AT&T Reveals 'Next' Pricing for New iPhones
Before people start saying "rip off"
Low upfront costs - but consistent payments. Yes, we can all do math - do the math on the $199 contract price PLUS another $649 when you're impatient and can't wait to upgrade.
$199 + $649 + $36 activation fee for initial upgrade/new line = $884
ZERO down, $27 * 12 = $324 + NO activation fee.
Yes, my above math is dependent on you getting a new phone every 12 months - if this doesn't apply to you, then disregard, as you're not the person they're trying to target with this program from the first place.
It also scales better with higher capacity models, as it's only $5 more for a 32 or $10 for a 64. $10 * 12 = $120, versus paying the $200 upfront.
- Re: Before people start saying "rip off" by Jsizzle82
- what?? it' for STUPID people! by netboy
- Re: what?? it' for STUPID people! by Jsizzle82
- Re: what?? it' for STUPID people! by WhySoBluePandaBear
- It's a dollar sign and then the number. by Rusty Shackleford