VCAST Music Disables MP3 Playback
No worries...Here's the fix!
1) Ensure that your phone has firmware version V06 on the device. Earlier versions do not need this guide and this guide has not been tested with firmwares that have not yet been released.
2) Enter the menu and press 0. You will then be prompted for a service code, which on Verizon phones should be 000000.
3) Scroll down to the last menu option which should be "Music Setting", at which point, you can select the MP3 function which will restore MP3 support. Chose this then exit out of the menu.
4) At this point MP3 playback will be available under Tunes and Tones (again).
5) To switch the dedicated music playback buttons to the MP3 player from the VCast music player, go to Tools, then Shortcut Key, and chose the MP3 Player ...
Wanna bet VZW blocks the hack on the next firmware update?
Lol some people....
VZW made a bad call here, can't really blame peeps for reversing it where and when they can.
Though, sadly, the hack is only for the 8100.
1) Can mp3s (or VCast music for that matter) be used as ring tones? If so, how do you apply them?
2) I didn't want to buy the Vcast software and would rather just download my mp3s. As such, rather than a data cable, I was going to buy a miniSD card w/adapter that has a USB 2.0 port so that, in theory, I can download from my pc directly onto the card. Has anyone tried this to see if it works?
3) Is there anyway to convert iTunes downloads to mp3s so that you can use them on the phone?
Thanks to any and all that respond.
Transfering Mp3 to SD card does work - thats the way you have to do it anyways because the music essentials kit converts to WMA's anyways. It will work as long as they are NOT protected.
An the lat question - No you cant convert Itunes to WMA - or that i am aware of - hope that helps
This forum is closed.