Apple Sued by Consumers Over iPhone Locking Policies
Replying to: The Sherman Act really?! by stevelvl
Re: The Sherman Act really?!
A Section 1 violation has three elements:
1. An agreement
2. which unreasonably restrains competition
3. and which affects interstate commerce.
A Section 2 violation has two elements:
1. the possession of monopoly power in the relevant market and
2. the willful acquisition or maintenance of that power as distinguished from growth or development as a consequence of a superior product, business acumen, or historic accident.
And laws over a 100 years old can still be used today depending on how broadly they were written.
- Re: The Sherman Act really?! by T Bone