Can I Get a Little Assistance? Please?
My name is Roger, and I live in Houston, TX. Maybe you've heard of it, maybe not; it's not that important. Unless you intend to visit this time of year. If so, DON'T DO IT!! It's too dang hot!
Anyway, I'm really hoping y'all experienced, seasoned cell phone users wouldn't mind spending a little time educating and assisting me as I actually enter the 21st century.
To give you a better idea, I had to exchange my Nokia 5185 for a newer phone about two years ago, as after nine years, it finally bit the dust. I "upgraded" to a Cricket Samsung U-340 Capture(I think).
Now that everyone in the world, including my friends, workmates, family, etc., has a smartphone, I'm seriously considering getting into the game.
One of the reasons I like Cricket is that there's no contract involved(apparently, I'm commitment-phobic), my monthly payment is low, and Cricket covers all of the monthly charges, surcharges, fees, and all of the other ridiculous "add ons" that add about 4-6 dollars to every bill. 42.54 a month; is this a great country or what? And yes, I've resigned to the fact that I'll be paying more for a smart phone, thank you.
So I guess I'll shut the hell up and get to it. Here are a few questions that I've been wondering about:
1. As you all know, the only smartphones that Cricket offers are the Sanyo ZIO, the Ascend I, the Ascend II, and another one that I can't recall right now. Which is the best from that bunch, and does it come anywhere close to competing with the other smartphones out there?
2. How can I make sure that 'Flash Player' can be loaded onto the phone? A friend has an older model Samsung, and if he wants to watch a video from anywhere other than YouTube, he's pretty much screwed. I would like the ability to watch a video, regardless of its source. Is that an unreasonable request?
3. Are there any no-contract companies out there that are superior to Cricket in any aspect, such as choice of phones, signal strength, price, etc.? I'm definitely not committed to Cricket, I can assure you. Dang! There goes that 'commitment' thing again. Note to self: Call therapist.
4. This is not really a question, but if you all could tell me what's good or bad out there, what providers/phones/'you fill in the blank' to run from, I'd really appreciate it.
Well, I've taken up enough of y'all's time for now. Again, thanks in advance to everyone who can help me. For those who don't respond, thanks again. I appreciate you reading this far, and take care of yourselves.
If anyone wants to e-mail me directly, that'd be great. I think that this forum puts the address on here somewhere.
- Re: Can I Get a Little Assistance? Please? by CricketWireless
- Tea Elle by Trismegistus