Phone Scoop

printed September 3, 2015
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/discuss.php?fm=m&ff=9671&fh=3040840

Home  ›  News  ›

Board Says LightSquared's Network 'Would Cause Harm'

Article Comments  

all discussions

I guess no one cares that LightSquared is in the right...

planethulk

Jan 14, 2012, 11:50 AM
We keep getting these expert opinions on how LightSquared will cause harm to current GPS technology, but everyone is forgetting it's the fault of the GPS industry. It's the current GPS companies that decided that they would use the incorrect spectrum blocks and now that someone else is trying to use the blocks that they actually PAID for, they want to cry to the government to fix it. I hope LS sues the %^&* out of everyone of these companies who is using the wrong spectrum blocks. Then they need to sue the FCC for allowing this to happen and taking the side of an industry putting money in its pockets. Fascist government at its worst here.
...
insider.

Jan 14, 2012, 12:36 PM
you may be right. the flip side of the coin is that LS gambled that they could make their frequencies work without interfering with GSP L bands and they failed. they cannot make it work safely when they said they could modify it to make it work without interference.
...
planethulk

Jan 26, 2012, 3:38 PM
Well not really. There was no flip side. They are using the bandwidth given to them by the FCC and the GPS industry is using bandwidth they were NOT given by the FCC. Pretty simple.
...
WiWavelength

Jan 14, 2012, 7:27 PM
planethulk said:
We keep getting these expert opinions on how LightSquared will cause harm to current GPS technology...


Listen to the experts. They know what they are talking about. You obviously do not.

planethulk said:
Fascist government at its worst here.


Misinformation at its worst here. Be knowledgeable about a subject. Or be quiet about it. But do not post noise that goes over your education and/or intelligence level.

1. GPS does not "use the incorrect spectrum blocks."

2. LightSquared "PAID for" L band satellite spectrum, not terrestrial use spectrum.

3. GPS companies are not "cry[ing] to the government to fix it." LightSquared is the one "cry[in...
(continues)
...
muchdrama

Jan 15, 2012, 2:21 AM
WiWavelength said:


Listen to the experts. They know what they are talking about. You obviously do not.

Misinformation at its worst here. Be knowledgeable about a subject. Or be quiet about it. But do not post noise that goes over your education and/or intelligence level.

1. GPS does not "use the incorrect spectrum blocks."

2. LightSquared "PAID for" L band satellite spectrum, not terrestrial use spectrum.

3. GPS companies are not "cry[ing] to the government to fix it." LightSquared is the one "cry[ing] to the government to fix" a problem that LightSquared itself is creating.

LightSquared wants to change the regulations so that it can use its L band satellite spectrum on Earth. The FCC granted Lig
...
(continues)
...
planethulk

Jan 26, 2012, 3:42 PM
Too bad you are both incorrect. Having someone who is incorrect explain something is no help. The only reason you say I don't have my facts straight is because your OPINION is to side against the facts. Please supply any document or proof of your assertions? LS has already proven that they are correct. Oh and muchdrama looks cute in a cheerleader outfit.
...
muchdrama

Jan 26, 2012, 4:33 PM
planethulk said:
Too bad you are both incorrect. Having someone who is incorrect explain something is no help. The only reason you say I don't have my facts straight is because your OPINION is to side against the facts. Please supply any document or proof of your assertions? LS has already proven that they are correct. Oh and muchdrama looks cute in a cheerleader outfit.


Yeah, we're going to listen to you vs. all the great, and factual, info he posted.
...
Jayshmay

Jan 14, 2012, 9:50 PM
+1!!!
...
maokh

Jan 15, 2012, 1:48 AM
GPS is a weak signal mode. It was here first. While I haven't looked at the test data and personally validated it, i'll assume there's not some out of control conspiracy theory at stake, and there is truth to the results of the report.

Ask any amateur radio operator or RF engineer: If you put powerful signals right next to a weak signal operation, you are asking for trouble. These guys deal with 1000 watt pager transmitters splattering into repeater inputs all of the time, its a very old problem.

