Phone Scoop

printed September 3, 2015
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/carriers/forum.php?fm=m&ff=2&fh=3187259

Home  ›  Carriers  ›

Verizon Wireless

Info & Phones News Reviews › Forum  

all discussions

Elongated iphone 5

LL Cool Jake

Sep 21, 2012, 4:44 PM
Hit the verizon store today..it looks retarded IMO I think they made a mistake not going wider. It just looks stupid. I know some consider it an engineering marvel and all, but it just looks off to me.

Anyone else feel the same way?
...
ToughEnough

Sep 21, 2012, 5:41 PM
It reminds me a lot of the Rezound...
...
LL Cool Jake

Sep 21, 2012, 5:49 PM
I can see that. I don't know maybe my opinion is a little skewed at this point...before owing my 4S I only had android, and now I'm over it wanting to not be part of the iphone crowd..only reason I bought it was my G'zOne Commando was just so unreliable. I have the silly otterbox case on mine with the apple logo showing makes me feel a bit silly.
...
GrinderCB

Sep 22, 2012, 2:07 PM
iPhone 5 has larger (read, "narrower") screen, faster processor, iOS6 preinstalled and the big selling point is that it operate on 4G/LTE service. In other words, not much improvement over iPhone 4S, save for the 4G service. Since 4G/LTE is still in development mode with Verizon, to me it makes absolutely no sense to be an iZombie when Verizon dropped the 4 and 4S in price, both of which work well on 3G/EVDO. Verizon is still having problems with LTE implementation.
...
ToughEnough

Sep 22, 2012, 4:38 PM
what you're getting at, but let me explain my point.

The Rezound has a similar hand feel as the 5. Tall narrow hd screen, LTE, the most advanced android, and a lot of similar features.

they remind me a lot of each other looking at the two of them casually
...
sparker781

Sep 23, 2012, 10:05 AM
GrinderCB said:
iPhone 5 has larger (read, "narrower") screen, faster processor, iOS6 preinstalled and the big selling point is that it operate on 4G/LTE service. In other words, not much improvement over iPhone 4S, save for the 4G service. Since 4G/LTE is still in development mode with Verizon, to me it makes absolutely no sense to be an iZombie when Verizon dropped the 4 and 4S in price, both of which work well on 3G/EVDO. Verizon is still having problems with LTE implementation.



I also read that the Verizon's version of their iPhone 5 only has the one chip so you still can't have talk/surf on 4G LTE
...
epik

Sep 24, 2012, 12:21 AM
That's an overall iPhone 5 design, not specific to the Verizon version. If Verizon (or Sprint) moved away from using CDMA for voice, you would have the same configuration that AT&T users enjoy.
...
sparker781

Sep 24, 2012, 8:16 AM
epik said:
That's an overall iPhone 5 design, not specific to the Verizon version. If Verizon (or Sprint) moved away from using CDMA for voice, you would have the same configuration that AT&T users enjoy.


Funny when I brought my mother to ATT to upgrade her phone (Not the iPhone) that's what the tech said to me...I guess he was trying to get me to drink the iPhone koolaid and get me enticed to switch. I don't understand why they didn't include that option when it was made for Verizon?
...
Jarahawk

Sep 25, 2012, 11:47 PM
Apple already dismisses CDMA technology as it is. It must have been difficult for them to hold their nose when they initially jumped into bed with Verizon and the iphone 4 (especially when their commercials hyping AT&T's 'Talk and Surf feature were easily the most effective against the 'idont' campaign. From Apple's perspective everything will be just fine once Verizon and Sprint switch to VoLTE.
...
Victek

Sep 26, 2012, 10:10 AM
How often do people need to talk and surf at the same time? I've had an Incredible 2 on Verizon for over a year and I can't think of a single situation where I needed to do this. I'm sure some people sometimes need it, but is this considered a primary feature that people would switch carriers for?
...
AtTheMet

Sep 28, 2012, 6:08 PM
Victek said:
How often do people need to talk and surf at the same time? I've had an Incredible 2 on Verizon for over a year and I can't think of a single situation where I needed to do this. I'm sure some people sometimes need it, but is this considered a primary feature that people would switch carriers for?



It is handy now that I use my iPhone for mobile field visits. I can confirm information pulled from my website with the customer real-time on the phone while talking through my Bluetooth. I no longer carry my laptop and am starting to leave the tablet home too.
...
Jarahawk

Sep 29, 2012, 12:25 AM
It wasn't a deal killer to me either...until I purchased the Rezound. Now it is the only feature keeping me from going back to Blackberry on VZW.
...
iamajim

Sep 21, 2012, 5:43 PM
Yup. Looks a bit strange imo. Plus you can get the new OS on your old 4S so...wth, why spend the money? The wife has decided to wait, fine with me lol. I'm looking forward to the Note2 and HTC big dog coming soon, plus the Win8 phones are looking good.
...
LL Cool Jake

Sep 21, 2012, 5:51 PM
I concur!
...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.


all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

 

All content Copyright 2001-2015 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.
1