BlackBerry Curve 8330 questions.
1. Is it possible to easily (bluetooth?) transfer text msgs from the phone to my PC? I get a lot of texts that I need to permanently keep (even if the phone breaks).
2. Is there a way to set a short MP3 audio clip as the ringtone for this phone?
3. What is the feature "Voice as Ringtones" listed on MetroPCS's website? This phone doesn't support it. My guess is that it means making a voice memo and then assigning it as ringtone??
4. How fast is the web browsing on this phone? I'm in South Florida and browsing on my current Samsung r410 is as slow as molasses!
5. Any other thoughts on the phone? What didn't you like about ...
The blackberry brings its own software. You install it on your computer and once you run the program you can back up your phone including the messages I'm not sure if you can send them through bluetooth. I text a lot and this phone holds my texts messages from exactly 30 days ago and you can save them so im sure you'll have plenty of memory on the phone
2. Is there a way to set a short MP3 audio clip as the ringtone for this phone? Yes you would just plug it to your pc and view it as a massive storage device, you'll see a file that says ringtones this is where you need to save the files to in order to set them as ring tones. If you go to www.zedge.com you can create a ringtone from whatever song you want and you can pick the exa...
1. Pay $20 for ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter which lets you export from the backed-up IPD data file to TXT/CSV (for Excel/Word).
2. Pay $20 for Electric Pocket txtForward to auto-fwd all incoming/outgoing text messages to your email.
I hope the browsing speed you experienced is the same I can expect in the West Palm Beach area. If it is, I'm getting the phone. ;)