Phone Scoop

printed August 2, 2015
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/carriers/forum.php?fm=m&ff=16&fh=2025892

Home  ›  Carriers  ›

Boost Mobile

Info & Phones News Reviews › Forum  

all discussions

Question on setting up service with Boost

salz08

Mar 15, 2009, 12:49 PM
I am getting ready to buy a phone and sign up for the unlimited plan with Boost.

If anyone could answer a few questions for me, it would be appreciated.

1) Do all the phones currently available for purchase on Boost support all the features of the unlimited $50/month plan?

2) Does the purchase of say the I776 include any service or do you pay additional for that?

3) Is porting a number a lengthy process (from Alltel)?

Thanks!
...
DoubleHelix

Mar 15, 2009, 9:24 PM
I think you need to read this thread first.....

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r22012563-Other-Boos ... »

Apparently there are issues that prevent text messages from being delivered as well as call blocking issues.

Don't shoot the messenger...I was disappointed after reading the thread.
...
jrfdsf

Mar 17, 2009, 4:38 PM
DoubleHelix said:
I think you need to read this thread first.....

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r22012563-Other-Boos ... »

Apparently there are issues that prevent text messages from being delivered as well as call blocking issues.

Don't shoot the messenger...I was disappointed after reading the thread.

The OP wanted to know if the $50 plan covered everything, if porting from Alltel would be difficult, and about one of the phones. He didn't ask what anyone thought about the service, or to provide links to some internet opinion thread.

Nobody here wants to "shoot the messenger," we are just suggesting that "the messenger" not quit his day job since he fails to deliver messages that he's
...
(continues)
...
DoubleHelix

Mar 17, 2009, 5:48 PM
Who died and appointed you the moderator of the forum.
I as a fellow Phonescoop user am compelled to point out potential problems that others have reported so that he/she can make a truly informed decision.

By providing he/she that link, it is a value add and i will continue to post what I want in the spirit of helping others.
Are you normally this bitchy and nasty and imperious or did you get up on the wrong side of the floor today?
...
jrfdsf

Mar 17, 2009, 6:02 PM
DoubleHelix said:
Who died and appointed you the moderator of the forum.
I as a fellow Phonescoop user am compelled to point out potential problems that others have reported so that he/she can make a truly informed decision.

By providing he/she that link, it is a value add and i will continue to post what I want in the spirit of helping others.
Are you normally this bitchy and nasty and imperious or did you get up on the wrong side of the floor today?

You didn't answer any of his questions.

If you were having a casual conversation with someone, and asked them directions to a certain restaurant, would you want to hear about how bad they think that place really is, or would you rather they give
...
(continues)
...
DoubleHelix

Mar 17, 2009, 6:21 PM
And if someone asked me for directions and the restaurant stunk, I would tell them out of a sens of obligation to give them as much information as possible.

You need to stop "preaching" Mr. Pedant.
...
jrfdsf

Mar 17, 2009, 6:29 PM
DoubleHelix said:
And if someone asked me for directions and the restaurant stunk, I would tell them out of a sens of obligation to give them as much information as possible.

You need to stop "preaching" Mr. Pedant.

The problem is, you never gave him the "directions," just your opinion that the "restaurant" stinks. Your remarks are off-topic.
...
unlimited23

Mar 25, 2009, 3:04 PM
no you dont have to pay extra to use the i776 or the i9 on that $50 plan. as a dealer, i can tell you that porting the number has been flawless for most of my customers coming from att,verizon, tmob,alltel,cricket and pocket. most of them go through within half a day. i've had some ports transfer in about an hour and half.

now on to the personal opinions. i find value on the $50 bc i use it mainly to talk and the latency on walkie is great, reliable. the texting is not great, especially if you've ported your number in, or even with the boost prefix. i let my customers know from the get go that the texting is not all that great. usually the first response i get is "i dont use that much, that's for kids". most people wud b disappointed wi...
(continues)
...
InsaneRoy

Mar 18, 2009, 10:41 PM
1) Do all the phones currently available for purchase on Boost support all the features of the unlimited $50/month plan?
Yes, all the phones Boost mobile sales support all features. I'm saying all present phones sold. Some of the older phones were not capable of MMS and web.

2) Does the purchase of say the I776 include any service or do you pay additional for that?
With the Monthly Unlimited plan all services are include. The only items no include are downloads, IM, ring tones, call tones, games, etc...
3) Is porting a number a lengthy process (from Alltel)?
The process can take between 24 to 48 hours but has been done within a couple of hours.
...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.


all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

 

All content Copyright 2001-2015 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.
2