Slice phone and Virgin Mobile
However . . .
1) The rights to this phone (and others that Virgin offers) are owned by Virgin Mobile completely which means that you cannot download any free ringtones, wallpaper, games etc. that are not offered through Virgin Mobile, meaning of course, that you have to pay to play. I tried looking for a sync kit for use with my phone and computer . . . forget about it. They aren't available.
2) My phone will not charge beyond one bar. I contacted customer service and asked for a replacement battery (since my phone is under warranty) and they sent me a replacement phone, with the crappy battery, which did the exact same thing as my personal phone. I called back and they sent me a charger. Our third conversation was regarding the fact that they lost the replacement stuff I sent back, since it was useless, and they were threatening to terminate my service (without having tracked the package first of course). There is something wrong with either the phone or the battery or both. There is definitely something wrong with customer service who didn't listen to what I had to say the three times I called.
3) The phone has been discontinued by Virgin Mobile and that's probably a good thing. However they are still selling off their stock with a special "Get the phone free for $20 in airtime." Caveat Emptor! Buyer Beware!!
4) Stay away from Virgin Mobile! Their customer service is terrible, and the agents don't know what they are doing. When you call their 800 number, the menu options given are confusing, and it's difficult to talk to a human being (who are untrained anyway), and their website is even worse. Virgin Mobile is not consumer friendly!! They sell defective products and they don't fix them!!
5) Stay away from Virgin Mobile!
Don't get me wrong I love the phone (I would love it even more, if it would hold a charge) it was the terrible service that I received from Virgin that turned me off. They apparently don't value their customers. I am really angry about the service I received! Virgin has lost me as a customer.
No replies to this message