Justice Dept. Questions Legitimacy of AT&T/T-Mobile Deal
AT&T Wins Again
The WORSE part of this whole deal is the ammount of tax payer money that's going into trying to prevent AT&T from trying to monopolize the cell phone industry as they did with landlines back in the 80's and 90's.
I believe you need to read your history a little better so you know the telecommunications industry better.
The Ma Bell breakup was initiated in 1974, final settlement was agreed on in 1982, and the breakup was effective 1984.
Verizon was originally Bell Atlantic, so they arose out of the old AT&T also.
1. exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market, or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices.
2. an exclusive privilege to carry on a business, traffic, or service, granted by a government.
3. the exclusive possession or control of something.
4. something that is the subject of such control, as a commodity or service.
5. a company or group that has such control.
This forum is closed.