Phone Scoop

printed August 4, 2015
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/discuss.php?fm=m&ff=1554&fh=513556

Home  ›  News  ›

US Upgrades GPS Signal

Article Comments  

all discussions

Bush approved it? Hmmm...

TradeMark_310

Jan 25, 2006, 6:22 PM
So the Pentagon invented it, Bush subsequently jumps on... it's gotta be about more then improving signal and competing with Europe. Something tells me this ALSO allows for easier tapping of lines, easier to invade your privacy. Lets face it, that's all this administration cares about. I'm sure with the complacency level reached in this country, most people would agree to a signal that allows others to tap it as long as they get more then half a bar in their living room. Oh well, kiss your freedoms goodbye...
...
CptFarlow

Jan 25, 2006, 6:45 PM
My mother actually told me the other day... would rather give up some privacy to keep me safe from terrorists..."

That made me wanna cry...it is exactly what we don't need.

As far as your theory, I wouldn't doubt it.
...
D102982

Jan 25, 2006, 9:06 PM
Wow you guys are somthing else. You now what else? I bet someone from the government shot JFK too.....
...
staiano

Jan 25, 2006, 10:48 PM
Those are two totally different things.

Just because the gov't DID shoot JFK doesn't mean an advanced GPS signal makes for easier line tapping.
...
D102982

Jan 25, 2006, 11:32 PM
it was a joke
...
staiano

Jan 27, 2006, 12:25 PM
I know it was, that's why I wrote back like I did. I was just playing.
...
icuhaha

Jan 26, 2006, 12:23 PM
Quit assuming everything is about you

Bush is damned if he does b/c it violates "privacy" (when really he isn't)

and he will be damned if he doesn't b/c Terrorists (who probably wld be stopped b/c of the tapping of phn lines) were allowed to make intn't clls

C'mon - he's only trying to do what the people ask of him - PROTECT the US!!!
...
TradeMark_310

Jan 26, 2006, 5:18 PM
I asked Bush to go to war with Iraq and not Bin Laden? I asked him to send my generation off to die while he sits behind a desk? Funny, I don't remember that!
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing to hide. I doubt they would tap me ever, but I don't want to give up my freedoms. FCC already affects US cell service too much, the more we give up the more they will take. If the gov't has the option to spy, believe me, they WILL do it. There's no fun in having power to do something and not doing it.
Tapping your phone isn't violating privacy? Where do you live? The Moon?
...
lokietek

Jan 27, 2006, 9:18 AM
I asked Bush to go to Iraq by voting for him twice. Our awesome military protects your freedom to hate this country and its leadership. You will be the first one to blame the president when your muslim friends bomb us again. President's main job is to protect this country-check the Constitution. Confused Mad
...
TradeMark_310

Jan 29, 2006, 5:40 PM
Then he should have done it BEFORE 9/11.
And believe me, I'll blame whoever bombs us. I love this country, thats why I hate having freedoms revoked and seeing my friends die in a senseless war. Plus, what does Bush care about the constitution? He probably can't even read it. No other President would go to war against people who had nothing to do with the bombing. Only Iraq has terrorists? Open your eyes and stop jumping on his nuts just cause he's our leader.
...
judog2g

Jan 27, 2006, 12:51 AM
icuhaha said:
Quit assuming everything is about you

Bush is damned if he does b/c it violates "privacy" (when really he isn't)

and he will be damned if he doesn't b/c Terrorists (who probably wld be stopped b/c of the tapping of phn lines) were allowed to make intn't clls

C'mon - he's only trying to do what the people ask of him - PROTECT the US!!!


Hopefully that was sarcasm, and your not a f*&king fool.
...
pauldg

Jan 26, 2006, 12:47 PM
it does seem pretty fishy that all of a sudden, all of their satallites are upgraded - wouldn't that take some time and planning (i don't think this was just a software upgrade)

It's very possible that there were other things on those satallites that were also upgraded Twisted Evil
...
muchdrama

Jan 26, 2006, 1:28 PM
pauldg said:
it does seem pretty fishy that all of a sudden, all of their satallites are upgraded - wouldn't that take some time and planning (i don't think this was just a software upgrade)

It's very possible that there were other things on those satallites that were also upgraded Twisted Evil


Like Kryptonite Death Rays? I'm with you man...
...
pauldg

Jan 27, 2006, 12:57 PM
muchdrama said:


Like Kryptonite Death Rays? I'm with you man...


actually, the hubble was equiped with a kryptonite based death ray ... that's old news.

the real stuff is that multi-nation space station/ deathstar Wink
...
muchdrama

Jan 27, 2006, 3:06 PM
pauldg said:
muchdrama said:


Like Kryptonite Death Rays? I'm with you man...


actually, the hubble was equiped with a kryptonite based death ray ... that's old news.

the real stuff is that multi-nation space station/ deathstar Wink


Multi-nation? Allies vs. Axis? ;)
...
djdelay

Jan 27, 2006, 3:06 PM
sorry......just made me think of something
...
muchdrama

Jan 26, 2006, 1:27 PM
TradeMark_310 said:
So the Pentagon invented it, Bush subsequently jumps on... it's gotta be about more then improving signal and competing with Europe. Something tells me this ALSO allows for easier tapping of lines, easier to invade your privacy. Lets face it, that's all this administration cares about. I'm sure with the complacency level reached in this country, most people would agree to a signal that allows others to tap it as long as they get more then half a bar in their living room. Oh well, kiss your freedoms goodbye...


Blah, blah, blah...until we hear this directly from Junior's lips it's all speculation.
...

This forum is closed.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

This forum is closed.


all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

 

All content Copyright 2001-2015 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.
2