Phone Scoop

printed July 29, 2015
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/discuss.php?fm=m&ff=9063&fh=2973262

Home  ›  News  ›

BlackBerry Outage Reaches the U.S.

Article Comments  

all discussions

Blackberry = meh

cellgeek82

Oct 12, 2011, 12:27 PM
And this is why iPhone and Android are dominating Blackberry.
...
T Bone

Oct 12, 2011, 12:41 PM
Because once every 3 years they have an outage?

I don't think so.

It's because Android and iPhone are perceived as being 'hip and trendy' and Blackberry isn't....

But that's fine, you go be hip and trendy, I'll use a phone that actually WORKS....and has a battery life longer than 3 hours....
...
famoussasjohn

Oct 12, 2011, 1:23 PM
my iPhone battery lasts me a few days..
...
rafster

Oct 12, 2011, 4:50 PM
famoussasjohn said:
my iPhone battery lasts me a few days..


How much do you use it? Is it constant use? Data, Voice, Music, etc?

My BB 8350i goes about 3 days with constant direct connect and data usage.
...
vercetti

Oct 12, 2011, 1:47 PM
Laughing my evo last 14 hours everyday. 6AM to about 9PM. You just have to know how to set them up. I have seen rooted evos go 48 hours.
...
muchdrama

Oct 12, 2011, 2:07 PM
vercetti said:
Laughing my evo last 14 hours everyday. 6AM to about 9PM. You just have to know how to set them up. I have seen rooted evos go 48 hours.


And I'm Captain Kirk.
...
Your real Dad

Oct 12, 2011, 2:42 PM
On standby
...
gloopey1

Oct 12, 2011, 1:54 PM
T Bone said:
Because once every 3 years they have an outage?

I don't think so.

It's because Android and iPhone are perceived as being 'hip and trendy' and Blackberry isn't....

But that's fine, you go be hip and trendy, I'll use a phone that actually WORKS....and has a battery life longer than 3 hours....

The key word here is "works." Blackberries are phones for the grown ups who pay the bill.
...
T Bone

Oct 12, 2011, 7:19 PM
Tools for getting work done.....iPhones and Android phones are toys for children who want to be entertained...
...
rafster

Oct 12, 2011, 12:56 PM
I'm an avid BB user (8350i on Nextel)... I love BB.

I'm worried though, this is how the whole sidekick death happened... all with an outage.... What's scary is this is worldwide.... You would think that they would have more than one back up system in place... come on RIM!
...
muchdrama

Oct 12, 2011, 2:06 PM
cellgeek82 said:
And this is why iPhone and Android are dominating Blackberry.


RIM has 70 million customers. A large majority of them being professionals and city/county/state/federal employees. You keep on bad-mouthing them, but a lot of people need their services.
...

This forum is closed.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

This forum is closed.


all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

 

All content Copyright 2001-2015 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.
2