Verizon Wireless Confirms $2 Fee for Making One-Time Payments
Just use your bank's online bill payment service. That's ACH and therefore this fee doesn't apply. You can do it manually each month even if you use paper billing. (That's how I pay most of my bills.)
This fee is only if you're using a credit card. Credit cards do come with fees, paid by the merchant. 2 percent is typical for any kind of rewards card. So on a $100 phone bill, that's $2. Verizon is simply passing that on to you.
I do think it's a stupid move on Verizon's part, but that's what's going on.
- Re: Really more of a credit card fee... by cellphonesaretools
- Re: Really more of a credit card fee... by muchdrama
- Flawed execution... by Jarahawk
- Re: Really more of a credit card fee... by mkl4466
- Lots and lots of businesses DON'T charge to use a credit card by Jayshmay