The dirty truth is that radio spectrum isn't as cut and dry as some people think. That pretty little chart with all the squared off lines is a lie. Its analog, its fuzzy, and things do spill over slightly. Then you have harmonics, spu...
(continues)
...
muchdrama

Jan 15, 2012, 2:25 AM
maokh said:
GPS is a weak signal mode. It was here first. While I haven't looked at the test data and personally validated it, i'll assume there's not some out of control conspiracy theory at stake, and there is truth to the results of the report.

Ask any amateur radio operator or RF engineer: If you put powerful signals right next to a weak signal operation, you are asking for trouble. These guys deal with 1000 watt pager transmitters splattering into repeater inputs all of the time, its a very old problem.

The dirty truth is that radio spectrum isn't as cut and dry as some people think. That pretty little chart with all the squared off lines is a lie. Its analog, its fuzzy, and things do spill over slightl
...
(continues)
...
planethulk

Jan 26, 2012, 3:48 PM
Let me know when you have a rational thought, ms drama.
...
muchdrama

Jan 26, 2012, 4:32 PM
planethulk said:
Let me know when you have a rational thought, ms drama.


I don't have to--apparently he's doing it all for us.
...
planethulk

Jan 31, 2012, 12:50 PM
"he"? The figurehead of your irrational thoughts?
...
muchdrama

Jan 31, 2012, 7:07 PM
planethulk said:
"he"? The figurehead of your irrational thoughts?


'Maokh', genius--the guy who stole your fake thunder.
...
planethulk

Feb 3, 2012, 9:34 PM
Oh I knew you meant Maokh. My comment was regarding how you used him as a figurehead for your own irrationality. Two wrong people don't equal greater correctness. There's no proof from either side but for some reason you keyboard experts are completely willing to jump to one side in some sort of weird need to be seen agreeing with the winning opinion.
...
muchdrama

Feb 3, 2012, 9:42 PM
planethulk said:
Oh I knew you meant Maokh. My comment was regarding how you used him as a figurehead for your own irrationality.


Dude. The guy OWNED you with facts. Give it up.
...
planethulk

Feb 4, 2012, 6:16 PM
muchdrama said:


Dude. The guy OWNED you with facts. Give it up.



Laughing

He "owned" me with facts that have nothing to do with the argument. Saying that high power signals interfere with low power signals is not the argument here. The argument is whether or not the GPS industry is using frequencies they are not supposed to. My only argument is that these claims should be investigated and if true it should be the GPS industry held responsible for the fix not LightSquared. What's so hard to understand about that to you guys? Rolling Eyes

Oh by the way:
"The Sky is BLUE and we live on Earth".
Dude. How does it feel to be OWNED by facts?

Laughing
...
planethulk

Jan 26, 2012, 3:48 PM
It's not a "conspiracy theory". Many GPS companies have used the incorrect bands and now they claim that LS will interfere in their systems. It's just a fact man. Saying the sky is blue isn't a conspiracy theory either. LS has already proven the issue and the GPS industry has yet to deny that they are doing this. More appropriately it's a "Moron Conspiracy" by people who are trying to pretend that facts make you a kook. I'm sorry your TomTom won't work properly because they effed up and decided to use something they weren't supposed to use in the first place.
...
planethulk

Feb 3, 2012, 9:30 PM
Well um at no point did I mention any sort of far fetched "conspiracy theory". If the GPS Industry(which isn't the government as far as I remember)is using spectrum blocks they are not supposed to use then the problem is theirs not LightSquared's. Any argument with that basic understanding of law in America is silly and we can just stop talking now.
However, I do understand that if the problem is not caused by GPS caused interference then the problem is LightSquared's. Where my problem with the FCC is that I believe that if the problem does indeed exist with the GPS industry then I'm 80% convinced that they will still rule against LightSquared just because they are too lazy to fight the GPS industry over the issue. Much easier to backstab ...
(continues)
...

This forum is closed.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

This forum is closed.


all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

 

All content Copyright 2001-2015 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.
1