Amp'd Does Need Some Improvements
1) The lack of pre-pay is an obvious no-no. Amp'd is obviously aimed directly at teens an' college students, yet its all contract? And 2-YEAR contracts still? Give us a break. Get serious, get some prepay to go along with the contracts.
2) Obviously they need more phones. Kyocera Jet looks neat, but Amp'd needs at least 10-12 cool phones, in various price ranges. Even Virgin offers 10 phones, an' they aren't half as cool as they think they are.
3) The 'no overage' mobile-to-mobile minutes gimmick is lame. Maybe on prepay it'd be acceptable, but on contract it should be unlimited m2m, period, no cuteness. A lotta peeps who did not read the fine print are gonna holla that they were ripped off once they find out. Not a good way to create a good rep fo' yourself.
On the plus side, I do like that they offer $29.99 contracts (which put T-mobile's $29 Basic Plus contract to shame, incidentally), and the free data for 3 months things is a really good idea.. might turn some peeps into permanent data users. Still, Amp'd has got some things it needs ta work on.
- Re: Amp'd Does Need Some Improvements by sowhatsowhat10
- Re: Amp'd Does Need Some Improvements by MIKE3222
- Re: Amp'd Does Need Some Improvements by vintagetech