Phone Scoop

printed August 31, 2015
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/discuss.php?fm=m&ff=6890&fh=2567974

Home  ›  News  ›

Apple Pushes Past RIM To Become Fourth Largest Phone Maker

Article Comments  

all discussions

Poor RIM--

muchdrama

Oct 29, 2010, 7:07 PM
--on its way to irrelevance. And it's a damn shame, too--I totally dig Blackberry.
...
floex831

Oct 30, 2010, 11:09 AM
Same here, but they are not updating their phones like the other manufacturers. They still do the same thing they did 5 years ago. no evolution honestly. Practicallity is the best, but aesthetics and fun factor are not there.
...
muchdrama

Oct 30, 2010, 6:07 PM
floex831 said:
Same here, but they are not updating their phones like the other manufacturers. They still do the same thing they did 5 years ago. no evolution honestly. Practicallity is the best, but aesthetics and fun factor are not there.


It's because their handsets are aimed at business people--business people want what works, period. As long as there are business people, RIM will be around. But they've gotta come up with something that properly competes against Android and iOS4.
...
floex831

Oct 31, 2010, 11:35 AM
True, but with Android now supporting coorporate email, a BlackBerry still has very little to offer. As a Sprint rep, I see more and more people and businesses switching to Android. One customer's employer even told him they no longer support BlackBerry and instructed him to get an Android phone (probably because of the extra costs for BES, with Android it's free). The BB Tablet might re-energize BlackBerry but from a personal as well as first hand witness of many customers considering other OSs, I really believe that BlackBerry will have to begin targeting non-business users and step up their hardware as well as their software.
...
mycool

Oct 31, 2010, 7:45 PM
floex831 said:
True, but with Android now supporting coorporate email, a BlackBerry still has very little to offer.


Is it as secure though? That's a big difference to a lot of companies. Sure, there are some companies who don't value security, but most do. Personally I would never do business with a company who runs an insecure network if my information is on that network.
...
muchdrama

Oct 31, 2010, 8:47 PM
mycool said:


Is it as secure though? That's a big difference to a lot of companies. Sure, there are some companies who don't value security, but most do. Personally I would never do business with a company who runs an insecure network if my information is on that network.


That's where it's no contest: no one comes even close to Blackberry's security.
...

This forum is closed.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

This forum is closed.


all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

 

All content Copyright 2001-2015 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.
2