Phone Scoop

printed December 21, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/discuss.php?fm=m&ff=12891&fi=3267914

Home  ›  News  ›

Apple Reveals the iPhone 5S with Fingerprint Sensor

Article Comments  

Back to message list

Replying to:  iPhone 5s is the Worst update ever. by justfinethanku   Sep 10, 2013, 2:05 PM

You got that right

by Zpike    Sep 10, 2013, 3:30 PM

>>So they added a processor thats 2x faster than the iPhone 5,

That's Apple's claim, and their marketing department has never been known to skew performance or misrepresent features. No point in reading any actual benchmarks, this is absolutely the fastest processor on the planet.

>>a camera that takes the best pictures of any phone on the market

Of course it does. Apple says so and they couldn't possibly be wrong. I'm sure their 8MP camera totally smokes the 42MP optical lens on the Nokia Lumia. Why even bother reading reviews? Apple has the undisputed best camera of any phone. Watch out Nikon, they're gunning for you.

>>Sure, maybe it's the fastest phone on the market,

Yes, because wimpy octa-core processors will obviously be slower. After all, Apple's 64-bit processors can now address more memory (which they forgot to include) and will inherently blow away all existing processors.

>>has the best camera,

Absolutely! No proof required for me. Apple says it, I believes it!

>>more apps,

Yes, because we all know Apple has a stranglehold on apps. Heck, until Apple came along, I'm not even sure what computer users did with their computers because there sure weren't any apps.

>>console-quality games,

Gotta admit, I love me some Crysis on my sub-par retina display with all its compression artifacts due to it's awesome non-HD resolution. If Apple doesn't endorse HD, then I say it's just hype. And who cares if console games are typically played on a big HD screen. I much prefer little crappy screens- because after all its a retina display, and that's all that matters.

>> more LTE bands than any other phone,

Yes, again! Because I have a great need for LTE bands that aren't supported by my carrier. And though I can live without features everyone uses like NFC, I cannot fathom buying a device that's missing LTE bands I will never have a use for.

>>dedicated graphics

Another concept invented by Apple. They are soooo Awesome!

>>and now motion processors

I'm not even sure what that is, but I'm certain nobody else is doing it and that I can't live without it!

>>while being the most secure phone on earth

As every reputable security firm will tell you. Blackberry, eat your heart out!

>> but it still looks like the 5.

Because nobody wants a change in appearance unless Apple says so, which is why I'm obviously such a huge fan of the puke green iPhone 5c.

>> user-replaceable battery for those of us who carry an extra battery around with us. (I know they have battery packs and cases but I don't roll that way)

I don't get you on this one. Apple absolutely does not need a replaceable battery. I love sending my phone off and waiting for Apple to send it back to me when my battery fails. I would never think of doing anything for myself and this is just another chance for Apple to show me how awesome they are by replacing my battery for me.

>> SD cards, everything is going to the cloud, but again, I keep a stack of SD cards on me all the time!

Again I disagree. I really only like Apple for the name, but I'm not really a part of their trendy graphics and video editing niche. So, I couldn't fathom ever being out somewhere I don't have internet access and using up my storage space shooting video with the best camera on the market, or the need to quickly share an extremely large video file with a device that isn't tied to my Apple account. And even though they have WAYYYYY more apps than anyone else, and all the best apps, and the best security on the planet, I'd still be hesitant to install too many of those super awesome apps. Whatever space Apple tells me I need is more than enough.

>>IR beam support, because I don't want to use my TV remote, thats what my PHONE is supposed to be for!

I have to disagree again. I don't even watch TV unless it's MAC TV. And there isn't fathomly any other use for an IR sensor. If there was Apple would have told me about it. I would prefer to have those extra LTE bands that aren't supported by my carrier. And even though I buy every Apple device that hits the shelf and will inevitably have a new iPhone by the time my carrier upgrades to those bands, if they ever do, I just feel really good that this iPhone has them.

>> I want the phone to watch my eyes.

No way. It's only cool if Apple says it is. And obviously if we needed intuitive features Apple would have included them. This feature is dumb by proxy of not being included on an Apple product.

Report to moderator

Replies


This forum is closed.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

 

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.
2