Can I use and Unlocked I-Phone on Cricket?
1) is their web access any good? can I effectively browse the internet with their unlimited plan for $40 a month?
2) am I stuck with their phone offerings? can I get some kind of "unlocked" phone or droid?
3) if I am stuck with their phones does the Cal-Comp MSGM8 have a big enough screen to effectively browse the web?
2 - Yes. And no. In that order.
3 - I cannot comment on matters of personal opinion.
1) YES, also depends on your coverage area. Where I live there is the CDMA version of 3G available. By itself $5.00 for regular phones, if its a "smartphone" $15.00, better than $30.00.
2) NO, you can use "FLASHED" phones, as long as its compatible with the service. The iPhone is not compatible so sorry. Droid yes. They do have the new KYOCERA ZIO coming out.
3) Yes, the MSGM8 is good but not to say better than droid. Get a FLASHED device.
- You're Welcome
2. You can have a phone flashed over to cricket. It costs 60.00 to have it flashed and it takes about a week for them to get it back if you're in an area where they have to send it off because they don't have the equiptment.
3. It has a fairly decent sized screen, however it's a very basic phone. You better off get an android such as the Ascend or Zio if you want to surf the web alot.
Hope this helps.
1. You just want unlimited talk and text, and don't mind just getting mediocre treatment as far as data services go;
2. You do not at all foresee yourself needing any technical support...
I have Boost, which is not bad, but Virgin Mobile has Android plans for cheaper, and with a better phone, which is a good option if you don't live in a MetroPCS sponsored area.
Stupid Metro, thinking Charlotte's not big enough to qualify as an actual city to consider...