Phone Scoop

printed April 20, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/discuss.php?fm=m&ff=9580&fi=3035606

Home  ›  News  ›

Sprint: We Don't Throttle Smartphone Users

Article Comments  

Back to message list

Top message:  We Won't Throttle, We'll Just Terminate by metakong   Jan 6, 2012, 2:56 PM

Replying to:  Re: We Won't Throttle, We'll Just Terminate by edzero   Jan 6, 2012, 3:10 PM

Re: We Won't Throttle, We'll Just Terminate

by metakong    Jan 6, 2012, 3:21 PM

Well, I understand what you mean, but it's not all that vague if you work the industry and understand the reason behind the fact that all other carriers place limits on data:

There is not enough infrastructure to support the kind of high end data usage the top 5% go through without reducing the bandwidth of the other 95%, regardless of carrier. Sprint, in particular, doesn't have the infrastructure to support their "unlimited" claim.

If you do as I do and, on any given day, have the potential to download over 20GB worth of video, there isn't a data provider out there that WON'T throttle you, land based ISP's included.

Try tethering your Sprint phone, download the top 10 movies of all time, and, based on statements, Sprint will send you a letter telling you to stop downloading movies or they will terminate the service. Seems simple and logical enough to me.

Report to moderator

Replies


This forum is closed.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

 

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.
2