can't and frankly I can't afford any of these "work-arounds"....I may be leaving Verizon Wireles
...
DJChrisRush

Mar 25, 2013, 9:44 PM
Once the Galaxy S4 comes out, you can switch to T-Mobile and get nation wide unlimited 4g data, pay way less every month and not even sign a contract!
...
sparker781

Mar 26, 2013, 9:19 AM
DJChrisRush said:
Once the Galaxy S4 comes out, you can switch to T-Mobile and get nation wide unlimited 4g data, pay way less every month and not even sign a contract!


Thats what I am going to do. I don't want to deal with this anymore. I like having the option of Unlimited Data considering I stream music to my phone in my car, in the shower, in my house.
...
adam2106

Mar 26, 2013, 10:08 AM
a lot of people like you are feeling that way.
...
sparker781

Mar 26, 2013, 10:30 AM
adam2106 said:
a lot of people like you are feeling that way.


Read the fine print....You have 2 choices when getting a new phone with the new T-Mobile non contract plans...You buy the phone outright/or you choose a phone and basically pay the phone off $20 a month in addition to your regular bill...I still think it's a better deal, your still getting unlimited data...I just hope that T-Mobile service is good in my area. According to their coverage map it is....Here's hoping
...
adam2106

Mar 26, 2013, 10:48 AM
I knew about that.
...
epik

Mar 26, 2013, 12:57 PM
Yes, it is Unlimited* internet.


* See T-Mobile terms and conditions for what "unlimited" entails.
...
epik

Mar 26, 2013, 12:58 PM
The problem is you want to believe the people who tell you what you want to hear more than the people who tell you what you don't want to hear. It's human nature.
...
Below.Me

Mar 24, 2013, 9:59 AM
sparker781 said:


How do you get grandfathered in to Unlimited Data?


Time travel.

No one is "grandfathered" anymore. You keep unlimited data until you buy a phone with a contract. Then you have to change.

If you buy a full retail phone or buy a phone from eBay you can activate it and keep unlimited data.......for now.
...
sparker781

Mar 24, 2013, 5:41 PM
Below.Me said:


Time travel.

No one is "grandfathered" anymore. You keep unlimited data until you buy a phone with a contract. Then you have to change.

If you buy a full retail phone or buy a phone from eBay you can activate it and keep unlimited data.......for now.


Below Me....Thats what I thought. I was gonna say if there was another way around it that I wasn't aware of I'd like to know!!
...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.


all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

 

All content Copyright 2001-2015 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.
2